Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Eliminators - The workup hit men.

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 4 years ago by jimmy4164.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116344
September 8, 2011
3919 Posts
Posted: March 7, 2013, 12:30 am - IP Logged

Whats laughable is reading about randomness till the break of dawn.  Does it amount ot anything ?  Nothing but bs.

And, 34 picks at 50 cents a ticket is $17 dollars.  A straight is $500.  So, $483 dollars profit  is laughable?  At $1 a pick its still $466 in profit.  So, two straights from my selection in a row for the NJ posters who played them a net profit of $966.   Thats not random.  I don't care for accolades I'm here to help.  No bs just numbers.

Thumbs Up

Self-serving and Ego-boasting, do you need to post your 'so called wins', I thought those who benefits from  your so called plus/minus...... methods  should be the testimonies: ATTENTION SEEKER nothing more or less, Post your Predictions for a week for DISTINCT STATES , that's all it takes. Do not start throwing tantrums like elementary school kid by riveting to only foul language you know,this that not augur well, is a sign immaturity. This a  forum to share thoughts and ideals, so keep that in mind or else stay on your thread and don't comments on peoples thread, sorry to the author of this thread, my apology.

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
    New Mexico
    United States
    Member #86099
    January 29, 2010
    11116 Posts
    Posted: March 7, 2013, 12:49 am - IP Logged

Self-serving and Ego-boasting, do you need to post your 'so called wins', I thought those who benefits from  your so called plus/minus...... methods  should be the testimonies: ATTENTION SEEKER nothing more or less, Post your Predictions for a week for DISTINCT STATES , that's all it takes. Do not start throwing tantrums like elementary school kid by riveting to only foul language you know,this that not augur well, is a sign immaturity. This a  forum to share thoughts and ideals, so keep that in mind or else stay on your thread and don't comments on peoples thread, sorry to the author of this thread, my apology.

If anyone is seeking attention its you.  You have made subtle remarks on why other systems don't work and randomness and your key system  is the true way to go.  This is why I respond.  I never had said my systems were the only way to win.  If anyone is immature its you with all this verbage.  People are smart enough to choose on their own.  I posted the wins because you stated 34 bets were laughable.  Reading may help you understand better when you try and refute something. You are confused .  I could care less for the attention.  I enjoy helping people.  That is the only reason why I post anything.  You mention the math and various techniques i use don't meet your standards: so what?  If people have made money that is the name of the game.  So, climb down off your high horse and accept it for what its worth.   This isn't a literary forum to talk prose, its for the lottery.  Its not foul language its the truth.

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

United States
      Member #116344
      September 8, 2011
      3919 Posts
      Posted: March 7, 2013, 1:53 am - IP Logged

If anyone is seeking attention its you.  You have made subtle remarks on why other systems don't work and randomness and your key system  is the true way to go.  This is why I respond.  I never had said my systems were the only way to win.  If anyone is immature its you with all this verbage.  People are smart enough to choose on their own.  I posted the wins because you stated 34 bets were laughable.  Reading may help you understand better when you try and refute something. You are confused .  I could care less for the attention.  I enjoy helping people.  That is the only reason why I post anything.  You mention the math and various techniques i use don't meet your standards: so what?  If people have made money that is the name of the game.  So, climb down off your high horse and accept it for what its worth.   This isn't a literary forum to talk prose, its for the lottery.  Its not foul language its the truth.

You just stay out of my thread if you don't have anything of value or can't hold a civil discussion on any topic.Do you have problem with prose or literature? Remember that  the source of all the plus, minus, pi  ...... that you inadvertenly abused started with assertions, conjectures and logics before  formulated to that sector of mathematics. These reasoning is prose, is poem , is art. I Like civil discussions and debate , devoid of that stay on your thread.

Raleigh, NC
        United States
        Member #135991
        December 1, 2012
        31 Posts
        Posted: March 7, 2013, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for posting this thread JoesphusMinium!  I have found this very useful  being that I can NEVER pick the correct  hit after the numbers are drawn they're staring me straight in my face in my workouts. Now just need to put this to use. Thank you again!

