Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Letter in Dear Abby - Re: If I Win The Lottery

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 4 years ago by ttech10.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #23835
October 16, 2005
3474 Posts
Posted: February 14, 2013, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Do you think those people realize it would probably mean giving up half the jackpot?

Ever hear the expression "Freedom isn't free"?

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: February 14, 2013, 7:26 am - IP Logged

Do you think those people realize it would probably mean giving up half the jackpot?

Hey if you stay married they can spend what they want...I know ALOT of retired soldiers here at Bragg who are still married cause the wife will get half of the benefits...but it doesn't stop them from giving to their churches, helping their deadbeat family, or buying clothes, shoes or whatever they want all the time not having a job...One guy I worked with only took the job cause he could have a seperate checking account that money would go into and she couldn't touch...So yeah i think most of these guys would happily give up half....especially if they knew that that's all they were gonna have ot give up...

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3300 Posts
      Posted: February 14, 2013, 8:19 am - IP Logged

"Honey! i won the lotto, pack your bags."

"Oh wow where are we going?"

WE?  no we, i want you out by the time i get back from lotteries HQ"

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
        Lavender Rocket

United States
        Member #124616
        March 16, 2012
        2642 Posts
        Posted: February 14, 2013, 10:58 am - IP Logged

LOL - well we did our 'informal' polling over here.

Me - I would keep him.

DH - (and I quote) - oh you are gone.  you get this house, all the old vehicles, the boat, all our current retirement accounts and the kids... i get everything new and the 20+ year old blond to go with it.

daughter - votes with me to keep him - but that she would keep her husband cuz he is young enough to keep.

daughter's husband - votes with dh that his f-i-l would be moving out. - but that of COURSE he would stay with my daughter (LOL)

---

guess where dh slept last night? - and i kept hearing.... 'but i was only joking honey... you know i cant live without your cooking'

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          40551 Posts
          Posted: February 14, 2013, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

LOL - well we did our 'informal' polling over here.

Me - I would keep him.

DH - (and I quote) - oh you are gone.  you get this house, all the old vehicles, the boat, all our current retirement accounts and the kids... i get everything new and the 20+ year old blond to go with it.

daughter - votes with me to keep him - but that she would keep her husband cuz he is young enough to keep.

daughter's husband - votes with dh that his f-i-l would be moving out. - but that of COURSE he would stay with my daughter (LOL)

---

guess where dh slept last night? - and i kept hearing.... 'but i was only joking honey... you know i cant live without your cooking'

My husbands response would be, ( Sure, I'll stay as long as your 3 brothers are around) hehehe

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

mightwin's avatar - questns

United States
            Member #103786
            January 5, 2011
            486 Posts
            Posted: February 15, 2013, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Technically they would prob get a 1/4 of the jackpot, you a 1/4 and uncle sam gets 1/2.    oh wait I forgot the lawyers %..................lol

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
              Gurnee, Illinois
              United States
              Member #49731
              February 12, 2007
              917 Posts
              Posted: February 20, 2013, 5:44 am - IP Logged

I would remain married but I would continue making it an open marriage. Monogamy is a Euro Judao Christian myth just like current day tithing is a wealth generation scheme by today's money loving prosperity gospel preaching pastors (note that they are the only ones prospering until their secret sins are exposed). Abram, Jacob, King David, and many other righteous men had multiple wives and concubines. So why can't I?

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: February 20, 2013, 5:47 am - IP Logged

I would remain married but I would continue making it an open marriage. Monogamy is a Euro Judao Christian myth just like current day tithing is a wealth generation scheme by today's money loving prosperity gospel preaching pastors (note that they are the only ones prospering until their secret sins are exposed). Abram, Jacob, King David, and many other righteous men had multiple wives and concubines. So why can't I?

Wives love open marriages!   Love     Lover      Lovies

Columbia, SC
                  United States
                  Member #135285
                  November 21, 2012
                  584 Posts
                  Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:23 am - IP Logged

"Honey! i won the lotto, pack your bags."

"Oh wow where are we going?"

WE?  no we, i want you out by the time i get back from lotteries HQ"

ROFL!!!!!!

Now THAT was funny!!

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: February 20, 2013, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

lol I shall drink to that  Cheers and add to that list Bill Clinton, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Governor Mark Sanford, Elliot Spitzer, Arnold Schwarzenegger etc. While monogamy is good it just is not for everybody

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4792 Posts
                      Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

lol I shall drink to that  Cheers and add to that list Bill Clinton, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Governor Mark Sanford, Elliot Spitzer, Arnold Schwarzenegger etc. While monogamy is good it just is not for everybody

You left off JFK.

J'aime La France.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                        Massachusetts
                        United States
                        Member #37433
                        April 14, 2006
                        2747 Posts
                        Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

You left off JFK.

Are you serious right now? haha wow a wolf in sheeps clothing..

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4792 Posts
                          Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Are you serious right now? haha wow a wolf in sheeps clothing..

huh? You were talking about cheaters, right?  JFK was infamous.

J'aime La France.

Massachusetts
                            United States
                            Member #37433
                            April 14, 2006
                            2747 Posts
                            Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

I haven't read much about him other than his assasination. I am a little surprised because its him but then again, he was a man so thats that  Idea

United States
                              Member #111442
                              May 25, 2011
                              6323 Posts
                              Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

I thought you were talking about great swimmers.

Wasn't Kennedy the hero that saved a drowning soldier off a PT boat?   Thinking of...