Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Prayers...

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 4 years ago by sootie1835.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
rhonda69's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
louisville,ky
United States
Member #72809
March 28, 2009
9316 Posts
Posted: September 8, 2012, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

I have decided to make this thread for PRAYERS..... we all need them .....this is for everyone i mean everyone sometimes u might just want a prayer for yourself maybe a loved one is sick in the hospital or even death in the family this is the thread to come to . Please everyone be courteous to one another . I am doing this only because i have friends on here that i feel besides myself need prayer in our lives each and every day . Thanks for posting on this thread .

"I am a mere student wanting to be taught"

Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
    OHIO
    United States
    Member #4164
    March 27, 2004
    14586 Posts
    Posted: September 8, 2012, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

—2 Corinthians 9:8

What a powerful promise! If we are willing to generously share with others in the name of Jesus as the apostle Paul discusses in the previous two verses, we will have what we need and our lives will be full of good deeds that bring glory to God. So let's remind ourselves of one the very first lessons we should have learned as young children: share! Only this time, as children of God, let's share in the name of Jesus to bless others so they may come to his grace.

For All To Pray...

Thank you, dear Father, for all the incredible blessings you have poured into my life. You have richly blessed me physically and spiritually. Now I ask that your Spirit will help me be generous with the gifts you have so richly given to me. May my life, O LORD, be a consistent conduit of your blessings so that others may come to know your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Blue Angel

"I am what I am by the grace of God."

Kitfany

http://www.ohiolottery.com/

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
      Whiskey Island
      United States
      Member #90216
      April 24, 2010
      12752 Posts
      Posted: September 8, 2012, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Saint ExpediteFor a financial crisis...

Here is a prayer for your money emergency. The traditional way to petition Saint Expedite is to take a white and a green candle; carve your name on them lengthwise. Light the candles and continue lighting the candles and praying to him until you receive his answer. Have faith and do not doubt his power or willingness to help you.

Pray to Saint Expedite

I call forth the Power and the presence of St. Expedite in my time of financial trouble. I offer my body, heart, mind and soul upon your altar of light. I have faith and trust and complete confidence that you will be my strength in this time of need. Quickly come to my assistance.

Bring to me ____________ (Clearly express what you want, and ask him to find a way to get it to you.)

My financial need is urgent. Be my Light and Guide in this situation so that I may live with peace, love, prosperity and abundance and in the Praise of God.

Amen.

(Now promise to give Saint Expedite a specific offering If your desire is granted.)

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: September 8, 2012, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

Jesus is the only answer you will ever need.

sootie1835's avatar - spherewall
          New York
          United States
          Member #108469
          March 26, 2011
          4011 Posts
          Posted: September 8, 2012, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

I always ask my guaedian angels to surround me and help others in need. The doors are open by GOD.  They protect me when times seem to appear to get hard.  I do not have financial needs due to help from the unknown.  Things have happened to me you may not believe.   I do play #s and by error by some unknown reason  I put a # down I had no intentions to play and I hit it . This happens often, my sister calls it strange. My prayers for protection and from others who keep me in their prayers does work.   The lost of my son, my father, my mother,my brothers and good friends, spirits are with me.I do prayer for my #s to come to those who are in need.

BlessingsBlue Angel

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: September 8, 2012, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Great idea rhonda69Hurray!

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Inland Empire
              United States
              Member #118116
              October 22, 2011
              317 Posts
              Posted: September 8, 2012, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

There's a certain reason why it is said that YOU SHOULD FEAR GOD. I felt his wrath real good for some small mistakes. Be careful what you pray for. You never know how he would answer your prayer. If you get no answer from God, consider yourself lucky.

I felt his wrath really well and I'd rather not bother him by praying for anything.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10353 Posts
                Posted: September 8, 2012, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

gogidolim,

In the Bible when it says the fear of the Lord is the begining of knowledge (Proverbs 1:6-8), the word for fear in the original text was to revere.

Scripture doesn't instruct us to be afraid of the Lord but to revere him.

I know that's just one passage of many about fear, but it is quoted often.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

gsWinner's avatar - nw shadow.jpg
                  Tucker, GA
                  United States
                  Member #124289
                  March 10, 2012
                  5246 Posts
                  Posted: September 9, 2012, 12:06 am - IP Logged

There's a certain reason why it is said that YOU SHOULD FEAR GOD. I felt his wrath real good for some small mistakes. Be careful what you pray for. You never know how he would answer your prayer. If you get no answer from God, consider yourself lucky.

