Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Eliminators - The workup hit men.

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 4 years ago by jimmy4164.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
lakerben's avatar - spherewall
New Mexico
United States
Member #86099
January 29, 2010
11119 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2013, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the reply adobea.  You and I don't agree about randomness as it's defined, and the ways it manifests itself [How much elbow-room it's allowed with regard to cyclic behaviors and predictable repititions before it has to surrender the 'randomness' moniker].

I don't happen to believe there's anything random about it, though I'm still open to the possibility I'm wrong.  But one of the tasks I've set for myself during what remains of this lifetime is proving to myself, yea, or nay, whether it's random, and if it's 'random' whether it's still rigidly predictable.

Most of what I've seen thus far over the years suggests to me randomness is a perception.  It's random if a person doesn't know how to predict it.  If the person doesn't know how to predict it, the reason isn't that it isn't predictable, but is because the person's looking in the wrong places, taking the wrong approaches, knowing too much too early, assuming too much from too little observation and data, etc.  Believing too thoroughly in a particular uncertainty principle  so's to have the mind insulated from other possibilities.

But I'm not interested in renewing that conversation.  The acrimony concerning it on the math forum satisfied my needs for such interactions sufficiently to last me a lifetime.

I plod along, try to keep my mind open to what's before my eyes, allow myself to be wrong a lot in hopes if there's anything hidden beneath the rocks it will be worth the effort of seeing and acknowledging it, adopting it, as opposed to ignoring it because I knew ahead of time what isn't.

But that's just me.  I'm not evangelical about it.

Bed

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

United States
    Member #105312
    January 29, 2011
    435 Posts
    Posted: March 5, 2013, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Bed

If you're feeling sleepy lakerben, you could try a mantra using the names of all the 'systems' below your signature, I reckons.  Or you could attempt to memorize all of them so's not to have to keep them close at hand for reference.

Gotta wonder if you suppose there's only room on the forum for one person to post threads, everything else being extraneous and a waste of time.  And that person happening to be the guy with the shout-it-from-rooftops-"Hey everybody!  Look at meeee!" under his signature.

Lots of needy people in this world, I reckons, trying to get attention in more ways than old Horatio ever dreamed. 

I'm enjoying your Hamlet, but I hope you'll redact the last act.

ValidationAll statements made above are accurate, precise, lucid and sometimes supported by factoids written down somewhere.

United States
      Member #116344
      September 8, 2011
      3928 Posts
      Posted: March 5, 2013, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the reply adobea.  You and I don't agree about randomness as it's defined, and the ways it manifests itself [How much elbow-room it's allowed with regard to cyclic behaviors and predictable repititions before it has to surrender the 'randomness' moniker].

I don't happen to believe there's anything random about it, though I'm still open to the possibility I'm wrong.  But one of the tasks I've set for myself during what remains of this lifetime is proving to myself, yea, or nay, whether it's random, and if it's 'random' whether it's still rigidly predictable.

Most of what I've seen thus far over the years suggests to me randomness is a perception.  It's random if a person doesn't know how to predict it.  If the person doesn't know how to predict it, the reason isn't that it isn't predictable, but is because the person's looking in the wrong places, taking the wrong approaches, knowing too much too early, assuming too much from too little observation and data, etc.  Believing too thoroughly in a particular uncertainty principle  so's to have the mind insulated from other possibilities.

But I'm not interested in renewing that conversation.  The acrimony concerning it on the math forum satisfied my needs for such interactions sufficiently to last me a lifetime.

I plod along, try to keep my mind open to what's before my eyes, allow myself to be wrong a lot in hopes if there's anything hidden beneath the rocks it will be worth the effort of seeing and acknowledging it, adopting it, as opposed to ignoring it because I knew ahead of time what isn't.

Thanks for this dialogue. Every dialogue has a missing point that needs to be re-visited

United States
        Member #105312
        January 29, 2011
        435 Posts
        Posted: March 5, 2013, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

adobea:  Most of the points have been beaten to death because there haven't been obvious ways of demonstrating conclusively one was right, the other wrong.  It all became just a not-quite dead horse to be beaten.

I've been fooling around with it a long time and rather than attempt prognosticating outcomes, I'm trying one out on the Prediction Board, 3/8/2013, all Pick 3 lotteries.

Every day, similarly to the individual lotteries experiencing an ebb and flow of particular numbers we each attempt to predict, the numbers weigh heavily in favor of groups of individual digits nationwide.  That, also runs in cycles and appears to repeat itself.  3/8/2013, if I'm reading the timing of the cycles correctly, have a conspicuously high component of the following digits:

0 2 3
        0 2 4
        0 2 5
        0 4 5
        2 3 4
        2 3 5
        2 4 5
        3 4 5
        3 0 5
        3 0 5

I posted a prediction for those groups, all lotteries 3/8/;2013.  I figure to get far enough ahead of the possibility of a luck factor 15 lotteries need to hit one of those combinations.

I might be entirely wrong, I might have the time and interval figured wrong or a few might hit without offering any level of confidence it wasn't luck.

