Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Blizzard "Nemo" may prevent you from getting your lotto tickets in MA today...

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 4 years ago by sully16.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: February 9, 2013, 7:13 am - IP Logged

As of 4 PM Friday afternoon, MA Governor Deval Patrick signed an executive order effectively banning vehicles from ALL roadways until further notice.

Exceptions would be for health or safety emergencies, or state workers responding to blizzard related work tasks.

Penalties for any driver caught in violation of this ban. Up to one year in jail and $500 fine.

Hopefully most players anticipated this unprecedented decision, and got all their tickets yesterday.

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    42010 Posts
    Posted: February 9, 2013, 7:56 am - IP Logged

Blizzards are only good when they come from Dairy QueenHyper

HyperBe Happy.

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: February 9, 2013, 8:08 am - IP Logged

Blizzards are only good when they come from Dairy QueenHyper

Green laughHow true, and well said sully!

I'm looking out my window now at the blowing, drifting snow up to four feet deep.  Crying

At least our Governor didn't ban driving on our "Live, Freeze and Die" roads.

Columbia, SC
        United States
        Member #135285
        November 21, 2012
        584 Posts
        Posted: February 9, 2013, 8:26 am - IP Logged

Be careful folks....Staying safe is most important!

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: February 9, 2013, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

I'd risk the year in jail before I'd let some schmuck governor tell me to stay in the house til he decides I can come out. Pfffffffffftttttttt!!!

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
            Nutley, New Jersey
            United States
            Member #131058
            August 1, 2012
            875 Posts
            Posted: February 9, 2013, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

As of 4 PM Friday afternoon, MA Governor Deval Patrick signed an executive order effectively banning vehicles from ALL roadways until further notice.

Exceptions would be for health or safety emergencies, or state workers responding to blizzard related work tasks.

Penalties for any driver caught in violation of this ban. Up to one year in jail and $500 fine.

Hopefully most players anticipated this unprecedented decision, and got all their tickets yesterday.

"Governor Deval Patrick signed an executive order effectively banning vehicles from ALL roadways until further notice."

Deval Patrick can take his executive order and shove it were the sun don't shine. This is another example of big government gone completely wrong.

"Penalties for any driver caught in violation of this ban. Up to one year in jail and $500 fine."

So if someone is caught driving on the road today, the taxpayers will then be responsible for feeding, clothing and housing this person for up to an entire year while they rot in jail for what is essentially a victimless "crime." No wonder this country is 16 trillion dollars in debt and growing fast.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
              Lavender Rocket

United States
              Member #124616
              March 16, 2012
              2642 Posts
              Posted: February 9, 2013, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

its the same for RI... but our travel ban was just lifted (if you are without power and need to get somewhere warm-ish)

.... thank goodness i wasnt looking forward to getting to MA to buy a lottery tix... that would have been impossible today!

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                Member #121745
                January 16, 2012
                4954 Posts
                Posted: February 9, 2013, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

Can you imagine if there was a record jackpot like over 600 million?  People would be literally risking their lives just to get tickets in the extreme weather there.

J'aime La France.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                  Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  42010 Posts
                  Posted: February 9, 2013, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Can you imagine if there was a record jackpot like over 600 million?  People would be literally risking their lives just to get tickets in the extreme weather there.

Thats why we wear coats, gloves and hats, in case it's chilly out. I'd have hubby snow blow a path to the lottery store if I had to.LOL

HyperBe Happy.

United States
                    Member #121745
                    January 16, 2012
                    4954 Posts
                    Posted: February 9, 2013, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Thats why we wear coats, gloves and hats, in case it's chilly out. I'd have hubby snow blow a path to the lottery store if I had to.LOL

lolLOL

J'aime La France.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                      Massachusetts
                      United States
                      Member #37433
                      April 14, 2006
                      2747 Posts
                      Posted: February 9, 2013, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

Advanced play feature is suited for moments such as these.

msharkey2001's avatar - Trek startrek.gif
                        New Hampshire
                        United States
                        Member #136492
                        December 12, 2012
                        325 Posts
                        Posted: February 9, 2013, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Thank god we're north of the border ay mcginnin? Live free or die!

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                          NY
                          United States
                          Member #121961
                          January 21, 2012
                          3159 Posts
                          Posted: February 9, 2013, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Today was great. Everyone was stuck home. Cranked up the snow blower and had the lotto machine all to myself.

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4954 Posts
                            Posted: February 9, 2013, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Advanced play feature is suited for moments such as these.

I can't commit to a set of numbers more than 2 plays.

J'aime La France.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                              Massachusetts
                              United States
                              Member #37433
                              April 14, 2006
                              2747 Posts
                              Posted: February 9, 2013, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

I can't commit to a set of numbers more than 2 plays.

Ms Don Juan lol

Advanced plays saves me the frequent trips to the store, the hustle of over-analysing the numbers, and the last minute dash to the store. What I dislike about it is is that after the 5th draw the combination starts feeling like christmas leftovers on the Dec 28 haha