I felt his wrath really well and I'd rather not bother him by praying for anything.

Proverbs 3:11

11 My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

12 For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
                  Hebrews 12:7-8

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye <snip>s, and not sons.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Inland Empire
                    United States
                    Member #118116
                    October 22, 2011
                    317 Posts
                    Posted: September 9, 2012, 7:00 am - IP Logged

Proverbs 3:11

11 My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

12 For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
                    Hebrews 12:7-8

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye <snip>s, and not sons.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Surely God loves corporal punishment. Again, I felt his wrath for some really petty things. And I wonder why you would use KJV. KJV is not the most accurate translation.

God does have his favorites, no matter how they really worship him or not. Just like the Book of Isaiah said, both good and evil come out of from the Lord.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4792 Posts
                      Posted: September 9, 2012, 7:52 am - IP Logged

We always get an anwser from God.  Sometimes it is a "no." I agree about not praying for anything, save it for the big stuff.

J'aime La France.

louisville,ky
                        United States
                        Member #72809
                        March 28, 2009
                        9316 Posts
                        Posted: September 9, 2012, 9:31 am - IP Logged

I really would like to say this blessed morning that i didnt really know i would a good response out of this thread Thank u ,all of u, i have read each and everyones post and i welcome everyone to post on here . Many times we need a uplift wether its encouragement or just a shoulder . May i say reading these have uplifted my spirits and i hope everyone knows that God is with us regardless of what sin regardless of what happens in your past or present He loves us all  we are His children . Never question Gods intentions if it was meant it was meant. I have a uncle that is in the hospital right now has been there for 2 wks the doctors was going i say was going to do open heart surgery on him they went in by putn the scope down his throat the end result was no we r not going to risk this we have to wait my uncles heart is not beating regular like how it should so they have to wait to do the surgery in a few wks . My mother has p.o.a over my uncle and my mom is ill herself see this is the power of God i know He will keep u in HIS arms and protect and bless u see what people  dont realize is my mom cant hardly walk due to some hip, leg and weight problems but i have never seen my mom move or walk to make sure she is at the hospital everyday for her brother. God keeps us ! this is my testimony to my lp family i know what GOD can do and its a amazing thing. MaY GOd bless everyone on lp and ur loved ones and in this i pray , Amen.

louisville,ky
                          United States
                          Member #72809
                          March 28, 2009
                          9316 Posts
                          Posted: September 9, 2012, 9:31 am - IP Logged

thank u truly please come again dallascowboyfan

sootie1835's avatar - spherewall
                            New York
                            United States
                            Member #108469
                            March 26, 2011
                            4011 Posts
                            Posted: September 9, 2012, 10:02 am - IP Logged

rhonda, when I was young I remember the Reverend or Pastor  use to read and repeat a passage from the Bible and I use to wonder Why. Well don't you know! that # from it would hit! People worked just as we do today, but needed a little extra to make ends meet, so by the grace of GOD! The way to to make ends meet was given to us.

BlessingsBlue Angel

Saint Louis MO
                              United States
                              Member #110754
                              May 11, 2011
                              2649 Posts
                              Posted: September 9, 2012, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

I really would like to say this blessed morning that i didnt really know i would a good response out of this thread Thank u ,all of u, i have read each and everyones post and i welcome everyone to post on here . Many times we need a uplift wether its encouragement or just a shoulder . May i say reading these have uplifted my spirits and i hope everyone knows that God is with us regardless of what sin regardless of what happens in your past or present He loves us all  we are His children . Never question Gods intentions if it was meant it was meant. I have a uncle that is in the hospital right now has been there for 2 wks the doctors was going i say was going to do open heart surgery on him they went in by putn the scope down his throat the end result was no we r not going to risk this we have to wait my uncles heart is not beating regular like how it should so they have to wait to do the surgery in a few wks . My mother has p.o.a over my uncle and my mom is ill herself see this is the power of God i know He will keep u in HIS arms and protect and bless u see what people  dont realize is my mom cant hardly walk due to some hip, leg and weight problems but i have never seen my mom move or walk to make sure she is at the hospital everyday for her brother. God keeps us ! this is my testimony to my lp family i know what GOD can do and its a amazing thing. MaY GOd bless everyone on lp and ur loved ones and in this i pray , Amen.

May God bless you for starting this thread, everyone needs prayer and healing. Sending prayers for your Uncle and Mom.  Keep the faith!Blue Angel

lele100