But if 15 of those 56 lotteries draw one of those sets, seems to me [for myself] hanging onto doubt about whether lottery number draws follow some predictable physical rules or laws would be a bit closed-minded.

But I ain't evangelical about it.

ValidationAll statements made above are accurate, precise, lucid and sometimes supported by factoids written down somewhere.

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #86099
          January 29, 2010
          11119 Posts
          Posted: March 5, 2013, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

If you're feeling sleepy lakerben, you could try a mantra using the names of all the 'systems' below your signature, I reckons.  Or you could attempt to memorize all of them so's not to have to keep them close at hand for reference.

Gotta wonder if you suppose there's only room on the forum for one person to post threads, everything else being extraneous and a waste of time.  And that person happening to be the guy with the shout-it-from-rooftops-"Hey everybody!  Look at meeee!" under his signature.

Lots of needy people in this world, I reckons, trying to get attention in more ways than old Horatio ever dreamed. 

I'm enjoying your Hamlet, but I hope you'll redact the last act.

It's reckon, not reckons. Its funny you use slang in such a verbose lengthy paragraph that says nothing. 

I'm here to help and the day I leave then everyone can read endless drivel that helps no one.  If you are so intelligent show us more than just the art of copy/pasting numbers.  I've have written many systems to help everyone that wants to use them . If you are jealous,oh well!

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

United States
            Member #105312
            January 29, 2011
            435 Posts
            Posted: March 6, 2013, 8:11 am - IP Logged

Whatever works best for you lakerben.  For a dashboard savior you do have a nasty streak to you, don't you, Mr. Helperman?  You and I have never exchanged words except on this thread, which you took the trouble to visit and sneer.

It ain't a problem for me.  I've seen 'way too many of your kind this lifetime to satisfy my needs.  I've no investment here.  I give you the forum with my blessings.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              3972 Posts
              Posted: March 6, 2013, 8:43 am - IP Logged

JM

I agree that too many have given up looking because some basic math tool says were wasting our time. 

There was a time that I thought I was well informed but that was many years ago.  Some think they have

become enlightened but I guess they are far ahead of me.  The more I learn seems to show me how little

I know.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: March 6, 2013, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

It's reckon, not reckons. Its funny you use slang in such a verbose lengthy paragraph that says nothing. 

I'm here to help and the day I leave then everyone can read endless drivel that helps no one.  If you are so intelligent show us more than just the art of copy/pasting numbers.  I've have written many systems to help everyone that wants to use them . If you are jealous,oh well!

Do you know what else also says nothing?  Your prediction statistics.

Kola's avatar - image
                  Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                  Member #28945
                  December 25, 2005
                  1528 Posts
                  Posted: March 6, 2013, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!...with everything in your post, especially in the 3rd paragraph. Though I don't think people necessarily look in the "wrong" places, or take the "wrong" approaches. Its a little challenging to qualify "wrong"  with this game. If one dives deep, straight, and long enough, which are the conditionals, even in the wrong places and with the wrong approaches, one could still end up 'off-center, which is infinitely better than way off-center. I somehow feel that all approaches are valid, but our vision tends to subtly contract within a particular approach, instead of expanding within that approach. In essence, missing the forest for the trees. We think we're expanding, but our circle remains fixed. Going in circles is fine, but doing it for too long without the occasional vertical byway may be problematic. Personally I prefer spirals.

As for me, I too see pattern...and randomness, forever remembering that while Pattern can of course move forward and move in retrograde or simply pause,  'Random' is pattern also, moving as its name suggests, in double-time. Wink

May your numbers be true this day,
                  Kola

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #86099
                    January 29, 2010
                    11119 Posts
                    Posted: March 6, 2013, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Do you know what else also says nothing?  Your prediction statistics.

Check the NJ p3 forum  I just  hit two straight in 2 days . .  My systems hit all the time. I used the predictions board once since I've been a member. 

However, I have yet to see any system of yours that is posted for people to use.   All I see in other threads are weird cartoons full of rambling about nothing.

Lovies

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: March 6, 2013, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

lakerben: Statistics Summary    Puke

Summary

StatisticCurrent MonthLast MonthCurrent YearLast YearLifetime
                      Picks0000709
                      Hits00000
                          Hit Ratio0.00%0.00%0.00%0.00%0.00%
                      Winnings$0$0$0$0$0
                          Prize Ratio0.00%0.00%0.00%0.00%

0.00%

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #86099
                        January 29, 2010
                        11119 Posts
                        Posted: March 6, 2013, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

lakerben: Statistics Summary    Puke

Summary

StatisticCurrent MonthLast MonthCurrent YearLast YearLifetime
                        Picks0000709
                        Hits00000
                            Hit Ratio0.00%0.00%0.00%0.00%0.00%
                        Winnings$0$0$0$0$0
                            Prize Ratio0.00%0.00%0.00%0.00%

0.00%

Like I said I only posted once period.  I guess reading isn't your strong suit. 

This is from the NJ p3 forum.   Lets see if you can read this.

