Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 8:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Post Your New Florida $25 Dollar Ticket Rip Off

Topic closed. 61 replies. Last post 4 years ago by duckman.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Lottonovice's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #126497
April 11, 2012
1369 Posts
Posted: October 20, 2012, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

I am a small time player when it comes to scratch tickets. I msotly lurk and read.  But enjoy reading all your threads and news of your success.   I like to play numbers, but you ask for loser for the florida ann/25.00 edition, so decided to post my limited results.   I've bought seven of these tickets in last 3 days. Don't follow scratch tickets so much, so just spotted em the other day.  I bought from 4 places--one out of machine, and 3 in a set which were numbered 000, 001 and 002.   Tonite, I got the last one on a roll. and am down 175.00,= have won zip.  (this is why I do not play scratch ticketes=(.     

Can I ask, is it bad to buy last one on roll?  I bought two tonite, at same place that had two rolls going.  Clerk suggested I might not want to buy the one that was last one when I ask why she said cause some people do not like them???  I have read the beginning and ending are the best places to be at roll. Though I know some say the middle is good too.  So I figure its pot luck. LOL   

Happy scratching! =)

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3159 Posts
    Posted: October 20, 2012, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

I am a small time player when it comes to scratch tickets. I msotly lurk and read.  But enjoy reading all your threads and news of your success.   I like to play numbers, but you ask for loser for the florida ann/25.00 edition, so decided to post my limited results.   I've bought seven of these tickets in last 3 days. Don't follow scratch tickets so much, so just spotted em the other day.  I bought from 4 places--one out of machine, and 3 in a set which were numbered 000, 001 and 002.   Tonite, I got the last one on a roll. and am down 175.00,= have won zip.  (this is why I do not play scratch ticketes=(.     

Can I ask, is it bad to buy last one on roll?  I bought two tonite, at same place that had two rolls going.  Clerk suggested I might not want to buy the one that was last one when I ask why she said cause some people do not like them???  I have read the beginning and ending are the best places to be at roll. Though I know some say the middle is good too.  So I figure its pot luck. LOL   

Happy scratching! =)

I know of a few storys where the last ticket was a big one.

Lottonovice's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #126497
      April 11, 2012
      1369 Posts
      Posted: October 20, 2012, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

thanks for responding.  that's what I thought, so thought, ok my lucky day. =)  cause had never had a clerk try to deter me before.  As turned out was not, but that is ok.  always another day.   ok, please one more question.  is it ok/ ethical to ask what number a roll is on?

Litebets27's avatar - power
        Maryland
        United States
        Member #10465
        January 14, 2005
        6065 Posts
        Posted: October 20, 2012, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

thanks for responding.  that's what I thought, so thought, ok my lucky day. =)  cause had never had a clerk try to deter me before.  As turned out was not, but that is ok.  always another day.   ok, please one more question.  is it ok/ ethical to ask what number a roll is on?

I do ask all of the time. As long as there isn't a long line behind you. I also ask what the odds are on the new games when they first come out.

It's ok to ask because you're going to buy.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

NY
          United States
          Member #121961
          January 21, 2012
          3159 Posts
          Posted: October 22, 2012, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

Bought 6 in Bradenton and hit 50$,100$ & 200$. Wish i had more time to play.

Unless i read these two tics wrong i think the Fla lotto ripped me off for 80$. Won't do that again.

United States
            Member #118425
            October 30, 2011
            147 Posts
            Posted: October 22, 2012, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Unless i read these two tics wrong i think the Fla lotto ripped me off for 80$. Won't do that again.

You read them right it should be $300 they did rip you off by $80

SARASOTA, FL
              United States
              Member #95778
              August 17, 2010
              1110 Posts
              Posted: October 22, 2012, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

You read them right it should be $300 they did rip you off by $80

STANG - it sures looks like they kept $80 - I'm surprised you didn't catch that if you cashed them at the DO .......was it by mail ? I don't know what you can do about it - IF you had photo copies then I think  you would get the $80 ..... by letter etc .......but who makes photcopies of their tickets ...... anyway I was at Publix yesterday and saw an amazing thing happen - I was headed to the machine to buy just one or two $25M's when this real cute gal about 21 - walked up to buy - as the gentleman I am ? I let her go ahead of me- she bought one $25M from each bin. Total of two ...........I almost crapped in my pants - one was $200 and the other was $500 !!!!!!! saw it with my own eyes as she cashed them in ------ I would have had those two !! My luck with $25'M's was and is awful ....... but I figured what the hell I'll get one from each bin ........

wins: $10,000 Jubilee - $5,000 $200MS - 32 $1k's - 185 $500's - 5 $400's

" ... some days you're the bug - some days you're the windshield ..."

