Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who Was She?

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rodan.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
41864 Posts
Posted: February 24, 2013, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!Green laugh

Good ole Gail

HyperBe Happy.

United States
    Member #139485
    February 24, 2013
    20 Posts
    Posted: February 24, 2013, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

I'm going to google some info on when the Wisconsin and Arizona lotteries started, I did this before, and, didn't find much, but, I'm going to do that again. It's possible those are states where the winners can be anonymous.

That would be a good idea to just get a list of winners in both states ,and compare.

The name of the booklet and tape is " Let Go and Win ".   I picked this up off a radio show, I listened to years ago.

It could be very few copies are in print. Might only be available by stumbling upon one at a yard or garage sale.

No, I wasn't referring to Gail Howard, I am aware of her. I'm referring to Cynthia Stafford, as the person who won Powerball, in the state of California, on Mother's Day, in 2007.  But, this is not the lady who wrote the booklet "Let Go and Win". 

Anyone who is aware of how Cynthia Stafford says she won, would be interested in my post.  I doubt if anyone else would. 

In my opinion, if someone can pick six numbers out of 175,000,000 and win,  I will listen or at least read how they did it.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: February 24, 2013, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

California has not yet joined Powerball

That money's gone fo ever

United States
        Member #139485
        February 24, 2013
        20 Posts
        Posted: February 24, 2013, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

My mistake, it was not Powerball, it was Mega Millions. But, that does not discount the fact she won. How she won may be disputed, but, she did win 112 million dollars.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
          Member #121745
          January 16, 2012
          4937 Posts
          Posted: February 24, 2013, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

I'm going to google some info on when the Wisconsin and Arizona lotteries started, I did this before, and, didn't find much, but, I'm going to do that again. It's possible those are states where the winners can be anonymous.

That would be a good idea to just get a list of winners in both states ,and compare.

The name of the booklet and tape is " Let Go and Win ".   I picked this up off a radio show, I listened to years ago.

It could be very few copies are in print. Might only be available by stumbling upon one at a yard or garage sale.

No, I wasn't referring to Gail Howard, I am aware of her. I'm referring to Cynthia Stafford, as the person who won Powerball, in the state of California, on Mother's Day, in 2007.  But, this is not the lady who wrote the booklet "Let Go and Win". 

Anyone who is aware of how Cynthia Stafford says she won, would be interested in my post.  I doubt if anyone else would. 

In my opinion, if someone can pick six numbers out of 175,000,000 and win,  I will listen or at least read how they did it.

I searched the world cat. and the Library of Congress (including the title "Let's go and win") and nothing came up. I also searched some out of print databases. It may not have been copyrighted formally or might have been a very small self published booklet.

J'aime La France.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
            Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #37433
            April 14, 2006
            2747 Posts
            Posted: February 24, 2013, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

I searched the world cat. and the Library of Congress (including the title "Let's go and win") and nothing came up. I also searched some out of print databases. It may not have been copyrighted formally or might have been a very small self published booklet.

Most of the lottery books that promise you the magic formula are self published and are not sold in bookshops. I don't think they even have ISBN numbers. I could be wrong on that last part

That money's gone fo ever

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4937 Posts
              Posted: February 24, 2013, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Most of the lottery books that promise you the magic formula are self published and are not sold in bookshops. I don't think they even have ISBN numbers. I could be wrong on that last part

Some do. But ISBN #'s are not cheap so this really sounds like an informal/home published booklet.

J'aime La France.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                41864 Posts
                Posted: February 24, 2013, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Some do. But ISBN #'s are not cheap so this really sounds like an informal/home published booklet.

Checked out the LP Book store, nothing there like that title, 8 more hours until the Walking Dead, then I give up.

HyperBe Happy.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: February 24, 2013, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

Some people are just born lucky in my opinion.

Like Joan Ginther in Bishop Texas who won millions four times, for instance.

But then, what the hell do I know?

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/235095

United States
                    Member #139485
                    February 24, 2013
                    20 Posts
                    Posted: February 24, 2013, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

I agree, a booklet or tape like this would be really low keyed. I would guess a first publishing at a local printshop in Arizona ( where she moved to ) was all she did. Probably very few around.

What I did find out since my last post:

Arizona lottery been around since 1981

Wisconsin lottery since 1988.

So,  she had to do this since 1988.  She won the first lottery in Wisconsin, then, moved to Arizona and won the second lottery, within two years. So, it had to be since 1988. Probably, sometime in the early 1990's, again, before the internet.

That's why I doubt something like I want to find will be on the net, UNLESS, someone, as yourselves, who follow lotteries, might happen to have the booklet, listened to the tape, or, even possible know the lady.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                      ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                      United States
                      Member #4924
                      June 3, 2004
                      5959 Posts
                      Posted: February 24, 2013, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

I'm aware of the way they claim she won, but not sure it's true!!

United States
                        Member #139485
                        February 24, 2013
                        20 Posts
                        Posted: February 24, 2013, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

I checked out the Lottery Post Bookstore, too, no show.

For those that may be interested, I first found out about this situation on a radio show, " The Laura Lee Show", the guest on the show was Fredric Lehrman, ( I think she spelled it Fredic Lehrman on her website ) The show was called " Prosperity Conciousness", but, I'm not sure you can access it at her site anymore.

On this radio show, about half way through it, Fredric tells of a client of his, who practiced his methods to gain prosperity, she applied it to winning the lottery.  She won the six pick lottery in her state of Wisconsin.  She then moved to Arizona, and, thought to herself, " well, maybe it was just a fluke, maybe I just got lucky. IF Prosperity Consciousness really works, I should be able to do it again". So, she applied the same techniques, that she put together from attending Fredric Lehrman's Prosperity Conciousness course, and,  yes, she won again. According to the radio show, she then wrote a book and tape, called it "Let Go and Win".   

Now you know as much as I know about this situation.

I don't call that luck, but, then, I don't know what you call it.  IF this story is true. That is what I want to find out. And, I want to buy that booklet and tape.

I emailed Fredric Lehrman, the person who teaches  the "Proserity Conciousness" course,  to see if he remembered the lady's name, and where to get the booklet, but, he didn't reply.  Maybe someone else could try him.

United States
                          Member #139485
                          February 24, 2013
                          20 Posts
                          Posted: February 24, 2013, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

If you are referring to Cynthia Stafford, yes, she won. You can find all kind of information about it, she was on CNN news, I think she was even on Oprah' show. 

She won,  and, yes, she won 112 million dollars, but, how she says she won, could be disputed.

United States
                            Member #138657
                            February 2, 2013
                            602 Posts
                            Posted: February 24, 2013, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Cynthia Stafford did not pick her own number, she won thru QP. The guy who won 337 million PB did pick his own number.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                              Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4144 Posts
                              Posted: February 24, 2013, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

Not to worry - the wagons will circle around you to protect you from harm..Sun Smiley