Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 5:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Sandy

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 4 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: November 1, 2012, 11:19 am - IP Logged

Knowing Ronnie pretty well, he was simply interjecting some humor into his sincere response.

Kinda of like walking and chewing gum at the same time.

Your assumption of him being facetious remains incorrect, but at least you got the spelling down cold.  Thumbs Up

Thanks mcginnin56

I think she was being Dictionary.com - facetious
Merriam-Webster - facetious 

when she said that I was being Dictionary.com - facetious
Merriam-Webster - facetious

Understanding the mind of a brain washed (filtered) liberal if like working a jigsaw puzzle.

Quite time consuming and VERY unrewarding......... What?

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: November 1, 2012, 11:21 am - IP Logged

And still no results for the Jersey Cash 5 What?

Illinois
      United States
      Member #99771
      October 31, 2010
      1412 Posts
      Posted: November 1, 2012, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

Hope things are getting better out East. Not sure, but I think still alot of people without power.What I see on the New is just Awful. OneDay you have a house, and the next day you have nothing, so sad. Take Care All. Know That we are thinking, and praying for you all.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5142 Posts
        Posted: November 1, 2012, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

I wonder who gets LP if Todd doesnt make it??????What?

Todd is GOD^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Todd>>>>>of>>>>>>>course LoviesLoveLoverLoviesWhite BounceWhite BounceWhite BounceWhite BounceLoveLoviesLoverWhite BouncePartyBig Grin SantaRudolphBig Grin SantaBig Grin SantaRudolphBig Grin Santa>>>Merry XmasLoviesLovies

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
          Member #1987
          August 5, 2003
          8968 Posts
          Posted: November 1, 2012, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

I pray that Todd, his family & friends are safe after going through Sandy.

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: November 2, 2012, 7:00 am - IP Logged

And still no results for the Jersey Cash 5 What?

All results have been posted, Sandy was no match for Jersey Cash 5, you may breathe a deep sigh of relief now.  Blush

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23345 Posts
              Posted: November 2, 2012, 10:02 am - IP Logged

I pray that Todd, his family & friends are safe after going through Sandy.

Thank you Laverne.  I just got power back last night, so thankfully the generator is no longer necessary.  I'm still working on a backup Internet connection though, as my primary internet connection is still offline.

Hurricane Sandy did not have the torrential downpours of rain that other storms have had, so water was not an issue for me.  Water was a problem mainly for people who live close to the ocean or a large body of water or river.  It was the storm surge -- the water being pushed into a wall by the strong winds -- that was the problem, moreso than heavy rain.

There are still hundreds of thousands of people and businesses with no power, and there are mile-long lines of cars to get gas.  It reminds me of the gas shortages of the 1970s, when gas stations had red and green flags indicating if you were able to get gas that day, and you could only get gas on days that were determined by whether your license plate ended with an odd or even number.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Illinois
                United States
                Member #99771
                October 31, 2010
                1412 Posts
                Posted: November 2, 2012, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Todd, happy to hear your ok. Sounds like a lot of people still with out a lot of there every day needs. Praying that wont last much longer.

Illinois
                  United States
                  Member #99771
                  October 31, 2010
                  1412 Posts
                  Posted: November 2, 2012, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone heard from mjwinsmith? Is he ok?

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                    United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3857 Posts
                    Posted: November 2, 2012, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

They got hammered big time by Sandy. 2.33 million homes without power. Atlantic City is under water, as is 

Long Beach Island. Someone on the Weather Channel commented, "Sandy was New Jersey's Katrina," they are right.  I know

the area. Haymaker is from right near there. Let's all hope he's okay.

grwurston,

Thanks for thinking of me,

I've been very lucky.

My situation is best described as inconveience, missed work days, power out, mess to clean up, etc.

I think the storm passed closed to you too, so I hope you were lucky as well.

After I got power back I seen on TV that many had problems that made mine seem like nothing,

L.B.I. was worse off and further north, seaside heights may have talking a real beating, time will tell.

on a lighter note, b/c of the the storm, I bought my weekly JC5 a couple days early, which caused a overlap in tix,

and lo & behold, I got 4/5 on the day they overlap, woulda been kickin myself hard if i'did'nt

I guess that means I'm hardcore.  LOL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

grwurston's avatar - 144
                      Let's Go Rangers!!!
                      bel air maryland
                      United States
                      Member #90251
                      April 24, 2010
                      5093 Posts
                      Posted: November 2, 2012, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

grwurston,

Thanks for thinking of me,

I've been very lucky.

My situation is best described as inconveience, missed work days, power out, mess to clean up, etc.

I think the storm passed closed to you too, so I hope you were lucky as well.

After I got power back I seen on TV that many had problems that made mine seem like nothing,

L.B.I. was worse off and further north, seaside heights may have talking a real beating, time will tell.

on a lighter note, b/c of the the storm, I bought my weekly JC5 a couple days early, which caused a overlap in tix,

and lo & behold, I got 4/5 on the day they overlap, woulda been kickin myself hard if i'did'nt

I guess that means I'm hardcore.  LOL

Haymaker,

Glad to hear your ok. I have some very close friends in West Creek that got hit hard. They live on a canal and their homes

are elevated (on pilings). Everything under their homes is gone. Freezers, hot water heaters, garages, you name it. One

friend found their 26 foot boat 1/2 mile away in the woods. They took it out of the water Saturday.

I lost power for 24 hrs. but I'm inland. Ocean City and the Eastern shore got hit pretty good. Glad to hear you won some $$$.

Fate works in mysterious ways doesn't it. LOL

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23345 Posts
                        Posted: November 2, 2012, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Laverne.  I just got power back last night, so thankfully the generator is no longer necessary.  I'm still working on a backup Internet connection though, as my primary internet connection is still offline.

Hurricane Sandy did not have the torrential downpours of rain that other storms have had, so water was not an issue for me.  Water was a problem mainly for people who live close to the ocean or a large body of water or river.  It was the storm surge -- the water being pushed into a wall by the strong winds -- that was the problem, moreso than heavy rain.

There are still hundreds of thousands of people and businesses with no power, and there are mile-long lines of cars to get gas.  It reminds me of the gas shortages of the 1970s, when gas stations had red and green flags indicating if you were able to get gas that day, and you could only get gas on days that were determined by whether your license plate ended with an odd or even number.

Oh my gosh, I guess I was right.  Check out this story, paying particular attention to the odd/even license plate gas rationing!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/11/02/christie-shoreline-destruction-heartbreaking-for-every-new-jerseyan/

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: November 2, 2012, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Oh my gosh, I guess I was right.  Check out this story, paying particular attention to the odd/even license plate gas rationing!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/11/02/christie-shoreline-destruction-heartbreaking-for-every-new-jerseyan/

Yeah, I remember those bad old days when our Saudi friends shut off the oil. Gasoline used to be reasonably priced before that happened.

But it hasn't been since.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                            NY
                            United States
                            Member #121961
                            January 21, 2012
                            3159 Posts
                            Posted: November 3, 2012, 1:09 am - IP Logged

Maybe i missed it, but i have'nt heard of any countries offering aid.

United States
                              Member #111442
                              May 25, 2011
                              6323 Posts
                              Posted: November 3, 2012, 3:42 am - IP Logged

Maybe i missed it, but i have'nt heard of any countries offering aid.

Jester Laugh  That'll be the day!