Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

State/s with no Pre tests

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1648 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2012, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

As Todd stated, all the states conduct pre and post tests to allegedly promote fairness, randomness, and to ensure that the machines are working properly. While this may be true, all those pre-tests can throw a wrench into specific types of systems depending on what the player is leaving out based on history, regularity, etc. It can hurt or help and you won't know until after the official draw.

Personally, I've won on pre-tests and then ended up losing on the actual draw. Of course, I didn't know this until after I investigated the pre-test results upon my loss.Mad When that happened, and I became more familiar with the procedures, I completely revamped my approach to accommodate certain variances. This was years ago.

The (3) most important things to remember are:

1) Anything can STILL happen.

2) Don't take anything for granted.

3)* What you're filtering out, or, leaving out is STILL IN THE BALL CONTAINMENT and fair game to be drawn due to pre-  tests. It's what they call random.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: September 16, 2012, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

As Todd stated, all the states conduct pre and post tests to allegedly promote fairness, randomness, and to ensure that the machines are working properly. While this may be true, all those pre-tests can throw a wrench into specific types of systems depending on what the player is leaving out based on history, regularity, etc. It can hurt or help and you won't know until after the official draw.

Personally, I've won on pre-tests and then ended up losing on the actual draw. Of course, I didn't know this until after I investigated the pre-test results upon my loss.Mad When that happened, and I became more familiar with the procedures, I completely revamped my approach to accommodate certain variances. This was years ago.

The (3) most important things to remember are:

1) Anything can STILL happen.

2) Don't take anything for granted.

3)* What you're filtering out, or, leaving out is STILL IN THE BALL CONTAINMENT and fair game to be drawn due to pre-  tests. It's what they call random.

L.L.

I concur.

I have my reservations about the true intent with pre-tests, and as Todd mentioned, and so did you, Post-tests. I wasn't even aware of post-tests. ha ha

Could they be conducting mid-in-between-tests between the pre and post tests?   How about mid-mid-opaque-freeze dried-Zambolies. what ever they are   ha ha

But yes, you have a firm grasp on the situation and i would whole heartedly agree.

Keep it coming, I like.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
      Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1648 Posts
      Posted: September 16, 2012, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

I concur.

I have my reservations about the true intent with pre-tests, and as Todd mentioned, and so did you, Post-tests. I wasn't even aware of post-tests. ha ha

Could they be conducting mid-in-between-tests between the pre and post tests?   How about mid-mid-opaque-freeze dried-Zambolies. what ever they are   ha ha

But yes, you have a firm grasp on the situation and i would whole heartedly agree.

Keep it coming, I like.

I'm pretty sure there's no tampering with the machines outside of the pre-tests, official draw, and post tests. Hell, they actually draw the balls up (5) times prior to an official draw so what's the purpose behind a post draw?What? If it doesn't happen within that many draws, it ain't gonna happen. Like you, I write 'em off as straight up BS because it just doesn't require all that to select (1) ball from (3) different containments...and they know it as well. My friends and I did a little experiment a while back which consisted of simply dropping a ball from three different cans, kinda like Pick 3, with no "pre-drops" involved. I had a theory based solely on dropping (1) ball (10) times to establish the following: repeatability, doubles, high/low percentages, all odd to all odd combo, all even to all even combo, and many, many more variances associated with Pick 3.

The results? Well, in my personal opinion and based on the data, the pre-tests have a very reasonable impact on even the above-average system (approach). See, in (10) draws, what is the possibilty of the same single digit being drawn twice? Just focus on (10) digits and (10) independent draws...no pre-draws. Now, the states conduct up to (5) pre-tests which causes at least (5) of those digits to already be "in circulation" while the other (5) are "reserves" so to speak. Now, what this means, to me at least, is that by the time the official draw is conducted 1/2 the numbers have already been selected in a single containment if there are no repeats.

So, either one of those digits will be drawn again from the same pool of pre-drawn (5), or, a "reserve" digit is drawn from the "reserve" pool of (5). Multiply this by (3) containments and you'll understand what the pre-tests really accomplish here. Don't try and cram all this in, okay. Let it just "ease" its' way in and holler back at me later with your thoughts.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living