Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What would you say if anything to a lottery winner you run into on the street/store by chance??

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 4 years ago by JAP69.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
41988 Posts
Posted: March 1, 2013, 9:07 am - IP Logged

I herd a man say once, that money don't change a person, it only High-lites who they really are!

that's why people who are extremely generous naturally, HAVE TO BE CAREFUL.

Very wise words Rosie, glad to see you!, Party

HyperBe Happy.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19898 Posts
    Posted: March 1, 2013, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Congrats rjoh. I hit 5 of 6 then 4 of 6 in 2012 on my state classic lotto. Do you still play those winning numbers?

No, I've have never intentionally played a combination more than once.  I have tracked all of Ohio's pick6 games(6/40, 6/44, 6/47, Super Lotto 6/49+1  and Classic Lotto) since I started playing years ago and as far as I know, no winning combination of six has ever repeated.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3490 Posts
      Posted: March 1, 2013, 9:08 am - IP Logged

Thumbs UpI would say way to go!!!! stay Joyful and Blessed!!Lovies

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: March 1, 2013, 9:12 am - IP Logged

Very wise words Rosie, glad to see you!, Party

LoveSun SmileyMy sully16!!!  Nice to see you again!!! you live in my hear rent Free!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          41988 Posts
          Posted: March 1, 2013, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Same here my friend Love

HyperBe Happy.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
            Texas
            United States
            Member #92330
            June 5, 2010
            887 Posts
            Posted: March 1, 2013, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

I herd a man say once, that money don't change a person, it only High-lites who they really are!

that's why people who are extremely generous naturally, HAVE TO BE CAREFUL.

This could be bad for me. I remember one day a while back this guy asked for some change. He didn't try any of the tired stories, just asked. Our bank had stopped taking coins so I had a good bit in my center console. I think he got more change then than he got all week. Even if he used it for beer, that's exactly what I had planned for it.

It probably also means I'd spend more time sitting on benches getting stuck with a crazy person talking about who knows what, because I feel like walking away would be rude.

Man... I think I'd require a babysitter.

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: March 1, 2013, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

This could be bad for me. I remember one day a while back this guy asked for some change. He didn't try any of the tired stories, just asked. Our bank had stopped taking coins so I had a good bit in my center console. I think he got more change then than he got all week. Even if he used it for beer, that's exactly what I had planned for it.

It probably also means I'd spend more time sitting on benches getting stuck with a crazy person talking about who knows what, because I feel like walking away would be rude.

Man... I think I'd require a babysitter.

Green laughI Agree!

If you have a problem with your lottery windfall.  I will be taking donations to ease your pain..

What you should do is purchase a customized bench.  You know one with your name on it, and when they sit on it you just say "politely" " Do you see your name on this bench? Thats right, thats my name.  Go sit over there please."

Kumo's avatar - ebDWVf6 jpg?1

United States
                Member #122235
                January 27, 2012
                172 Posts
                Posted: March 2, 2013, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

Probably nothing, famous or not, rich or poor, I'd rather just treat everyone the same.

Bob and Elizabeth Dole once came into the clinic I worked at over in the old WRAMC. While I thought it was really cool that they were there, I did not go out of my way to talk with them, much like any other visitor or patient that was not directly under my care.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. ~Ronald Reagan

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." ~Wolfgang von Goethe

"It's preferable to be harmlessly paranoid than fatally stupid."  ~Anonymous

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                  Member #121745
                  January 16, 2012
                  4954 Posts
                  Posted: March 2, 2013, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I would not say anything other than congratulations.

J'aime La France.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19964 Posts
                    Posted: March 3, 2013, 4:13 am - IP Logged

My $200k win on Powerball five years ago (only $150k after taxes), is pretty much spent.

In the scheme of things, compared to the thousands of jackpot winners, this was merely a few drops in the lottery bucket.

Still a very nice surprise if your not expecting it.   Yes Nod

I Agree!

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: March 3, 2013, 5:22 am - IP Logged

Probably nothing, famous or not, rich or poor, I'd rather just treat everyone the same.

Bob and Elizabeth Dole once came into the clinic I worked at over in the old WRAMC. While I thought it was really cool that they were there, I did not go out of my way to talk with them, much like any other visitor or patient that was not directly under my care.

Bob Dole hit the lottery? I wonder if he also used those DOD supercomputers up in Chayenne Mountain, or did you mean

he hit the lottery by being a spokesperson for erectile dysfunction?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: March 3, 2013, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Bob Dole hit the lottery? I wonder if he also used those DOD supercomputers up in Chayenne Mountain, or did you mean

he hit the lottery by being a spokesperson for erectile dysfunction?

Bob Dole lost the use of his right arm in battle defending his country.

That's what Bob Dole did.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

JAP69's avatar - alas
                          South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #6
                          November 4, 2001
                          8795 Posts
                          Posted: March 3, 2013, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

If I knew what store they frequented it would be my spot to hold out my tin cup and shake it with a few coins in it every time they passed. ROFL

Type