Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

To Define a Great System

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 4 years ago by chrissy16.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How many hits on average?

2 [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
4 [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
5 [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
7 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
8 [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
9 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
10 [ 5 ]  [41.67%]
11 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
12 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
15+ [ 3 ]  [25.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 12 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #129868
June 30, 2012
2454 Posts
Posted: November 30, 2012, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

LP need your help.  I am trying to figure out the consensus amongst Pick 4 players in how they would define a Pick 4 system based on hits produced.

So, my question goes a little like this, regardless of amounts wagered, (meaning don't factor in cost) how many hits will it take for you in a given month for you to define a system as good?.

A simple vote should suffice.

Thanks in advance.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: November 30, 2012, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

If I won a Pick4 Str8 once in my life I'd be happy as a fat rat in a cheese house.

WaLottoDude's avatar - 8ball
      Snohomish, WA
      United States
      Member #135234
      November 19, 2012
      29 Posts
      Posted: November 30, 2012, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

I'm pretty sure to develop a system you don't need to spend any money. Just make your choices and see what the outcomes are every drawing. Only when you're confident should money be involved... Or feel like gambling Jester

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
        Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1649 Posts
        Posted: December 1, 2012, 9:31 am - IP Logged

LP need your help.  I am trying to figure out the consensus amongst Pick 4 players in how they would define a Pick 4 system based on hits produced.

So, my question goes a little like this, regardless of amounts wagered, (meaning don't factor in cost) how many hits will it take for you in a given month for you to define a system as good?.

Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, this is a very complex question to answer without factoring in cost. Total number combinations and money go hand in hand...and ultimately determine just how efficient a system is. Those two, along with optimized timing and available opportunities, will produce more wins and should keep you in the green. Personally, I rate my system efficiency on a weekly basis.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

bobby623's avatar - abstract
          San Angelo, Texas
          United States
          Member #1097
          January 31, 2003
          1394 Posts
          Posted: December 1, 2012, 10:43 am - IP Logged

Your poll should be in two parts, prediction system and personal workout, or something similar.
          I have a personal workout. I recently won $2700 with a straight combination that I constructed using tracking data generated using
          game history.

I've missed winning straights twice because I was cheap and played Box.
          I've won $100 several times past year.
          So, I say my methods are superior because I'm winning - not every draw, but often enough to make the
          work worthwhile.

I've been an LP member for long time.
          I have no immediate memory of anyone detailing a 'prediction' system that actually works in the state where
          it is played.
          I'm not considering systems that are played (on paper) in every state where not winning something somewhere
          would be odd.

Good luck!
          Bobby623

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: December 1, 2012, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

In my opinion, this is a very complex question to answer without factoring in cost. Total number combinations and money go hand in hand...and ultimately determine just how efficient a system is. Those two, along with optimized timing and available opportunities, will produce more wins and should keep you in the green. Personally, I rate my system efficiency on a weekly basis.

L.L.

The Professor Speaks! Is everybody listening?

Heh,heh,heh,heh,heh...

OK now Professor, back to the kitchen, your Ramen Noodles are boiling!

United States
              Member #129868
              June 30, 2012
              2454 Posts
              Posted: December 1, 2012, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

If I won a Pick4 Str8 once in my life I'd be happy as a fat rat in a cheese house.

I Agree!

United States
                Member #129868
                June 30, 2012
                2454 Posts
                Posted: December 1, 2012, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

L.L.

This shouldn't be that complex.  I simply asked, how many hits on average in a month will it take for you to say you have a nice system.  NOT TO FACTOR IN COST.  Seems like you made this complex with your "optimized timing".

Texas
                  United States
                  Member #86154
                  January 30, 2010
                  1649 Posts
                  Posted: December 2, 2012, 11:17 am - IP Logged

This shouldn't be that complex.  I simply asked, how many hits on average in a month will it take for you to say you have a nice system.  NOT TO FACTOR IN COST.  Seems like you made this complex with your "optimized timing".

Okay, I'll let someone else take a shot at it. Sorry to have wasted your time here, okay.

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    5611 Posts
                    Posted: December 2, 2012, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Thanks in advance.

For me, I only play this game for straight hits. I feel if I'm going to play boxed, I might as well play Pick 3 straight...the payouts are not exactly the same, but close. I play 1 number, usually for a dollar, sometimes 2 dollars, sometimes 5 dollars. I look at the cost and payout like this. In Texas, there are 626 draws each year. Playing 1 dollar each draw is $626. A straight on $1 pays $5000. You can play for almost 8 years to recover what you spend to hit straight. After that, you nned to double your bet to recover your cost and make a profit.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: December 2, 2012, 11:45 am - IP Logged

LOL, you're lucky he didn't give you his usual doctoral thesis, Chrissy.

You'll never see anybody use so many words to say nothing.

"Optimized timing," LMAO!

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1649 Posts
                        Posted: December 2, 2012, 11:49 am - IP Logged

For me, I only play this game for straight hits. I feel if I'm going to play boxed, I might as well play Pick 3 straight...the payouts are not exactly the same, but close. I play 1 number, usually for a dollar, sometimes 2 dollars, sometimes 5 dollars. I look at the cost and payout like this. In Texas, there are 626 draws each year. Playing 1 dollar each draw is $626. A straight on $1 pays $5000. You can play for almost 8 years to recover what you spend to hit straight. After that, you nned to double your bet to recover your cost and make a profit.

Excellent answer...and I see here that you utilize the key words which are IMPERATIVE to being successful in both these games: RECOVER, COST, PROFIT...and in that order. I ALWAYS use those terms because they're RELEVANT to hits. It's impossible to discuss hits without including cost and system efficiency...it's all part of the recipe. I have never discussed producing hits without an associated cost...and never will because it will become very misleading. Not sure why she was looking for such a "blind" answer but, maybe she'll accept your breakdown of it better. What?

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19830 Posts
                          Posted: December 2, 2012, 11:59 am - IP Logged

If cost isn't a factor then any hits at all makes it a nice system.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Texas
                            United States
                            Member #86154
                            January 30, 2010
                            1649 Posts
                            Posted: December 2, 2012, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

LOL, you're lucky he didn't give you his usual doctoral thesis, Chrissy.

You'll never see anybody use so many words to say nothing.

"Optimized timing," LMAO!

Ridge, optimized timing means playing on combinations which have better odds of producing the type of hit you're looking for, okay. It's very similar to what Ronnie316 discusses in his thread....high/low and odd/even...etc. You seem to enjoy trying to discount my analysis of numerical approaches and I'm not sure why. rcbuckeye just said essentially the same thing I did and, in fact, used the same terminologies but, no back lashes for him though right?

To even remotely attempt discussing hits without elaborating on cost, numbers, timing, and average hits is a severely poor conversation on the host's behalf. Numbers equals mathematics every single time and certain terms are required to illustrate what's going on. You really, really dislike me don't you?Wink

L.L.

#lotto-4-a-living

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: December 2, 2012, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

If cost isn't a factor then any hits at all makes it a nice system.

Exactly.