Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Letter in Dear Abby - Re: If I Win The Lottery

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 4 years ago by ttech10.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
Massachusetts
United States
Member #37433
April 14, 2006
2747 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

I thought you were talking about great swimmers.

Wasn't Kennedy the hero that saved a drowning soldier off a PT boat?   Thinking of...

Apparently he was helping the nation while helping himself to the interns? lol lucky dog

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4800 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Apparently he was helping the nation while helping himself to the interns? lol lucky dog

The original intern chaser.

J'aime La France.

United States
      Member #121745
      January 16, 2012
      4800 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Wasn't Kennedy the hero that saved a drowning soldier off a PT boat?   Thinking of...

I did not know Kennedy's could swim. lol    I am sure his father had something to do with it as well as the ghost writer for Profiles in Courage. Kennedy had the idea for the book but someone else did all the research and writing.

J'aime La France.

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

LOL that a perk of being the president....You don't want to know what I'd be doing in the oval office...

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

J Edgar Hoover must have swore them to silence since non ever wrote a tell all book. They would be NY Times bestsellers Eek lol

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4800 Posts
            Posted: February 20, 2013, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

J Edgar Hoover must have swore them to silence since non ever wrote a tell all book. They would be NY Times bestsellers Eek lol

No kidding. But he would have been considered law enforcement so there would be an attorney client type privilege there so no disclosures (exists beyond death of both parties believe it or not).

J'aime La France.

Massachusetts
              United States
              Member #37433
              April 14, 2006
              2747 Posts
              Posted: February 20, 2013, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Oh really? and he had all the resources he needed. If politicians feared him, a lonely intern would have been scared to death to defy him.

United States
                Member #121745
                January 16, 2012
                4800 Posts
                Posted: February 20, 2013, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Oh really? and he had all the resources he needed. If politicians feared him, a lonely intern would have been scared to death to defy him.

Oh sure, I bet he held things over their heads.....but he wore dresses so I am sure they had dirt on him as well.

J'aime La France.

Massachusetts
                  United States
                  Member #37433
                  April 14, 2006
                  2747 Posts
                  Posted: February 20, 2013, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

Oh sure, I bet he held things over their heads.....but he wore dresses so I am sure they had dirt on him as well.

lol you know he would have your head for saying that about him haha DiCaprio was great in J Edgar

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                    Member #121745
                    January 16, 2012
                    4800 Posts
                    Posted: February 20, 2013, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

lol you know he would have your head for saying that about him haha DiCaprio was great in J Edgar

lol lol Well if I get yanked off the DC subway tomorrow by fed agents, we know who is behind it!

J'aime La France.

Massachusetts
                      United States
                      Member #37433
                      April 14, 2006
                      2747 Posts
                      Posted: February 20, 2013, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

lol lol Well if I get yanked off the DC subway tomorrow by fed agents, we know who is behind it!

ahahaha be sure to say to them "no habla ingles" and then give them your winningest smile they will have to let you go lmao. On the other hand if you speak French they will not only take you but handcuff you and throw you in the trunk

United States
                        Member #121745
                        January 16, 2012
                        4800 Posts
                        Posted: February 20, 2013, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

ahahaha be sure to say to them "no habla ingles" and then give them your winningest smile they will have to let you go lmao. On the other hand if you speak French they will not only take you but handcuff you and throw you in the trunk

omg lol lol  As tootie used to say.....we are in trou-ble!

J'aime La France.

Massachusetts
                          United States
                          Member #37433
                          April 14, 2006
                          2747 Posts
                          Posted: February 20, 2013, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

omg lol lol  As tootie used to say.....we are in trou-ble!

Yeah. That was a good sitcom. I'm a sitcom junkie

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: February 20, 2013, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

He saved a fellow sailor, dragged him with his teeth through the water, so the story goes.

His brother Teddy on the other hand, didn't like to save drowning people that much.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #92330
                              June 5, 2010
                              887 Posts
                              Posted: February 21, 2013, 1:00 am - IP Logged

I think so many people feel if they are not married by a certain age, they panic and "settle." So they win a lottery and want to trade up for a better house, a better car and a "better" spouse.  The "for richer" in richer or poorer does not apply.

I wonder how many are also getting married simply so they have someone else in which to help pay bills. Basically, to have a glorified roommate. I think there was a lottery story before where the couple divorced after winning because it's something they had been wanting to do, but now have the financial security to do so.

Also, this thread reminded me of a winner that tried to hide her win from her husband and divorced him. He found out, via mail that got sent to him by mistake, and sued her. He was awarded all the winnings.