United States
          Member #93947
          July 10, 2010
          2180 Posts
          Posted: March 14, 2013, 2:04 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the reply adobea.  You and I don't agree about randomness as it's defined, and the ways it manifests itself [How much elbow-room it's allowed with regard to cyclic behaviors and predictable repititions before it has to surrender the 'randomness' moniker].

I don't happen to believe there's anything random about it, though I'm still open to the possibility I'm wrong.  But one of the tasks I've set for myself during what remains of this lifetime is proving to myself, yea, or nay, whether it's random, and if it's 'random' whether it's still rigidly predictable.

Most of what I've seen thus far over the years suggests to me randomness is a perception.  It's random if a person doesn't know how to predict it.  If the person doesn't know how to predict it, the reason isn't that it isn't predictable, but is because the person's looking in the wrong places, taking the wrong approaches, knowing too much too early, assuming too much from too little observation and data, etc.  Believing too thoroughly in a particular uncertainty principle  so's to have the mind insulated from other possibilities.

But I'm not interested in renewing that conversation.  The acrimony concerning it on the math forum satisfied my needs for such interactions sufficiently to last me a lifetime.

I plod along, try to keep my mind open to what's before my eyes, allow myself to be wrong a lot in hopes if there's anything hidden beneath the rocks it will be worth the effort of seeing and acknowledging it, adopting it, as opposed to ignoring it because I knew ahead of time what isn't.

But that's just me.  I'm not evangelical about it.

When there is a sense that belief in the beatability of the lottery might be wavering, it's time to resurrect JosephusMinimus!

Here's something for him to nibble on...

Trying To Be Random in Selecting Numbers for Lotto

Brownwood, Tx
            United States
            Member #131150
            August 3, 2012
            63 Posts
            Posted: March 14, 2013, 9:10 am - IP Logged

Lakerben what is your seven day plan?

Kola's avatar - image
              Blundering Time Traveler

United States
              Member #28945
              December 25, 2005
              1527 Posts
              Posted: March 16, 2013, 2:02 am - IP Logged

When there is a sense that belief in the beatability of the lottery might be wavering, it's time to resurrect JosephusMinimus!

Here's something for him to nibble on...

Trying To Be Random in Selecting Numbers for Lotto

Hello jimmy4164,

I appreciate that your posts generally provide good food for thought even though I don't agree with much of it...

Honestly and whimsically speaking, what if you and the others who share your beliefs found out that the lottery was in fact consistently 'beatable'? Could you readily accept the truism that one could regularly "beat" the games in such a way that it trumps what statistical mathematics says is possible? Could your rational mind really accept it, even if the plain truth of it was irrefutable?  Or would you say, " I see it, but I don't believe it anyway" ?

Using the Pick 3 games for example, what in your opinion would be the least acceptable statistically significant winning percentage to warrant an admission that you have been woefully inaccurate about the randomness of the lotteryt? Just curious ...

May your numbers be true this day,

Kola

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

United States
                Member #93947
                July 10, 2010
                2180 Posts
                Posted: March 16, 2013, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

Hello jimmy4164,

I appreciate that your posts generally provide good food for thought even though I don't agree with much of it...

Honestly and whimsically speaking, what if you and the others who share your beliefs found out that the lottery was in fact consistently 'beatable'? Could you readily accept the truism that one could regularly "beat" the games in such a way that it trumps what statistical mathematics says is possible? Could your rational mind really accept it, even if the plain truth of it was irrefutable?  Or would you say, " I see it, but I don't believe it anyway" ?

Using the Pick 3 games for example, what in your opinion would be the least acceptable statistically significant winning percentage to warrant an admission that you have been woefully inaccurate about the randomness of the lotteryt? Just curious ...

Kola

Kola,

You and JosephusMinimus make a good team.  The two of you worked together to try to discredit me in the past, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you would try again.

As for your question about how I would react to a revelation that the lottery is beatable, I'm surprised you would stoop to such conscienceless depths in your dishonest attempts to keep that glimmer of hope alive that the lottery is beatable.  As you well know, the fact that the lottery is NOT beatable has been known from its inception, and is well documented.  It's clear that your reaction to these irrefutable plain truths is,  "I see it, but I don't believe it anyway."  Or is it that you have a vested interest in others remaining in disbelief?

