Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 2:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anyone really play Lottery as their day job

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 4 years ago by maringoman.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: November 25, 2012, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

What the heck? What happened to luckybamboo? He doesn't have a neck !

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
    Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1649 Posts
    Posted: November 25, 2012, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Ok, but now i only have the option to take your word for it. I'm not angry with you, I just like to see some proof so I can do it for myself.  lol    Green laugh

I may be inclined to share a few strategies at some point in the very near future. Lotto isn't a get rich quick deal, okay, it's mainly to help generate some money for things NEEDED. WANTS are last on my list, and, although I work a very good full time job, pay taxes, not on food stamps, served my country, and make extra money online to help myself, I'm still included in that 47% according to Romney.

The truth of the matter is that if ANYONE isn't making $250,000.01, he puts them in that same 47%...(R) or (D)....and the silly (R) here can't even see it.

Sorry, I had to go there...

L.L. 

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1649 Posts
      Posted: November 25, 2012, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

The 599 dollar rule was in place for one reason. The IRS has neither the money, time and staff to enforce every single person who is a tax evader, especially if the person they audit shows a profit/loss profile, meaning worth the time, money and staff required, so they only go after the big guys.

You, sir, have hit the nail on the head with a SLEDGEHAMMER! What we consider pennies is completely different than what the IRS considers pennies. They are looking at the Poker and Black Jack winners that are moving hundreds of thousands of dollars...and not paying taxes on that. Your post is GOLDEN.

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

Jack-C's avatar - us
        San Diego, CA
        United States
        Member #61467
        May 24, 2008
        28146 Posts
        Posted: November 27, 2012, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

If and when it's legal to play on line again, all your winnings will be taxable, not just the amounts over $600 that the states send out W-G's for.  It was never legal not to pay taxes on lottery winnings even when players got away with it.

Exactly right.  I did pay taxes on my winnings (minus loses).  I should have used the words tax deferred.  I found out here in California winning $600 or more means that you have to go to the Lottery Office, fill out paperwork, and wait for the check to be sent to you.  The way I play now, I never have a ticket that is worth $600 or more, so the tax is deferred and I collect the next day.  Also, tithing on the gross winnings is a must for me.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: November 30, 2012, 1:48 am - IP Logged

I may be inclined to share a few strategies at some point in the very near future. Lotto isn't a get rich quick deal, okay, it's mainly to help generate some money for things NEEDED. WANTS are last on my list, and, although I work a very good full time job, pay taxes, not on food stamps, served my country, and make extra money online to help myself, I'm still included in that 47% according to Romney.

The truth of the matter is that if ANYONE isn't making $250,000.01, he puts them in that same 47%...(R) or (D)....and the silly (R) here can't even see it.

Sorry, I had to go there...

L.L. 

"I may be inclined to share a few strategies at some point in the very near future."

LMAO!

You're the biggest phony on this site.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #74096
            May 2, 2009
            22968 Posts
            Posted: November 30, 2012, 2:31 am - IP Logged

"I may be inclined to share a few strategies at some point in the very near future."

LMAO!

Back. With Style. Good to see you rdgrnr..Party

Don't you know you can't take a break for more than 2 hours before people start missing you?

The place is well rounded again. It was getting a bit jagged around the edges. Thank you!

Big Smile

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: November 30, 2012, 3:34 am - IP Logged

Back. With Style. Good to see you rdgrnr..Party

Don't you know you can't take a break for more than 2 hours before people start missing you?

The place is well rounded again. It was getting a bit jagged around the edges. Thank you!

Big Smile

Well, thank you dr65, I appreciate it, good to see you too!

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: November 30, 2012, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Just curious with all the people here that seem to have keys to winning. Does anyone really ply for a living...

The only way I'd do that is if I already WON a big jackpot.....like maybe the 40 million base jackpot in PB.....I'd go in a store and just buy all the $20 scratch-offs they got....I'd love to be able to do stuff like that....maybe give the winners to unsuspecting people....or even just anybody on the street in general....LOL

Kola's avatar - image
                  Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                  Member #28945
                  December 25, 2005
                  1528 Posts
                  Posted: November 30, 2012, 10:20 am - IP Logged

That's exactly what everyone here is trying to do. Win enough $$$  REGULARLY  so we don't have to work anymore.

Is there a system that can let you do that? If someone has one, they ain't telling. All you have to do is figure out how

to hit a $2.00 box, 5 out of 14 drawings a week in the pick 3. That will put $800 a week in your pocket. Sounds easy right?

It's not.

As far as it not being easy, every time at look at the Predictions page for the ''lowly'' Pick 3, I'm constantly humbled by the very thin list of people whose winnings have kept ahead of their wagers over a 30 day period, and over the lifetime of the LP; And even that list is often temporary. The few who can consistently stay ahead is a great reminder that we can all do better, so while it may not be 'easy' for any of us, persistence helps to make it 'easier' than it ever was, and that's a good sign...

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19895 Posts
                    Posted: November 30, 2012, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Just curious with all the people here that seem to have keys to winning. Does anyone really ply for a living...

i say NO or they wouldnt be on here, i think some are just on LP to Sell Something. Yes Nod

Thats how they are trying to make a living LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

Jack-C's avatar - us
                      San Diego, CA
                      United States
                      Member #61467
                      May 24, 2008
                      28146 Posts
                      Posted: November 30, 2012, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

As far as it not being easy, every time at look at the Predictions page for the ''lowly'' Pick 3, I'm constantly humbled by the very thin list of people whose winnings have kept ahead of their wagers over a 30 day period, and over the lifetime of the LP; And even that list is often temporary. The few who can consistently stay ahead is a great reminder that we can all do better, so while it may not be 'easy' for any of us, persistence helps to make it 'easier' than it ever was, and that's a good sign...

Very well said!

Original Bey's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

Bahamas
                        Member #133462
                        September 30, 2012
                        5946 Posts
                        Posted: November 30, 2012, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

It's a day job until I win big and no longer need a job ! Green laugh

"Everything works  ONCE!"

u$a
                          United States
                          Member #106665
                          February 22, 2011
                          19895 Posts
                          Posted: November 30, 2012, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Predictions page is just that, there is no proof they are truely playing all the numbers they post.

anyone can keep posting 50+numbers in all states and i'm pretty sure there will be hits.LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

Texas
                            United States
                            Member #86154
                            January 30, 2010
                            1649 Posts
                            Posted: December 1, 2012, 9:38 am - IP Logged

LMAO!

Okay, and what makes you feel this way? It's an honest question that needs an answer. You're pretty good at providing evidence and breaking things down so take your best shot here ans show everyone where and how I'm such a phony. Be sure to provide all the numbers and links so they can check as well. This oughta be good...

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011
                              19895 Posts
                              Posted: December 1, 2012, 10:03 am - IP Logged

What the heck? What happened to luckybamboo? He doesn't have a neck !

Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman