Welcome Guest
You last visited April 28, 2017, 5:38 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Prayers...

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 5 years ago by sootie1835.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
OHIO
United States
Member #4164
March 27, 2004
14586 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2012, 11:28 am - IP Logged

Monday September 24, 2012

=========================

Never alone...

"In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him,

and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths." -Proverbs 3: 6

We all feel alone at times. Even Jesus felt alone on the cross. Do you remember what he said when he was dying on the cross? "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" Why have you forgotten me, left me alone? But in the end, when it was done, he says, "Into Your hands, oh Father, I commend my spirit." So, even when he felt alone, when he had that feeling, the emotions of being alone, he knew deep down inside, in his heart and mind, that God's love in the end would win.

There's this mystery, right? Why do these bad things happen? And I just don't have a good answer. Someday, when we've gone further in life, we may look back and be able to say, yes, I understand. But what Believer living means is this: I'm stuck in a fog, I'm in this forest, I've been lost, and I don't know where to go. Every direction I go, I'm still lost and there are just more trees, more fog, and more darkness. Then all you see is a hand reaching into this fog and it is the hand of the Father. Being a Believer is like this, taking that hand, and letting that hand guide you.

You don't know where it will lead you. You don't know why it keeps dragging you through thorns and over rocks, and why these difficult things happen, but you hold firmly onto the divine hand of grace, and know that in the end this hand will lead you out of the woods. Being a believer is trusting in God's best and that His hand will always be there, leading the way.

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for showing me the way. You lead me in the direction that I should go, and I so appreciate your loving guidance. When I feel alone, I know you are there. Amen.

"I am what I am by the grace of God."

Kitfany

http://www.ohiolottery.com/

Inland Empire
    United States
    Member #118116
    October 22, 2011
    324 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2012, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

A word of advice: Do not try to predict God's actions. In my own life experiences, I learned that God is very offended if somebody try to predict his actions. Even a small anticipation will enrage him. So pray but don't try to think too much of the result.

Detroit,MI
      United States
      Member #132948
      September 16, 2012
      12 Posts
      Posted: September 27, 2012, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

A right on time word......AMEN!

STORM's avatar - Rean
        Ga Fl Sc Nc All States 819* 290 160** 1958 Ryde!
        United States
        Member #57922
        January 23, 2008
        9320 Posts
        Posted: September 27, 2012, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

Fayfulatte's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg
          Detroit,Michgan
          United States
          Member #84785
          January 3, 2010
          2089 Posts
          Posted: September 28, 2012, 8:50 am - IP Logged

Thanks storm Everyone needs the Lord Prayer everyday Thanks

rhonda69's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
            louisville,ky
            United States
            Member #72809
            March 28, 2009
            9872 Posts
            Posted: October 3, 2012, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

Thanks everyone for still posting on this thread i have always believed the saying"prayer changes things". So thanks again and stay prayed up.

"I am a mere student wanting to be taught"

louisville,ky
              United States
              Member #72809
              March 28, 2009
              9872 Posts
              Posted: October 3, 2012, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

I wanted to add a little story that happened to me on the bus the other day a young man around 20 got on my bus , he was smiling (me i was in one of my modes Disapprove) the young man said good morning i said good morning back (going to skip the preliminaries) the young man had just come from rehabilitation and i was like oh what for he proclaimed he had been shot 9 times i was in shock i told him he was blessed he sd everyone tells him that and he wanted to know why GOD had saved him i told him so that he could tell his story.... this was a testimony. 9 times and your walking your talking and you look healthy thats a blessing. Here is the kicker he wasnt a gang banger he wasnt out selling drugs not that ...naw i did think that i'm not going to lie (my sin i had to pray on that one lol) but he said his childs mother did u hear me thats what he said his childs mother not baby mama .... set him up over a check , if this is not crazy the person that shot him is in prison and made a deal so that they can charge her....God is good .....i told this young man i would pray for him and that he made my day ....

sootie1835's avatar - spherewall
                New York
                United States
                Member #108469
                March 26, 2011
                4011 Posts
                Posted: October 4, 2012, 12:28 am - IP Logged

I wanted to add a little story that happened to me on the bus the other day a young man around 20 got on my bus , he was smiling (me i was in one of my modes Disapprove) the young man said good morning i said good morning back (going to skip the preliminaries) the young man had just come from rehabilitation and i was like oh what for he proclaimed he had been shot 9 times i was in shock i told him he was blessed he sd everyone tells him that and he wanted to know why GOD had saved him i told him so that he could tell his story.... this was a testimony. 9 times and your walking your talking and you look healthy thats a blessing. Here is the kicker he wasnt a gang banger he wasnt out selling drugs not that ...naw i did think that i'm not going to lie (my sin i had to pray on that one lol) but he said his childs mother did u hear me thats what he said his childs mother not baby mama .... set him up over a check , if this is not crazy the person that shot him is in prison and made a deal so that they can charge her....God is good .....i told this young man i would pray for him and that he made my day ....