Posted: Today, 1:15 pm - IP LoggedReplyFavorites

683 - 138 - 227 - 872 - 221
                        168 - 838 - 332 - 736

183 - 638 - 727 - 372 - 721
                        668 - 338 - 832 - 236

633 - 188 - 277 - 822 - 271
                        118 - 888 - 382 - 786

688 - 133 - 222 - 877 - 226
                        163 - 833 - 337 - 731

Another STR888  236 WTG! Lakerben oh my my

*  Happy St.Patrick's Day *                  

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

United States
                          Member #116344
                          September 8, 2011
                          3928 Posts
                          Posted: March 6, 2013, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Like I said I only posted once period.  I guess reading isn't your strong suit. 

This is from the NJ p3 forum.   Lets see if you can read this.

Posted: Today, 1:15 pm - IP LoggedReplyFavorites

683 - 138 - 227 - 872 - 221
                          168 - 838 - 332 - 736

183 - 638 - 727 - 372 - 721
                          668 - 338 - 832 - 236

633 - 188 - 277 - 822 - 271
                          118 - 888 - 382 - 786

688 - 133 - 222 - 877 - 226
                          163 - 833 - 337 - 731

Another STR888  236 WTG! Lakerben oh my my

*  Happy St.Patrick's Day *                  

Wtg, so you won, who else won, Mr Helper?, hijacking someone's thread with your 'Methods'( I don't call  it a system) of arithmetic tools  'plus, minus, pi , diagonal...... is  lack of civility! . How many plus and minus methods you plan posting daily? Ego-boasting and self-serving completes you, I suppose, then channel it in a right way by posting  PREDICTIONS FOR DISTINCT STATES on the BOARD and stay on your Thread. Playing  38 picks for so called win is laughable.

United States
                            Member #116344
                            September 8, 2011
                            3928 Posts
                            Posted: March 6, 2013, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

adobea:  Most of the points have been beaten to death because there haven't been obvious ways of demonstrating conclusively one was right, the other wrong.  It all became just a not-quite dead horse to be beaten.

I've been fooling around with it a long time and rather than attempt prognosticating outcomes, I'm trying one out on the Prediction Board, 3/8/2013, all Pick 3 lotteries.

Every day, similarly to the individual lotteries experiencing an ebb and flow of particular numbers we each attempt to predict, the numbers weigh heavily in favor of groups of individual digits nationwide.  That, also runs in cycles and appears to repeat itself.  3/8/2013, if I'm reading the timing of the cycles correctly, have a conspicuously high component of the following digits:

0 2 3
                            0 2 4
                            0 2 5
                            0 4 5
                            2 3 4
                            2 3 5
                            2 4 5
                            3 4 5
                            3 0 5
                            3 0 5

I posted a prediction for those groups, all lotteries 3/8/;2013.  I figure to get far enough ahead of the possibility of a luck factor 15 lotteries need to hit one of those combinations.

I might be entirely wrong, I might have the time and interval figured wrong or a few might hit without offering any level of confidence it wasn't luck.

But if 15 of those 56 lotteries draw one of those sets, seems to me [for myself] hanging onto doubt about whether lottery number draws follow some predictable physical rules or laws would be a bit closed-minded.

But I ain't evangelical about it.

Joseph:On my earlier comments, I alluded to  'subsetting' of the Pool(0-9) which is not different from the cycle of draw set towards or in favor certain digits. Some folks  argued that, subsetting changes the odds and many digits of the pool is filtered out , but who says the odds should remain as established  by the rules, nothing prevents me from creating my odds/probabilities in moments(Look at how probability is defined). Now lets take a step back to sequence formation :  the next of sequence 0-2-3-4.........? is pretty obvious, another sequence 0-2-6-8-14-22-36.......? is predictable 'cos you can infer by a formula,  let's up this to pairs:12-36-48-50-61-72.....? this is also predictable, but what about 12-89-11-57-31-21-99-.........? comming out with known formula is a big ?, hence  the concept of randomness. If one can see a pattern in this sequence(Or randomness), then the degree of predictions will be high.I don't think simple add/sub or even historical stats will be sufficient if this concept is not considered. 

New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #86099
                              January 29, 2010
                              11119 Posts
                              Posted: March 6, 2013, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

Wtg, so you won, who else won, Mr Helper?, hijacking someone's thread with your 'Methods'( I don't call  it a system) of arithmetic tools  'plus, minus, pi , diagonal...... is  lack of civility! . How many plus and minus methods you plan posting daily? Ego-boasting and self-serving completes you, I suppose, then channel it in a right way by posting  PREDICTIONS FOR DISTINCT STATES on the BOARD and stay on your Thread. Playing  38 picks for so called win is laughable.

Whats laughable is reading about randomness till the break of dawn.  Does it amount ot anything ?  Nothing but bs.

And, 34 picks at 50 cents a ticket is $17 dollars.  A straight is $500.  So, $483 dollars profit  is laughable?  At $1 a pick its still $466 in profit.  So, two straights from my selection in a row for the NJ posters who played them a net profit of $966.   Thats not random.  I don't care for accolades I'm here to help.  No bs just numbers.

Thumbs Up

How about them cowboys!

US Flag