The only appropriate Forum here at Lottery Post for your questions and conjectures is called Mystical.   

--Jimmy4164
                p.s. I won't be reading or responding to your PM.

Kola's avatar - image
                  Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                  Member #28945
                  December 25, 2005
                  1527 Posts
                  Posted: March 16, 2013, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

Kola,

You and JosephusMinimus make a good team.  The two of you worked together to try to discredit me in the past, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you would try again.

As for your question about how I would react to a revelation that the lottery is beatable, I'm surprised you would stoop to such conscienceless depths in your dishonest attempts to keep that glimmer of hope alive that the lottery is beatable.  As you well know, the fact that the lottery is NOT beatable has been known from its inception, and is well documented.  It's clear that your reaction to these irrefutable plain truths is,  "I see it, but I don't believe it anyway."  Or is it that you have a vested interest in others remaining in disbelief?

The only appropriate Forum here at Lottery Post for your questions and conjectures is called Mystical.   

--Jimmy4164
                  p.s. I won't be reading or responding to your PM.

Hello jimmy4164,

Thanks for responding to my post. I think that you may have me confused with someone else, and may have lumped me with all the people with whom you routinely have pointed vigorous exchanges. I think I've only communicated with JosephusMinimus twice. Once in a thread unrelated to you and once in a PM where we exchanged friendly pleasantries. The only time I ever communicated with you was in your "Fooled By Randomness" thread where we posted back and forth a few times. Our exchange in your thread was nice and cordial, and even instructive. I never attacked you, nor did I focus on classifying who you were or your beliefs in any demeaning fashion. I focused on the substance of your thread. To refresh your memory. Here it is: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/218174/1793665.  I don't disagree with the laws of probability. They can't be refuted of course, because they embody mathematical truisms. I only disagree with how its applied and interpreted in many cases. In other words, the laws can bend or be seen from different angles...I was hoping to have another good-natured, and candid exchange with you and my question to you was quite sincere.

When I initially saw that you again had responded in this thread, I eagerly clicked to read your thoughts to my question. As I read your descriptive sentiments above, I was a touch saddened about some of it and how it was expressed. But I'll live. Well, take care and good luck to you.

Kola

p.s. My PM was just to alert you to my question in this thread.

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

United States
                    Member #93947
                    July 10, 2010
                    2180 Posts
                    Posted: March 17, 2013, 2:02 am - IP Logged

Kola, JosephusMinimus, Conscienceless, Et Al,

Smooth.  Very smooth.  I'll pass.

Although it might be difficult for you to post there simultaneously, I think you would be welcomed with open arms in the Mystical Forum.

--Jimmy4164

Kola's avatar - image
                      Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                      Member #28945
                      December 25, 2005
                      1527 Posts
                      Posted: March 17, 2013, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Kola, JosephusMinimus, Conscienceless, Et Al,

Smooth.  Very smooth.  I'll pass.

Although it might be difficult for you to post there simultaneously, I think you would be welcomed with open arms in the Mystical Forum.

--Jimmy4164

Jimmy...Whoa...I don't know what to say to that. Though, thats actually a sweet compliment at the end there - thank you. Even though I've only posted one or twice in the mystical forum in all my time at the LP, I highly respect it. Its close to my heart and even though I'm not too fond of labels, being called a mystic is like calling me by name, and its where I've lived ever since I was a ittle boy. As I can tell by your compliment, my ideas and language can border on the mystical. And yet, I'm also very cerebral with a good science background, so my penchant is to give flesh to the mystical and make it tangible. But the mystical is not mysterious. Its just a 'different' kind of science or science looked at from a different angle. It just honors the other side of your brain too. The right hemisphere. Our task is to bridge the two hemispheres together more synchronously and in a more sustained way. Anyway...

I would say this to you in a PM, but since you won't read them...As one human being to another, be mindful of your mind. Candidly speaking, you are seeing shadows where none exist. And the ones you see may be because the sun is at your back. Turn around and look in the light. It may give you some clarity. There I go again...being 'mystical'. But its one of the best ways to make things resonate being the conscious mind, which doesn't get IT some times. I haven't and will not have a bone to pick with you no matter how hard you work at creating the fiction. It will fail. Utterly. I wish you good luck Jimmy, sincerely...

