Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Boycott Illinois Online Lottery

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 4 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7308 Posts
Posted: December 6, 2012, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

OldSchoolPa,

Maybe it's a marketing test and Illinois is the guniea pig for all the lottery states, or an upcoming national lottery.

Remember the 'loteria' tickets. That was before Northstar but the tickets were targeting the Hispanics.

I'm pretty sure that was a marketing test.

We can call PB and MM national lotteries but there can't be a true national lottery until every state has a lottery.

NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90535
    April 29, 2010
    11978 Posts
    Posted: December 6, 2012, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

As everyone knows, Illinois now allows Illinois residents to buy PowerBall, Mega Millions, and Lotto tickets online apart from the subscription service. However, the Illinois Lottery administrators are requiring a minimum $5 per game purchase in order to buy online. I find that highly irresponsible and hypocritical. The  Illinois Lottery will do PSAs touting people to play responsibly, and by responsible play, spending a buck on a given game is how I usually play. Only occasionally will I buy $5 or more in tickets for a given game...but I would never do this every time I want to play. So I have decided tmy buy subscription with my account balance and not entertain playing online until Illinois Lottery removes that $5 minimum purchase requirement for each game.

1) HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY BY NOT PLAYING=SAVE YOUR MONEY.

2) PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY TO AVOID THE LOTTERY INSANITY.IT IS OKAY TO DREAM.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3474 Posts
      Posted: December 7, 2012, 2:23 am - IP Logged

We can call PB and MM national lotteries but there can't be a true national lottery until every state has a lottery.

We can't have a true national lottery until we have a lottery that's run by a nation.