Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anyone really play Lottery as their day job

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 4 years ago by maringoman.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
OHIO
United States
Member #5328
June 30, 2004
1284 Posts
Posted: November 25, 2012, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

That's exactly what everyone here is trying to do. Win enough $$$  REGULARLY  so we don't have to work anymore.

Is there a system that can let you do that? If someone has one, they ain't telling. All you have to do is figure out how

to hit a $2.00 box, 5 out of 14 drawings a week in the pick 3. That will put $800 a week in your pocket. Sounds easy right?

It's not.

this is what I am trying to fiqure out  winning 40-50% of the time.

have a great winning day!

Jack-C's avatar - us
    San Diego, CA
    United States
    Member #61467
    May 24, 2008
    28146 Posts
    Posted: November 25, 2012, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

Just curious with all the people here that seem to have keys to winning. Does anyone really ply for a living...

When it was legal to play online, I made some pretty good money.  Now that I can only play California, I make (profit) between $300 - $500 a month tax free.  Couldn't do it as a full-time job, but it helps.  I am very anxious to be able to legally play online again.  Doesn't look like congress is in a hurry to pass any reform of the online gambling regulations that went into effect a few years ago. 

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
      Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1649 Posts
      Posted: November 25, 2012, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

Then what's the point? Only clearing expenses without profit is a waste of time, no? Or did I miss something? Why is money profit secondary? Isn't that the objective? 

onlymoney, when playing the Pick 3/4 games, you must FIRST spend your own money in order to play the state(s) you desire according to your system. Correct? Okay. Now, before you can actually MAKE MONEY, the INITIAL COST to play must absolutely be RECOVERED in full before you can realize ANY PROFIT....just like any business. Therefore, the PROFIT will ALWAYS be SECONDARY. The reason I said "at the minimum" is because it'll depend on what the player is doing in terms of cost and states which dictates only recovery, and, recovery+profit. It's very complex...to say the least.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1649 Posts
        Posted: November 25, 2012, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

"...seriously. It's not to be taken for granted, but rather appreciated when you can generate disposable income outside of everything else...LEGALLY.

Are saying there was a point and time in your life when you didn't generate income legally?  Green laughROFL

I'll buy that for a dollar. I meant that in terms of like selling drugs, bank robbery, embezzlement, stealing interest like some bank workers do, etc. Playing lotto online is completely different. I like your sense of humor, too.LOL

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1649 Posts
          Posted: November 25, 2012, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

this is what I am trying to fiqure out  winning 40-50% of the time.

I really dig your signature at the bottom...it's so true.

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1649 Posts
            Posted: November 25, 2012, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

When it was legal to play online, I made some pretty good money.  Now that I can only play California, I make (profit) between $300 - $500 a month tax free.  Couldn't do it as a full-time job, but it helps.  I am very anxious to be able to legally play online again.  Doesn't look like congress is in a hurry to pass any reform of the online gambling regulations that went into effect a few years ago. 

Just read your link as well...and I really like it. So many amazing people here.Smile

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

United States
              Member #128790
              June 2, 2012
              5431 Posts
              Posted: November 25, 2012, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

onlymoney, when playing the Pick 3/4 games, you must FIRST spend your own money in order to play the state(s) you desire according to your system. Correct? Okay. Now, before you can actually MAKE MONEY, the INITIAL COST to play must absolutely be RECOVERED in full before you can realize ANY PROFIT....just like any business. Therefore, the PROFIT will ALWAYS be SECONDARY. The reason I said "at the minimum" is because it'll depend on what the player is doing in terms of cost and states which dictates only recovery, and, recovery+profit. It's very complex...to say the least.

L.L.

I always thought it was best to get to the bottom line. Don't beat around the bush and just get to the point.

Can you show your win/loss ratios?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19828 Posts
                Posted: November 25, 2012, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

If and when it's legal to play on line again, all your winnings will be taxable, not just the amounts over $600 that the states send out W-G's for.  It was never legal not to pay taxes on lottery winnings even when players got away with it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Texas
                  United States
                  Member #86154
                  January 30, 2010
                  1649 Posts
                  Posted: November 25, 2012, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

I always thought it was best to get to the bottom line. Don't beat around the bush and just get to the point.

Can you show your win/loss ratios?

No, I cannot afford to do that...honestly. Obama refused to disclose his birth certificate and college records while Romney refused to disclose the most important tax records. Therefore, I refuse to disclose my payout history. Please don't be angry with me because it's only business. Do I pay taxes on my wins? Absolutely.

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: November 25, 2012, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

If and when it's legal to play on line again, all your winnings will be taxable, not just the amounts over $600 that the states send out W-G's for.  It was never legal not to pay taxes on lottery winnings even when players got away with it.

Very true. The misconception has been around for a long time now. You are still accountable for taxes paid for a 599.00 win or under. Any income is taxable.

United States
                      Member #128790
                      June 2, 2012
                      5431 Posts
                      Posted: November 25, 2012, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

No, I cannot afford to do that...honestly. Obama refused to disclose his birth certificate and college records while Romney refused to disclose the most important tax records. Therefore, I refuse to disclose my payout history. Please don't be angry with me because it's only business. Do I pay taxes on my wins? Absolutely.

L.L.

Ok, but now i only have the option to take your word for it. I'm not angry with you, I just like to see some proof so I can do it for myself.  lol    Green laugh

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1649 Posts
                        Posted: November 25, 2012, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

If this is the case, then get ready for ANY winnings STATESIDE to be taxed as well. Picture that...going to the store to cash in a lotto ticket worth $40 when it costed you a total of $60 to even play. You'd be spending money to play, AND, to pay pay taxes on your losses. Really? C'mon now RJOh...I think you know better than that...you're way smarter than that. As it stands, anything over $600 must be claimed at the main office where they take the taxes anyway. I could be wrong...haven't played state in many years...

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

United States
                          Member #128790
                          June 2, 2012
                          5431 Posts
                          Posted: November 25, 2012, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

If this is the case, then get ready for ANY winnings STATESIDE to be taxed as well. Picture that...going to the store to cash in a lotto ticket worth $40 when it costed you a total of $60 to even play. You'd be spending money to play, AND, to pay pay taxes on your losses. Really? C'mon now RJOh...I think you know better than that...you're way smarter than that. As it stands, anything over $600 must be claimed at the main office where they take the taxes anyway. I could be wrong...haven't played state in many years...

L.L.

The 599 dollar rule was in place for one reason. The IRS has neither the money, time and staff to enforce every single person who is a tax evader, especially if the person they audit shows a profit/loss profile, meaning worth the time, money and staff required, so they only go after the big guys.

United States
                            Member #132291
                            August 31, 2012
                            20 Posts
                            Posted: November 25, 2012, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

well my goal is to figure out how the lottery works well enough to generate regular part time income, but so far I have not been successful in doing so.

United States
                              Member #128790
                              June 2, 2012
                              5431 Posts
                              Posted: November 25, 2012, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

well my goal is to figure out how the lottery works well enough to generate regular part time income, but so far I have not been successful in doing so.

Join the club. Lots of talk, but nothing viable. There's always a reason why they can't prove their claims. One crazy reason after another.