Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Let"S Please...Stop The Madness

Topic closed. 72 replies. Last post 4 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: December 1, 2012, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

lol lol I think BB has been trained by the best in town.... Ridge.  I thought that was from him.  Best comebacks ever.

I agree, good one, I was jealous about that one, lol.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10353 Posts
    Posted: December 1, 2012, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

billionaire2bee,

That as just to show how people can be when they are given money. Obviously that winner knew these people.

In another story, there was a jackpot winner in New Mexico that got bags and bags of mail everyday. One person, a complete stranger, asked him to cover the $75,000 in credit card bills he piled up because he used it to buy Christmas presents and 'just knew' the jp winner would help him out. Another wanted him to sponsor them to be in the World series of Poker.

Another jp winner in Florida pleaed with the post office to stop delievering bags of mail and they said since they knew where he is they had to deliveer it, even though letters addressed:

Lottery winner

Florida

are obvious pleas for money or to buy something.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19830 Posts
      Posted: December 1, 2012, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

billionaire2bee,

That as just to show how people can be when they are given money. Obviously that winner knew these people.

In another story, there was a jackpot winner in New Mexico that got bags and bags of mail everyday. One person, a complete stranger, asked him to cover the $75,000 in credit card bills he piled up because he used it to buy Christmas presents and 'just knew' the jp winner would help him out. Another wanted him to sponsor them to be in the World series of Poker.

Another jp winner in Florida pleaed with the post office to stop delievering bags of mail and they said since they knew where he is they had to deliveer it, even though letters addressed:

Lottery winner

Florida

Sounds like worthless friends, strangers, relatives and in-laws think alike when it comes to money.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: December 2, 2012, 10:16 am - IP Logged

billionaire2bee,

Lottery winner

Florida

Yeah I remember hearing that...first off Felipe Pena was the New Mexico winner your first referencing and yeah he was kind enough to take a meeting with a total stranger who asked him to pay that debt....he wanted to be nice and well I just wouldn't have been...and all that mail delivered would have been thrown back into one of those mailboxes on the side if the road somewhere...so these mailmen can re-sort and try and redeliver again only to keep going thru that process over and over...As for the florida winner which was David Edwards who had the post office delivering mail that just stated "Lottery Winner" did not know that since 9/11 you cannot or really not suposed to deliver mail without a "NAME" or "ADDRESS" on the envelope....he could have stopped that real quick...but Dave Edwards had other problem than mail to deal with...

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
          Member #121745
          January 16, 2012
          4792 Posts
          Posted: December 2, 2012, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I remember hearing that...first off Felipe Pena was the New Mexico winner your first referencing and yeah he was kind enough to take a meeting with a total stranger who asked him to pay that debt....he wanted to be nice and well I just wouldn't have been...and all that mail delivered would have been thrown back into one of those mailboxes on the side if the road somewhere...so these mailmen can re-sort and try and redeliver again only to keep going thru that process over and over...As for the florida winner which was David Edwards who had the post office delivering mail that just stated "Lottery Winner" did not know that since 9/11 you cannot or really not suposed to deliver mail without a "NAME" or "ADDRESS" on the envelope....he could have stopped that real quick...but Dave Edwards had other problem than mail to deal with...

Now for anyone who wins the jackpot, save those emails and letters asking for money.  I'd be glad to coauthor a book on the topic! People really need to understand what is may be like afterwards.

J'aime La France.

United States
            Member #130815
            July 25, 2012
            1636 Posts
            Posted: December 2, 2012, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Now for anyone who wins the jackpot, save those emails and letters asking for money.  I'd be glad to coauthor a book on the topic! People really need to understand what is may be like afterwards.

Hey now that's a great idea Artist.....I would definately read that

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: December 2, 2012, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Sound boing.... theres no shortage of hard luck stories out there.

People are more likely to be entertained by people hurting themseves on accident........

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: December 2, 2012, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Sound boing.... theres no shortage of hard luck stories out there.

People are more likely to be entertained by people hurting themseves on accident........

Boing....I love that sound...LOL

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: December 3, 2012, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

A friend of mine came up with a good reponse  to the people who want to beg you out of your hard won millions......he said tell them that "My financial planner won't let me donate to charities for two years".....if they actually wait two years you can be long gone.....

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19875 Posts
                    Posted: December 3, 2012, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Boing....I love that sound...LOL

Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                      Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6290 Posts
                      Posted: December 3, 2012, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

I don't know about you but I like/love me some Wine....Cheers 

Oh my bad you meant the other whine I must have one to many.....Wink

I Love Pink & Green 1908

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                        u$a
                        United States
                        Member #106665
                        February 22, 2011
                        19875 Posts
                        Posted: December 3, 2012, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
                          Member #130815
                          July 25, 2012
                          1636 Posts
                          Posted: December 3, 2012, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

EEHHH....."Whine" is overrated....I like beer myself....