Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Let"S Please...Stop The Madness

Topic closed. 72 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: December 1, 2012, 10:13 am - IP Logged

I'm am so tired of people WHINING about their anonimity......Please don't be a sissy.......just be smart about it......For instance phones....now I don't have a home phone, but I do have a home phone number associated with my internet....if people are dumb enough to ask u for a number and think you'll give them one use that one or even a fax number....now don't ruin the suprise and tell them it's not a actual phone number...So you want privacy after you claim your winnings....If you have enough money say in savings for instance just take that vacation you always wanted to take let the hype die down a little...a cruise would be optimal....especially if you don't have the jackpot money yet...you may think you're trapped with people who are going to bug you but the cruise lines want all their guests to feel comfortable so they may be able to accomodate you on that front...Now if you want to stay home and just keep your job and keep your head down that's cool too....but let people who don't know you or ever been to your house that they are not welcome there now....Just be upfront about it....plainly say LEAVE ME ALONE you don't know me don't try to get to know me now keep it moving... I'm wondering if anybody else has any ideas on this topic.....

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
    Nutley, New Jersey
    United States
    Member #131058
    August 1, 2012
    875 Posts
    Posted: December 1, 2012, 10:33 am - IP Logged

I'm am so tired of people WHINING about their anonimity......Please don't be a sissy.......just be smart about it......For instance phones....now I don't have a home phone, but I do have a home phone number associated with my internet....if people are dumb enough to ask u for a number and think you'll give them one use that one or even a fax number....now don't ruin the suprise and tell them it's not a actual phone number...So you want privacy after you claim your winnings....If you have enough money say in savings for instance just take that vacation you always wanted to take let the hype die down a little...a cruise would be optimal....especially if you don't have the jackpot money yet...you may think you're trapped with people who are going to bug you but the cruise lines want all their guests to feel comfortable so they may be able to accomodate you on that front...Now if you want to stay home and just keep your job and keep your head down that's cool too....but let people who don't know you or ever been to your house that they are not welcome there now....Just be upfront about it....plainly say LEAVE ME ALONE you don't know me don't try to get to know me now keep it moving... I'm wondering if anybody else has any ideas on this topic.....

I have a few ideas. What are the open carry laws in your state? LOL

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
      NY
      United States
      Member #121961
      January 21, 2012
      3157 Posts
      Posted: December 1, 2012, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Good luck telling the paparazzi that. They will hound you like a celebrity until you smile for them. Surround your house with satellites and helicopters and never allow you to leave. Your mailbox will be packed with dear santa letters from millions of picky kids.

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: December 1, 2012, 10:54 am - IP Logged

I have a few ideas. What are the open carry laws in your state? LOL

We've got em.....but I've never needed a gun when telling someone to go to he double hockey sticks....Don't think winning the lottery will make me carry one more......but I'll definetly be buying some.....I wanna go to Red Jacket LOL

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8362 Posts
          Posted: December 1, 2012, 11:44 am - IP Logged

Apparently your new to this anonymity thing an must live in the country or gated community here in the city where I live if you or the news advertised the fact that you won a large sum of money your property and family members would all be in jeopardy.
          Don't kid yourself anonymity is a good preventive method to secure your estate. And even that is not foolproof.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
            HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #94283
            July 17, 2010
            2284 Posts
            Posted: December 1, 2012, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

Relatives would be the main problem for some of us, and in my case I would have to cut myself off completely from them if they knew I had money.  I have a sibling who wouldn't think twice about killing me if she thought it would get her an inheritance more quickly.  I'd have to make certain she completely understood that she isn't in the will, and every few months fax her a copy of the page where it says that when I die she gets $1 to remind her why she's not killing me.  And I still couldn't be comfortable, because she'd be scheming up some way to get around that and get her hands on the money however she could.  Maybe if I was dead, then she could come forward and claim that the ticket was half hers.  Hmm, I wouldn't be here to deny it or fight her.  Maybe it would work.  Even that small of a chance would be worth it for someone like her.

