Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I can predict one number for sure in a random game

Topic closed. 88 replies. Last post 4 years ago by theo1946.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19817 Posts
Posted: November 25, 2012, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

I'm looking for strategies that should get a better return on the secondary prizes that greatly reduces the cost of play and still have the potential of winning the jackpot. So it's a nice tool for analysing playing strategies for regular play.

Other LP members are looking for similar  strategies and I got a feeling if any of them ever find one they'll keep it to themselves.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: November 25, 2012, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

Other LP members are looking for similar  strategies and I got a feeling if any of them ever find one they'll keep it to themselves.

No need to keep it to ourselves because no one you be willing to duplicate the expense of playing the lines.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19817 Posts
      Posted: November 25, 2012, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

No need to keep it to ourselves because no one you be willing to duplicate the expense of playing the lines.

I know I wouldn't if it cost most than $20.  On second thought I might go as high as $40.

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: November 25, 2012, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

I know I wouldn't if it cost most than $20.  On second thought I might go as high as $40.

It was proven that it can be done playing $5000. per draw but I need a 5+0 before I can start playing it.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19817 Posts
          Posted: November 26, 2012, 11:49 am - IP Logged

It was proven that it can be done playing $5000. per draw but I need a 5+0 before I can start playing it.

Jackpots have been won with a single QP too but what does that prove?

Evil Looking       

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
            Economy class
            Belgium
            Member #123700
            February 27, 2012
            4035 Posts
            Posted: November 26, 2012, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

Well if I take All Or Nothing as game to play, I am sure that avg I hit more than 1 of 5.
            This thread is Spam.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7297 Posts
              Posted: November 26, 2012, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

Well if I take All Or Nothing as game to play, I am sure that avg I hit more than 1 of 5.
              This thread is Spam.

Probably mathematically closer to 25% by placing all the numbers into four groups of six and combining each group. An easy way for someone to pad their hit ratio percentages too. I'm experimenting with combining six groups of four numbers any maybe up my prize ratio percentages.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7297 Posts
                Posted: November 26, 2012, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

The cost of play I'm talking about greatly reducing isn't 10 or 20 MM or PB QPs. It looks like most of LP's members are only looking at ways to pick numbers with no regards of how to play them and get a better return without hitting the jackpot.

Economy class
                  Belgium
                  Member #123700
                  February 27, 2012
                  4035 Posts
                  Posted: November 27, 2012, 6:42 am - IP Logged

Probably mathematically closer to 25% by placing all the numbers into four groups of six and combining each group. An easy way for someone to pad their hit ratio percentages too. I'm experimenting with combining six groups of four numbers any maybe up my prize ratio percentages.

Mathematically speaking I would hit 50% average, not 25% average with All or nothing. When I include my experience in picking numbers, I will hit more than 50% average with 5 numbers for this game.

For yourself and scientistman you didn't declare your game. Spam

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                    adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    3300 Posts
                    Posted: November 27, 2012, 9:54 am - IP Logged

ok any random number, pick 1 of the 1st 10 in 1 to 1 billion then go here

http://www.random.org/integers/?num=10&min=1&max=1000000000&col=1&base=10&format=html&rnd=new

see if you are correct

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7297 Posts
                      Posted: November 27, 2012, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

Mathematically speaking I would hit 50% average, not 25% average with All or nothing. When I include my experience in picking numbers, I will hit more than 50% average with 5 numbers for this game.

For yourself and scientistman you didn't declare your game. Spam

The Predictions hit ratio is the number of predictions compared to the number of winning tickets. On Monday's All or Nothing day drawing I had 10 winning tickets out of 20 predictions. Using six groups of four numbers, the only way I could get zero hits is if each of the groups matched 2 numbers. This strategy doubles all the wins because if I match 10 numbers on one ticket, I'll match 2 numbers on another. I'll get a 100% hit ratio if three of the groups match 4 numbers with one ticket having a 12 number match and one having zero matches. The other 18 tickets will match either 8 numbers or 4 numbers.

"For yourself and scientistman you didn't declare your game."

I'm assuming scientistman was talking about pick-3 or pick-4 because mathematically there is no five number group where one of those numbers is in 95% of the drawings in any lotto type or bonus number games. I was talking about games like All or Nothing, some of the keno type games, or 5/39 pick-5 games where strategies can greatly reduce the cost of play by consistently generating smaller wins trying to win the jackpot. I'm testing All or Nothing strategies on the Prediction board and using that program to evaluate the results.

Matching 5, 6, or 7 numbers on All or Nothing pays nothing so the hits I'm talking about are matching 0 to 4 and 8 to 12 numbers.

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7297 Posts
                        Posted: November 27, 2012, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

That's a problem Ronnie, because we'll find very few LP members interesting in creating a sound strategy at $100 a drawing. You saw the results of the 2 if 2 wheels and not enough coverage to make a dent in the cost of play in MM.

Economy class
                          Belgium
                          Member #123700
                          February 27, 2012
                          4035 Posts
                          Posted: November 27, 2012, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

The Predictions hit ratio is the number of predictions compared to the number of winning tickets. On Monday's All or Nothing day drawing I had 10 winning tickets out of 20 predictions. Using six groups of four numbers, the only way I could get zero hits is if each of the groups matched 2 numbers. This strategy doubles all the wins because if I match 10 numbers on one ticket, I'll match 2 numbers on another. I'll get a 100% hit ratio if three of the groups match 4 numbers with one ticket having a 12 number match and one having zero matches. The other 18 tickets will match either 8 numbers or 4 numbers.

"For yourself and scientistman you didn't declare your game."

I'm assuming scientistman was talking about pick-3 or pick-4 because mathematically there is no five number group where one of those numbers is in 95% of the drawings in any lotto type or bonus number games. I was talking about games like All or Nothing, some of the keno type games, or 5/39 pick-5 games where strategies can greatly reduce the cost of play by consistently generating smaller wins trying to win the jackpot. I'm testing All or Nothing strategies on the Prediction board and using that program to evaluate the results.

Matching 5, 6, or 7 numbers on All or Nothing pays nothing so the hits I'm talking about are matching 0 to 4 and 8 to 12 numbers.

I rarely aim for 0/12 and mostly pick to win by hits. I had several 10/12 so far, that explains my price ratio. If I wanted to, I could raise my hit ratio drastically. As I don't live or play in the USA, I am not to motivated to pick the best combinations by analysing for two hours.

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7297 Posts
                            Posted: November 27, 2012, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

I rarely aim for 0/12 and mostly pick to win by hits. I had several 10/12 so far, that explains my price ratio. If I wanted to, I could raise my hit ratio drastically. As I don't live or play in the USA, I am not to motivated to pick the best combinations by analysing for two hours.

Not really much to analyse and only takes a second to check my prediction statistics. I'm using all 24 numbers and placing them randomly into six groups of four. My prize ratio is going up and my hit ratio is about the same. We're running 1 and 2 on the lifetime hit ratio and 2 and 3 in the last 30 days.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #135615
                              November 27, 2012
                              405 Posts
                              Posted: November 27, 2012, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

I'm going to have to agree with you on that. Someone who makes such a post and then doesn't post any substance (or anything for that matter). It does seem to smell like spam.