Hi rhonda this is so sad that a young person maimed another. Yes, he was blessed. My elder neightbor always say that it just wasn't someone's time to go because there is something else here on earth for that person to do. Wholeheartedly I agree. All we can do is pray every day and count our blessings.Blue Angel

mjoyg1123's avatar - candle
                  NYC
                  United States
                  Member #119024
                  November 13, 2011
                  836 Posts
                  Posted: October 4, 2012, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

A word of advice: Do not try to predict God's actions. In my own life experiences, I learned that God is very offended if somebody try to predict his actions. Even a small anticipation will enrage him. So pray but don't try to think too much of the result.

gogidolim:

I will put this into practice, thanks

mjoyg

louisville,ky
                    United States
                    Member #72809
                    March 28, 2009
                    9872 Posts
                    Posted: October 5, 2012, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

1> God knows His childrens heart He knows what u need and the key word is need something we teach our own kids (i will provide u with what u need it might not always be what u want). 2. A anticipation and u wanting to win key word want ....anticpation is waiting or expecting ..... . last but not least this thread for prayer for meant to encourage to help to uplift those for those that have lost someone to tell their testimony here on lp we are suppose to be family yes by numbers but family prayers go along way and are answered no matter who u are or what religion . thanks for reading on to happier things u guys

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5184 Posts
                      Posted: October 5, 2012, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

He that maketh can taketh it AWAY>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!

It is better to give than RECEIVE   >>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!

"Finder's Keeper's      (Mel Fisher) >>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!

"Thank GOD for Todd"    (Psyko) >>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!

Let the G@@D  TIME'$$$$$$ "ROLL"

Blue AngelBig Grin AngelBlue Angel

Jack-in-the-Box

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: October 5, 2012, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!

luckyshoes's avatar - nw lady.jpg
                          Moving West
                          United States
                          Member #79502
                          September 2, 2009
                          6531 Posts
                          Posted: October 5, 2012, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

3 John 1:14

Romans 8 : 31

(to mom and dad)

Surely the most important news of any day ...

is that the sun has risen one more time. Sun Smiley

Robinhood's avatar - Robin
                            My Town
                            Bahamas
                            Member #128966
                            June 6, 2012
                            169 Posts
                            Posted: October 5, 2012, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Lord, in every need let me come to you with humble trust saying,Jesus help me. In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations Jesus help me.In hours of lonliness, weariness, and trials Jesus help me. In failure of my plans and hopes in dissappointments, trouble,sorrow. Jesus help me.when others fail me and your Grace alone can assit me Jesus help me.when I throw my self in your tender love as a Father and Savior help me. when my heart is cast down by failure at seeing no good come from my effort Jesus help me.when I feel Impatient and me cross Irriatates me Jesus help me.when I am ill and my head and hands cannot work,and i am lonely Jesus help me. Always Always in spite of weakness, falls, and short coming of Every Kind Jesus, help me And Never Forsake Me AMEN........ To ALL God Bless  Blue Angel TO RHONDA 69 i will keep u and you FAMILY IN PRAYER

Nice thread .... to which I'd like to add one of my favourite songs:

Our God is an AWESOME God

He reigns from Heaven above

With WISDOM, POWER and LOVE

Our God is an AWESOME God.

When He rolls up His sleeve

He ain't just putting on the Ritz....

There's thunder in His footsteps

and lightning in His fists.

And the Lord wasn't jokin'

When He kicked 'em out of Eden

It wasn't for NO REASON that

He shed his precious Blood

His RETURN is VERY CLOSE

so you'd better be believing that

our God is an AWESOME GOD!

And when the sky was starless

In the void of the night

He spoke into the DARKNESS

And He CREATED the L I G H T !!

JUDGEMENT and WRATH He poured

out on Sodom

MERCY and GRACE He gave us

at the CROSS

I hope that we have not

too quickly forgotten that

our God is an AWESOME God !!

Our God is an AWESOME God

He reigns from Heaven above

with WISDOM, POWER and LOVE

our God is an AWESOME GOD!!!!!!!

We all Luv to win ..... at least now 'n again!

Matt. 22: 21 -  Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's,

but unto the Heavenly Father, the things that are His.

sootie1835's avatar - spherewall
                              New York
                              United States
                              Member #108469
                              March 26, 2011
                              4011 Posts
                              Posted: October 6, 2012, 10:53 am - IP Logged

Thanks rhonda for this thread.  Just reading many post here gives me inspiration.

Blessings to everyoneBlue Angel