NY
                United States
                Member #121961
                January 21, 2012
                3159 Posts
                Posted: October 22, 2012, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

They mailed a check to me. I should call and give them the code #s at the bottom of the tics and say wtfff. Don't feel bad about the chick. I would of done it too.

Palm Beach Gardens
                  United States
                  Member #134285
                  October 24, 2012
                  2 Posts
                  Posted: October 24, 2012, 12:57 am - IP Logged

Hey Stang,  I've been only playing the 25 dollar millionaire and looking for input on ways everyone is doing it.  I have been pretty succesful thus far (knock on wood) and was considering buying a book.   I just signed up FYI so i am not sure if this post is correct or placed in the right area.  What i am looking for is to get any feedback or success stories on how to play these.   I can tell you today I been buying anything i can from 10 down to 000 which they do alot in my area and has been very good.   The other question I have is the codes.   I posted mine but really trying to see what codes mean etc..   Thanks!!!

Good Luck

The Scratchmaker!

$25 Florida Millionaire  -  $1,000.00 (1 time-Code FTW) $500.00 (4 times Code FHN) $400.00 (1 time Code FOH) 

$200.00 (4 Times (THN)

NY
                    United States
                    Member #121961
                    January 21, 2012
                    3159 Posts
                    Posted: October 24, 2012, 1:22 am - IP Logged

Hey Stang,  I've been only playing the 25 dollar millionaire and looking for input on ways everyone is doing it.  I have been pretty succesful thus far (knock on wood) and was considering buying a book.   I just signed up FYI so i am not sure if this post is correct or placed in the right area.  What i am looking for is to get any feedback or success stories on how to play these.   I can tell you today I been buying anything i can from 10 down to 000 which they do alot in my area and has been very good.   The other question I have is the codes.   I posted mine but really trying to see what codes mean etc..   Thanks!!!

Good Luck

Welcome. You need to ask the Florida crew about codes and suggestions.

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
                      Florida
                      United States
                      Member #104435
                      January 14, 2011
                      2244 Posts
                      Posted: October 24, 2012, 9:10 am - IP Logged

what thieves !!! but hey, thats nothing new to us Florida players LOL

Hope you get the rest of your money

2014 Highest Winner: $500

Miami, Florida
                        United States
                        Member #111795
                        June 2, 2011
                        581 Posts
                        Posted: October 24, 2012, 10:22 am - IP Logged

Good Luck

Kr122, I notice in your signature line that list the codes for some of your wins--are you sure that the $1,000 winner was TWN?  I've never known of that code at all, and all of the codes that end with the letter N are either a hundred (HUN) Two Hundred (THN) and Five Hundred (FHN)..usually the codes for a win of more than $500 are codes like CVW, or NVW, VTE, but I've never seen TWN....

Miami, Florida
                          United States
                          Member #111795
                          June 2, 2011
                          581 Posts
                          Posted: October 24, 2012, 10:23 am - IP Logged

Stang, have you followed up with them about this?  I think you said something about calling them and giving them the serial number from the tickets, etc....any luck with that? Can't believe they shorted you!!!

Palm Beach Gardens
                            United States
                            Member #134285
                            October 24, 2012
                            2 Posts
                            Posted: October 24, 2012, 11:00 am - IP Logged

I need to change it, sorry, I just looked at it, it s TFW  Here is the picture of it ...

I got two CVW's today and both losers... Thanks anymore input about the codes would be helpful

The Scratchmaker!

$25 Florida Millionaire  -  $1,000.00 (1 time-Code FTW) $500.00 (4 times Code FHN) $400.00 (1 time Code FOH) 

$200.00 (4 Times (THN)

Miami, Florida
                              United States
                              Member #111795
                              June 2, 2011
                              581 Posts
                              Posted: October 24, 2012, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

I need to change it, sorry, I just looked at it, it s TFW  Here is the picture of it ...

I got two CVW's today and both losers... Thanks anymore input about the codes would be helpful

Sweet hit!!!!!  By the way, I have never hit a grand. I've hit back-to-back $500's....literally back to back from different rolls....that's happened 3 times to me!! But I would love to hit that thousand in one ticket!!! 

Anyway, specifically about codes, I'll do my best to list them below. As you have experienced, the "losing" codes are also the same codes that appear on winning tickets of more than $500....basically, the "winning" codes usually make some sort of reasonable reference to the amount won.... TWY for twenty, TFV for Twenty-five, THY for thirty, FRY forty, FTY fifty, HUN hundred, THN, two hundred, FOH four hundred, FHN five hundred.....on the tickets that cost less than $20, you will find codes like FIV for five, TEN for ten, etc...I think ONE is one...haaha......but mainly when you see CVW or FTW, or VTE, or NVW, etc....those are losing codes. Otherwise, they mean that you've got yourself a grand or more!!! Congrats on your grand!!!!