Kola

United States
                        Member #93947
                        July 10, 2010
                        2180 Posts
                        Posted: March 17, 2013, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

Kola,

I am not in a position to determine whether your remarks are motivated by sincere beliefs or a vested interest in profits extracted from lottery players.  In either case, by encouraging people to doubt mathematically sound, proven principals, you nurture the environment which infects additional victims with the plague of innumeracy.  To me, this is dangerous.

--Jimmy4164

Kola's avatar - image
                          Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                          Member #28945
                          December 25, 2005
                          1527 Posts
                          Posted: March 18, 2013, 1:57 am - IP Logged

Kola,

I am not in a position to determine whether your remarks are motivated by sincere beliefs or a vested interest in profits extracted from lottery players.  In either case, by encouraging people to doubt mathematically sound, proven principals, you nurture the environment which infects additional victims with the plague of innumeracy.  To me, this is dangerous.

--Jimmy4164

Jimmy4164,

"Profits extracted from lottery..."? What are you talking about?  Yes, its true you wouldn't know if my comments were sincere or otherwise, and so I appreciate that your're now a little less heavy-handed with your assumptions. Well just a wee little -  lol.  I do respect your response above though, but your conclusion is inaccurate. I would not deter people from what I too believe are the same mathematically sound principals you espouse. Those principals are iron clad. I just also believe that there are other creative or expansive ways of looking at the lottery while using very sound math to support it if one so chooses. These mathematically sound principals on the one hand, and the more expansive ways of looking at the lottery on the other, are not dissonant and can be reconciled. Let's not run the risk of calling something unsound without any experience of that thing, because while many of us have seen a lot, we can still keep our cups half-empty because none of us have the capacity to see it all...

When I look at the world around me and consider the Statistics of Being that all of Nature from microbes to planets and from the animate to the inanimate could be all that it is with all the inherent 'complexities' that it embodies, I know that the way we use ODDS is flawed. Not wholly wrong, just flawed sometimes. Nature is not immune to those odds and yet has functioned with 'precision' for millions of years despite what the ODDS would suggest. Nature has functioned 'outside' of the odds by functioning 'within' them. Its kind of like considering the fact that between the range of 0 and 1 there are an infinite amount of numbers; Seemingly two realities co-existing. The same is true with the lottery, one can function within the odds by default, and yet at the same time function outside of them by design. Again, its reconcilable.  Take care Jimmy.

Kola

United States
                            Member #93947
                            July 10, 2010
                            2180 Posts
                            Posted: March 18, 2013, 11:47 am - IP Logged

Kola,

I said Lottery Players, not Lottery.

"Nature is not immune to those odds and yet has functioned with 'precision' for millions of years despite what the ODDS would suggest."

This is the core of your false narrative.  Nature has been, and still is, functioning 'precisely' as the ODDS suggest.

People here have paid upwards of $300 for useless software because they believe it gives them a better chance to become rich than those who don't buy the software.  I'm sure these people would greatly appreciate your contribution if you would show them how your mystical thinking " 'outside' of the odds by functioning 'within' them" can help them design a Lotto system that reliably supplements their income.  I don't expect that you can.

All you are doing here is attempting to keep alive that faint glimmer of hope among some that the lottery can be harnessed for profit.  I don't view this as an admirable endeavor.

And I am not really interested in reading any more of your valueless Purple Prose.

--Jimmy4164

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                              Economy class
                              Belgium
                              Member #123700
                              February 27, 2012
                              4035 Posts
                              Posted: March 18, 2013, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

With elimination it is very simple, you risk to eliminate a few numbers that will be drawn.

If you follow a system that is going forward on after number x, number y must follow, you narrowed your selection, nothing more than that.

Using principles of randomness, you might get problems with predicting. The number of possible combinations is very high and the payout low. Comparing some roulette machine with roulette tables, you just might see a difference where random math does not stick anymore. The problem can be the same for the lottery games. I often say, just stick to one game, at least you will be familiar to that one. If the coin is good, that doesn't mean that you won't flip ten times head. Some arms just might flip twenty times head in a row. As a gambler once said, you have got to play something.