Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If You Had $10 Remaining.

Topic closed. 133 replies. Last post 4 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 1 of 9
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: November 2, 2012, 5:31 am - IP Logged

You've been out of work for awhile, your unemployment checks have run out, your family is counting on you for a hot meal and roof over their head.

The honeymoon is over, you have only $10 remaining to spend on something.

Sure you could pick up a gallon of milk, bread, eggs and some coffee......that might last a day or two.

Or you could consider a Hail Mary, and invest in some Powerball, Mega Million or scratch tickets?    Blue Angel

God does answer prayers, miracles happen all the time.......what would you do?   Roll Eyes

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: November 2, 2012, 7:02 am - IP Logged

I would pick up five Powerball QP's and live happily ever after!  Lovies

kyokushin187's avatar - evildead2
      cornwall,ct
      United States
      Member #102636
      December 23, 2010
      245 Posts
      Posted: November 2, 2012, 7:52 am - IP Logged

Myself. 3 classic lotto.2 pb.3 mm

Kyokushin karate a.k.a.

" The strongest Karate"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19821 Posts
        Posted: November 2, 2012, 8:19 am - IP Logged

You've been out of work for awhile, your unemployment checks have run out, your family is counting on you for a hot meal and roof over their head.

Sure you could pick up a gallon of milk, bread, eggs and some coffee......that might last a day or two.

Or you could consider a Hail Mary, and invest in some Powerball, Mega Million or scratch tickets?    Blue Angel

God does answer prayers, miracles happen all the time.......what would you do?   Roll Eyes

God may answer prayers but I didn't see anything about praying in either choice.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

East of Columbus, OH
          United States
          Member #120843
          December 28, 2011
          447 Posts
          Posted: November 2, 2012, 8:37 am - IP Logged

I doubt I would spend the money on lottery.  As much as I would like to win, taking care of my family would be more important.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: November 2, 2012, 8:47 am - IP Logged

God may answer prayers but I didn't see anything about praying in either choice.

That would have to be a personal choice, God cannot force anyone to pray.

He gave us free will.

Texas
              United States
              Member #132455
              September 4, 2012
              483 Posts
              Posted: November 2, 2012, 8:49 am - IP Logged

I know this sounds crazy, but I'll choose the PB or MM.  Then, if it doesn't take me any million, I'll go for a bank and borrow money...

happygirl665's avatar - hi
                Spotsylvania, Virginia
                United States
                Member #113688
                July 14, 2011
                24339 Posts
                Posted: November 2, 2012, 9:04 am - IP Logged

I would spend two on a quick pick and the rest for food.. No sense in losing all my money and coming home with nothing to show for my ten dollars. I do believe in miracles but I also know that not everyone will win millions either, so be wise about your spending and use your voice of reasoning. Wink

Who say's I'm broke? Are you kidding me, I am just waiting on my millions!Dance

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                  Member #133462
                  September 30, 2012
                  5946 Posts
                  Posted: November 2, 2012, 9:10 am - IP Logged

The gambler's version of Jack and the beanstalk

"Everything works  ONCE!"

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: November 2, 2012, 9:10 am - IP Logged

Myself. 3 classic lotto.2 pb.3 mm

Good mix of tickets, sounds like a winning combination.  Thumbs Up

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19821 Posts
                      Posted: November 2, 2012, 9:14 am - IP Logged

That would have to be a personal choice, God cannot force anyone to pray.

He gave us free will.

Were you suggesting God answer prayers never prayed?   That's an interesting concept.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: November 2, 2012, 9:17 am - IP Logged

Were you suggesting God answer prayers never prayed?   That's an interesting concept.

I guess you never read my reply to your last post.

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: November 2, 2012, 9:25 am - IP Logged

I would spend two on a quick pick and the rest for food.. No sense in losing all my money and coming home with nothing to show for my ten dollars. I do believe in miracles but I also know that not everyone will win millions either, so be wise about your spending and use your voice of reasoning. Wink

A very thoughtful way to spend a limited amount of money.

You show good judgement and prudence happygirl!  Embarassed

United States
                            Member #130815
                            July 25, 2012
                            1636 Posts
                            Posted: November 2, 2012, 9:29 am - IP Logged

Shoot a 12pk of ramen is 2.24 at Wal-mart....get two......and since mm is $1 whereas pb is $2 I'd get at least 2 qp for mm

United States
                              Member #111442
                              May 25, 2011
                              6323 Posts
                              Posted: November 2, 2012, 9:31 am - IP Logged

Shoot a 12pk of ramen is 2.24 at Wal-mart....get two......and since mm is $1 whereas pb is $2 I'd get at least 2 qp for mm

Can't go wrong with the Ramen! Yum Yum.    Cheers