In my state, you have to release your name but don't have to do the presser.  Unfortunately, I have a fairly unique name, so I'd have to disappear off the face of the earth if I ever want a minute's peace.  I doubt I could convince relatives that it's a different Kau who also happens to live in Boise Idaho who won that pile of cash. 

Many states only require a few weeks residency to do a name change.  I plan on going to a different state and changing my name to Jon Doe, going to another and changing it again to Jack Smith, and just keep doing that till I'm lost.  This would probably take less than a year, and I'd love to spend some time traveling the US anyway. Then go to the state I want to live, and have some peace.

Now, if I could be anonymous, I probably wouldn't have to do all that.  I'm not super close to my family that they know anything about my present finances other than what anyone could observe from the outside.  So I could move into a nicer home and make up something like I got an early retirement package from my company that, combined with my savings, let me buy it.  Then tell them I'm doing consulting or contract work part time to pay my living expenses.  They'd never know that when I'm supposedly traveling for work I'm really off having fun in Europe or New York or San Francisco or Santa Fe.

JAP69's avatar - alas
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #6
              November 4, 2001
              8790 Posts
              Posted: December 1, 2012, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

Prior to winning a jackpot generally most of your relatives and friends are in the general area of your income. Winning a jackpot would put you far above their income so naturaly problems will arise.

If you are wealthy to begin with you generaly would have well to do relatives and friends. Not much problem with being hit on there, but possibly.

It all boils down to if you are the wealthy one you are the come to person. Just a matter of learning how to deal with the situation.

Get advice from a rich person on how they handle it.

MAGA

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19847 Posts
                Posted: December 1, 2012, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

animated smileys animals 9 Wow

Let it Snow Snowman

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                  Member #121745
                  January 16, 2012
                  4792 Posts
                  Posted: December 1, 2012, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

BB:

You are assuming people will accept a "no" and go away. I have written a couple of books and still have a day job and you would be surprised by very well educated people asking me repeatedly how much money I make, how much I have in the bank, and constant fishing for financial info, etc.  I always say I never discuss money but I have had to go to extreme efforts to reinforce that "no means no" and "go away." The more low key you are about it and close mouthed, the more they seem to think you are sleeping surrounded by gold bars.  These same people who have dollar signs in their eyes want me to tell them "shortcuts" to write a book, are unwilling to do any basic reseach on the process and expect me to do it for them. One guy even told me "how I am I going to get a  book deal, learn the process unless YOU do it for me?"  I aways give one time tips and point them to resources online (and a few take the ball and run with it from then) but the unreasonable demands continue often long after this point. For these people, I end up tellling them that I think thet have zero aptitude for writing and they should move on. 

I can only imagine what it would be like with millions of dollars.

J'aime La France.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                    Economy class
                    Belgium
                    Member #123700
                    February 27, 2012
                    4035 Posts
                    Posted: December 1, 2012, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

What's your name again?

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                      Member #52345
                      May 21, 2007
                      2659 Posts
                      Posted: December 1, 2012, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Skeptical

B2B is the other knothead with his and or her head in the clouds and no appreciation for the real world

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19828 Posts
                        Posted: December 1, 2012, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

In half of LP posts, someone is whining about something, if you don't like whining then don't read them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: December 1, 2012, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

In half of LP posts, someone is whining about something, if you don't like whining then don't read them.

People everywhere love to whine, it's what makes this country great.  Patriot     Cussing Face

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                            Economy class
                            Belgium
                            Member #123700
                            February 27, 2012
                            4035 Posts
                            Posted: December 1, 2012, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

United States
                              Member #128790
                              June 2, 2012
                              5431 Posts
                              Posted: December 1, 2012, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Good luck telling the paparazzi that. They will hound you like a celebrity until you smile for them. Surround your house with satellites and helicopters and never allow you to leave. Your mailbox will be packed with dear santa letters from millions of picky kids.

You know why blondes always smile when lightning strikes? They think their picture is being taken  lol