Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Winners Gone Broke

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Lucky4Life.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Would you watch a reality show about big winners who lost it all?

Yes [ 30 ]  [65.22%]
No [ 16 ]  [34.78%]
Total Valid Votes [ 46 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6305 Posts
Posted: January 3, 2013, 4:48 am - IP Logged

There is?  What network?

I believe E News...

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
    Member #134627
    November 2, 2012
    1004 Posts
    Posted: January 3, 2013, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

I think everyone who seriously plays lottery  should go through financial mamagement classes, ahead of time, like now, so when they win big they have no problems dealing with large amounts of money. If they do not win, at least they have a long lasting skill that will help them manage whatever they have, successfully.

I am saying this because I am tired and frustrated to hear about all those big winners screwing their lives instead of thriving. Such facts only spook people away from lottery. Of course, part of their problem is that evevryone around wants their money: people, services, banks, companies, lawers, causes, you name it. Having enormous money demands discipline, and if person was a gambler, then big money will only accentuate such behavior. If person did not know what his life is about, he or she or they is an easy target to fall into bad habits. All the people who keeps loosing in lottery, they end up giving money to unworthy people, unworthy deeds. Because of it lottrey has a bit evilish character to it. It makes sense to dress into "Lottery Ticket" costume for Hallowin.

Sunny California
      United States
      Member #40295
      May 31, 2006
      7713 Posts
      Posted: January 3, 2013, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

I stay away from any show about lottery players,lol. I don't care to see people (in my opinion) wasting money on extravagant things. As for a show about losing it all...well...let me just say....I stay away from any show about lottery players :)

Kumo's avatar - ebDWVf6 jpg?1

United States
        Member #122235
        January 27, 2012
        172 Posts
        Posted: January 3, 2013, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

I'd much rather just read about it here on LP. Watching TV is a bit of a rarity for me these days, but when I do I prefer to watch Sci-fi, FOX News, HGTV and DIY programming.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. ~Ronald Reagan

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." ~Wolfgang von Goethe

"It's preferable to be harmlessly paranoid than fatally stupid."  ~Anonymous

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
          Columbus, Ohio
          United States
          Member #128906
          June 5, 2012
          599 Posts
          Posted: January 4, 2013, 6:10 am - IP Logged

Yes, I would watch a show on lottery winners going broke... personally, I would be able to manage it.  I've made alot of money in the past and lost it all, still trying to recover.  I won't make the same mistake when I win.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
            u$a
            United States
            Member #106665
            February 22, 2011
            19964 Posts
            Posted: January 4, 2013, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Yes, I would watch a show on lottery winners going broke... personally, I would be able to manage it.  I've made alot of money in the past and lost it all, still trying to recover.  I won't make the same mistake when I win.

Thumbs Up Staying Positive in a negative World Good attitude to have throwing around money SmileyTossingMoney-Animated.gif photo

Let it Snow Snowman

Baton Rouge, LA
              United States
              Member #4602
              May 7, 2004
              700 Posts
              Posted: January 4, 2013, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't watch such a show, I don't find others' misfortune to be entertaining. I think all of this exploitive programming on TV has to end, it's all just sickening to me.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                TX
                United States
                Member #121193
                January 4, 2012
                1637 Posts
                Posted: January 5, 2013, 9:50 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't watch such a show, I don't find others' misfortune to be entertaining. I think all of this exploitive programming on TV has to end, it's all just sickening to me.

Well P6..... you could also take it as a free education of what NOT to do with newly acquired wealth. The old idea of learning from histories(in this case other folks) mistakes should make a savy person take a moment to think and say " Hmmmmm, I ain't going down that road".............Just food for thought............ Stay positive my friend
                Patriot

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
                  Member #85037
                  January 7, 2010
                  253 Posts
                  Posted: January 6, 2013, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

I would watch it , but who is the loser world would want to be featured in it ?

people who would want to be paid for their story.

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
                    Member #85037
                    January 7, 2010
                    253 Posts
                    Posted: January 6, 2013, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

Well P6..... you could also take it as a free education of what NOT to do with newly acquired wealth. The old idea of learning from histories(in this case other folks) mistakes should make a savy person take a moment to think and say " Hmmmmm, I ain't going down that road".............Just food for thought............ Stay positive my friend
                    Patriot

exactly why I would watch it, to learn from their mistakes.