Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 3:27 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Divisibility Question

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 4 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: October 9, 2012, 11:31 am - IP Logged

It looks like it took him 30 minutes to create it.

It took me about an hour and a half, but that's not the point. In this computer age I thought I could find an easier way.

I'm sure you use programs and wheel generators to make the job easier.

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: October 9, 2012, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

It took me about an hour and a half, but that's not the point. In this computer age I thought I could find an easier way.

I dont use programs but I do use wheel generators that LP provides.

AlgorithmGuru's avatar - avatar
      Pittsburgh, PA
      United States
      Member #130598
      July 20, 2012
      37 Posts
      Posted: October 10, 2012, 3:12 am - IP Logged

When I first saw your post I knew there is an easy way to write it, simply iteration in a program using a modulo operator.  I'm actually working on a quick solution to it.  Of course I see you've done it by hand now, I'll still finish the program though so that anybody can plug any number into it and find numbers in any range that are evenly divisble (modulo 0) by the starting number. 

I'd also like to add, and I mean no offense, but chill out a little.  Serge apparently likes getting under peoples skin, he's tried it with me before as well.  Try not to sweat the people who are negative or have nothing to contribute, you were right the first time - no reason to fuel the fire.  I hope everyone tries to stay civil, we all could learn something and there's always an easier way to do something.  Peace everyone.  :)

If it's not consistent, it's irrelevant :)

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: October 10, 2012, 7:17 am - IP Logged

When I first saw your post I knew there is an easy way to write it, simply iteration in a program using a modulo operator.  I'm actually working on a quick solution to it.  Of course I see you've done it by hand now, I'll still finish the program though so that anybody can plug any number into it and find numbers in any range that are evenly divisble (modulo 0) by the starting number. 

I'd also like to add, and I mean no offense, but chill out a little.  Serge apparently likes getting under peoples skin, he's tried it with me before as well.  Try not to sweat the people who are negative or have nothing to contribute, you were right the first time - no reason to fuel the fire.  I hope everyone tries to stay civil, we all could learn something and there's always an easier way to do something.  Peace everyone.  :)

I appreciate it. You see the bigger picture.

I know I may have gone overboard with Serge, and I did hold my temper in check like you said, but I can only take so many insults before i can't stand it anymore. I will not allow people to walk all over me especially when I did nothing to provoke it except for asking a simple question.

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: October 10, 2012, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Green laughThat fly must have had gilded wings.Green laugh

Pittsburgh, PA
            United States
            Member #130598
            July 20, 2012
            37 Posts
            Posted: October 23, 2012, 3:30 am - IP Logged

Green laughThat fly must have had gilded wings.Green laugh

I don't get it.  ? 

At any rate, following is a link if anyone wants to download the program I created that finds the solution(s) to the question "What numbers in the range of x to y does z divide evenly?"  I call it ModZero.  A simple program, mocked it up in my free time.  Any questions or concerns let me know.  I'll leave it up for a week or so before taking it down.  I'm working on building a website to host all my programs.  Probably take a while and they will be offered free when I post them, just as a heads up.  At any rate, here's the link.  Comments suggestions, critiques are always appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8NeGRdJIep1Y0I0cl90SHlKQ2M

lakerben's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
              New Mexico
              United States
              Member #86099
              January 29, 2010
              11166 Posts
              Posted: October 23, 2012, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

I don't get it.  ? 

At any rate, following is a link if anyone wants to download the program I created that finds the solution(s) to the question "What numbers in the range of x to y does z divide evenly?"  I call it ModZero.  A simple program, mocked it up in my free time.  Any questions or concerns let me know.  I'll leave it up for a week or so before taking it down.  I'm working on building a website to host all my programs.  Probably take a while and they will be offered free when I post them, just as a heads up.  At any rate, here's the link.  Comments suggestions, critiques are always appreciated.

Many thanks to  you and onlymoney.  This gives me a few new ideas for pick 3. 

Thumbs Up

US Flag

United States
                Member #128790
                June 2, 2012
                5431 Posts
                Posted: October 23, 2012, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

I don't get it.  ? 

Thanks for your work.

United States
                  Member #128790
                  June 2, 2012
                  5431 Posts
                  Posted: October 23, 2012, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

The download click produces nothing. I get "internet explore cannot display blah blah blah".  lol

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #86099
                    January 29, 2010
                    11166 Posts
                    Posted: October 23, 2012, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

The download click produces nothing. I get "internet explore cannot display blah blah blah".  lol

ditto.

US Flag

Pittsburgh, PA
                      United States
                      Member #130598
                      July 20, 2012
                      37 Posts
                      Posted: October 24, 2012, 1:19 am - IP Logged

Try that link.  Same link, if you click it and it doesn't work try copying and pasting.  I tried it twice, it worked for me.  Let me know if there is still difficulty with it.  Thanks.

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #86099
                        January 29, 2010
                        11166 Posts
                        Posted: October 24, 2012, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

US Flag

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #86099
                          January 29, 2010
                          11166 Posts
                          Posted: October 24, 2012, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Nice program.  I'm finding if you divide by the root or average of the last few roots you have some hits in the range set from 0 to 999.

US Flag

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: October 26, 2012, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Try that link.  Same link, if you click it and it doesn't work try copying and pasting.  I tried it twice, it worked for me.  Let me know if there is still difficulty with it.  Thanks.

Awesome !

Thanks, it works great.

United States
                              Member #128790
                              June 2, 2012
                              5431 Posts
                              Posted: October 26, 2012, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

If it's too much work don't bother, but I have one last request. Is there anyway to adjust it so I can copy and paste the results? It won't let me highlight so I can't copy. Thanks for all you've done.