Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What would you say if anything to a lottery winner you run into on the street/store by chance??

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 4 years ago by JAP69.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6290 Posts
Posted: February 28, 2013, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

seclusion, people asking me for money & threatening my life.

this sounds like my life now LOL

Lol u so crazy......Smile

I Love Pink & Green 1908

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #94283
    July 17, 2010
    2284 Posts
    Posted: February 28, 2013, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

It didn't change them, it changed the people they know....into a pack of wolves...and of course once the word got out to the piggery the piggery probably started harassing them too.

What is this piggery you keep talking about?

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
      Lavender Rocket

United States
      Member #124616
      March 16, 2012
      2642 Posts
      Posted: February 28, 2013, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

What would you do or say if you ran into a big lotto winner on the street or in a store?? I met a guy who won $250,000 one time....It was fun talking to him about how good it felt for him to win and what he bought....but what about you what would you ask if you met a big winner or would you not say a word??

I would smile and nod... cuz that is what i would want people to do to/for me

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10344 Posts
        Posted: February 28, 2013, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

"What would you do or say if you ran into a big lotto winner on the street or in a store?? "

Stick 'em up!

Green laugh

Just kidding!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Columbia, SC
          United States
          Member #135285
          November 21, 2012
          584 Posts
          Posted: February 28, 2013, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

What is this piggery you keep talking about?

LOL HoLeeKau..I was going to ask him the same thing...If there was a "piggery" going on, I certainly wasn't part of it.

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

Baton Rouge, LA
            United States
            Member #4602
            May 7, 2004
            699 Posts
            Posted: February 28, 2013, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

Like DCBF said, yes....I'd definitley CONGRATULATE them!!

I have some friends (not close anymore but were close at the time) who won 19 million in a lottery many years ago...I think around '97 or '98...It was a big thing that happened to them during that time and billboards were up all around town congratulating them, but the money changed them....I think to the state of paranoia.....the wife as become distant and secluded...I think winning THAT kind of money can change people in some ways....Even though I'd love to win a nice amount of money, I don't want it to be so much that I change who I am...

They probably went into seclusion because everyone was asking for money. I've read some stories here and at other websites about people who win the lottery and even though they don't change, other people around them do and they end up having to cut loose some "friends" because they want more money. Some have had to move because of people in their community constantly asking for money.

If I did win a big jackpot, I'd keep a low profile for all  the reasons already mentioned. Sometimes it's best just to keep things to yourself.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
              Texas
              United States
              Member #92330
              June 5, 2010
              887 Posts
              Posted: March 1, 2013, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Nothing.

The only winners I'd recognize are those on the LCML show and I'm sure they get enough attention as it is. I would likely just give them the 'I know who you are' nod.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: March 1, 2013, 12:40 am - IP Logged

I would smile and nod... cuz that is what i would want people to do to/for me

That's what I do when my wife's talking to me while I'm trying to watch tv.

It works most of the time.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                  adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  3300 Posts
                  Posted: March 1, 2013, 12:53 am - IP Logged

I have some friends (not close anymore but were close at the time) who won 19 million in a lottery many years ago...I think around '97 or '98...It was a big thing that happened to them during that time and billboards were up all around town congratulating them, but the money changed them....I think to the state of paranoia.....the wife as become distant and secluded...I think winning THAT kind of money can change people in some ways....Even though I'd love to win a nice amount of money, I don't want it to be so much that I change who I am...

wow billboards. way to make someone feel welcome. " we know you're rich. you're welcome in our shop anytime.  "

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
                    Member #124493
                    March 14, 2012
                    7023 Posts
                    Posted: March 1, 2013, 2:40 am - IP Logged

What would you do or say if you ran into a big lotto winner on the street or in a store?? I met a guy who won $250,000 one time....It was fun talking to him about how good it felt for him to win and what he bought....but what about you what would you ask if you met a big winner or would you not say a word??

If I met a big winner in a store I would first ask if they have heard of Lottery Post.  If they had, then I would ask if they frequent the forums.  If they did then I would ask if they thought B2B was a big horses ass.

If they said yes, then I would agree with them.

If they said no, I would say "read some more of his posts",

then I would ask if they had any dogs that needed walking.

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: March 1, 2013, 3:08 am - IP Logged

If I met a big winner in a store I would first ask if they have heard of Lottery Post.  If they had, then I would ask if they frequent the forums.  If they did then I would ask if they thought B2B was a big horses ass.

If they said yes, then I would agree with them.

If they said no, I would say "read some more of his posts",

then I would ask if they had any dogs that needed walking.

Green laugh Don't forget to ask if they have any cats that need a bath.  Dunk

United States
                        Member #123632
                        February 25, 2012
                        156 Posts
                        Posted: March 1, 2013, 3:20 am - IP Logged

Did you know that many lottery winners continue to play believing that they will hit a big windfall again? So maybe if you have a really good system they may be interested in buying it from you. I mean they do have money now to buy it from you. Or Maybe they wont want anything to do with your system at all because they believe they have the winning system?

They might be interested in knowledge that might help them win again just like you are. It's not as if they have some how now turned into an alian from outerspace because they have won and now have no goal to create even more wealth or no goals to create some better idea for the planet. 

In otherwords if you have a way to make them more wealthier they might be interested in what you have to say. They are very busy people. In other words hit the road jack if you are of no creative inspiring benefit to them!

Many wealthy people are interested in. Idea's & investing in ideas.

Although some are very cool people in deed. And are very thrifty also. And very very creative. So maybe ask them if they have any advice on how you might become more creative also. And then listen to what they have to say.

kyokushin187's avatar - evildead2
                          cornwall,ct
                          United States
                          Member #102636
                          December 23, 2010
                          245 Posts
                          Posted: March 1, 2013, 8:06 am - IP Logged

When I went into the store with my 5of6 Classic Lotto winner last Tuesday, the only person I wanted to talk to was the one that filled out the claim form and verified my ticket for me to pick up my money at the bank.  Had I matched 6of6 they wouldn't have ever seen me in that store as I would have called a regional office and made an appointment to verify my ticket and pick up the money directly from the state.

Congrats rjoh. I hit 5 of 6 then 4 of 6 in 2012 on my state classic lotto. Do you still play those winning numbers?

Kyokushin karate a.k.a.

" The strongest Karate"

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3490 Posts
                            Posted: March 1, 2013, 9:03 am - IP Logged

I herd a man say once, that money don't change a person, it only High-lites who they really are!

that's why people who are extremely generous naturally, HAVE TO BE CAREFUL.

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

sully16's avatar - sharan
                              Ringleader
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #81740
                              October 28, 2009
                              40295 Posts
                              Posted: March 1, 2013, 9:06 am - IP Logged

That's what I do when my wife's talking to me while I'm trying to watch tv.

It works most of the time.

I live in opposite land, I turn on sports when I don't want to be bothered., hehehehehe

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"