Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Eliminators - The workup hit men.

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 4 years ago by jimmy4164.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116344
September 8, 2011
3919 Posts
Posted: March 18, 2013, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

With elimination it is very simple, you risk to eliminate a few numbers that will be drawn.

If you follow a system that is going forward on after number x, number y must follow, you narrowed your selection, nothing more than that.

Using principles of randomness, you might get problems with predicting. The number of possible combinations is very high and the payout low. Comparing some roulette machine with roulette tables, you just might see a difference where random math does not stick anymore. The problem can be the same for the lottery games. I often say, just stick to one game, at least you will be familiar to that one. If the coin is good, that doesn't mean that you won't flip ten times head. Some arms just might flip twenty times head in a row. As a gambler once said, you have got to play something.

The concept of randomness can not be discarded when you are predicting.

Kola's avatar - image
    Blundering Time Traveler

United States
    Member #28945
    December 25, 2005
    1527 Posts
    Posted: March 18, 2013, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Kola,

I said Lottery Players, not Lottery.

"Nature is not immune to those odds and yet has functioned with 'precision' for millions of years despite what the ODDS would suggest."

This is the core of your false narrative.  Nature has been, and still is, functioning 'precisely' as the ODDS suggest.

People here have paid upwards of $300 for useless software because they believe it gives them a better chance to become rich than those who don't buy the software.  I'm sure these people would greatly appreciate your contribution if you would show them how your mystical thinking " 'outside' of the odds by functioning 'within' them" can help them design a Lotto system that reliably supplements their income.  I don't expect that you can.

All you are doing here is attempting to keep alive that faint glimmer of hope among some that the lottery can be harnessed for profit.  I don't view this as an admirable endeavor.

And I am not really interested in reading any more of your valueless Purple Prose.

--Jimmy4164

Jimmy4164,

As I anxiously watch the Sands of Time flow down the Hourglass of my Life, I'm gonna spend a little bit more time with this, especially because others may find it mildly interesting. 

I mentioned above that nature did function within those odds. No false narrative here. But it also functions  outside of them at the same time. I think you may not be able to reconcile how these two can exist in tandem, because it may be a new concept to you. We often use mathematical probabilities in mainly a linear fashion. Although valid, it may be incomplete. The way many use it in the lottery for instance, as far as the odds of winning and profit are concerned, is also valid and useful, but also incomplete.  Usually people in any discipline focus on the quantity of a thing when considering the odds and disregard the quality of that thing. When dealing with numbers its good to consider both, because using both essences is part and parcel of looking at the Whole of any thing. Everything. Even the lottery. We used to do so once upon a time, and there are some people in all disciplines and even some mathematicians who thankfully still do.

If you liken numbers to words, the Quantities of Number would be like the rigid consonants and the Qualities of Number are like the flexible and expressive vowels. Using my preceding post's example, this can readily be seen in the more familiar mathematical truism that there lies between the rigid range of numbers between 0 and 1,  a flexible and ever-expanding infinity of numbers. Again, we know that these two seemingly separate realities do co-exist. I encourage you to explore it, as it may have much to teach, as you continue using mathematical probabilities to dictate your behavior in the lottery games.

What motivated me to start a good-natured dialogue(or rather monologue as it turns out -lol) with you, is highlighted in my original post asking you what your criteria would be for having the kind of success in lottery games, such as the Pick 3, beyond what the odds would dictate. If you had posted your criteria, I was just wondering what you'd say if someone could prove the contrary. I know, I know. Your thoughts comfortably remain immovably circumscribed within the circle of that impossibility ...Thanks for tolerating my, as you colorfully put it, Purple Prose. You have an artist's sensibilities. Nice. Be well Jimmy. I wish you the best...

May your numbers be true this day,

Kola

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

United States
      Member #93947
      July 10, 2010
      2180 Posts
      Posted: March 19, 2013, 3:45 am - IP Logged

Kola,

"What motivated me to start a good-natured dialogue(or rather monologue as it turns out -lol) with you, is highlighted in my original post asking you what your criteria would be for having the kind of success in lottery games, such as the Pick 3, beyond what the odds would dictate."

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/247020/2850041

What you perceive to be 'outside' is comprehended by the 'inside.'

--Jimmy4164

Kola's avatar - image
        Blundering Time Traveler

United States
        Member #28945
        December 25, 2005
        1527 Posts
        Posted: March 19, 2013, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Kola,

"What motivated me to start a good-natured dialogue(or rather monologue as it turns out -lol) with you, is highlighted in my original post asking you what your criteria would be for having the kind of success in lottery games, such as the Pick 3, beyond what the odds would dictate."

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/247020/2850041

What you perceive to be 'outside' is comprehended by the 'inside.'

--Jimmy4164

Thanks Jimmy,

I read and understood it...As per your link, the focus of my comments were directed on those few 75 winners or rather on Uncle Craig, who represent the few who were able to maintain a winning percentage after five years. Yes, of course its the normal distribution of randomness...if one chooses randomly. You see, the simulations are accurate, but to me they are still lumbering giants that reduce the thing that is being analyzed to flat 2-dimensional quantities. We should be curious to ask Uncle Craig about the quality of his methodology. When one picks randomly, and even if one is a "good predictor", its true that they too will usually fall to randomness. But randomness doesn't mean chaotic. We always assume it does.  Its just means that the pattern is more challenging to see because our tools of seeing "All of thing"  are limited, and depending on the vehicle or tool you use to do the seeing, it can be impossibly limiting. If you look at the technology in all fields, there are things that were disbelieved in the past, or not properly understood, because they were not properly seen. The tools they had, including their own brains at times, were not refined enough at that moment in time to more completely see the thing being analyzed. We know this is true. Its true even now when we look at the lottery. Our tools are good, but again flawed, and since we have limited seeing, we mostly see chaos. To me everything has a flaw, but to me flaw doesn't mean broken, it just means 'its still becoming' or 'in the process of'

We know lottery are wonderfully designed games to simulate chaos and it does a decent job, but its flawed. Mathematical statistics needs to lean on quantum physics a little. Potential chaos collapses in the consciousness of time. Imagine  the Wheel of Time with 12 doors that represent each hour of the clock and this Wheel circumscribes 12 potentialities, but when one door opens at a certain hour all other potentialities collapse. Now another door opens at another time, and by virtue of its existence its already linked with the first door. Now a rhythm, a polarity has been created. The lottery games are held at a specific time everyday like clockwork. That, among other things, is the first reason why the lottery is predictable. I won't go too deep into this but, when the balls fall at a the same time from day to day you create a sympathetic resonance with similar or like objects. This science in general is known. And the balls are numbered, and thankfully that's the second big reason why the lottery is predictable. How can we say the balls don't know they are numbered? I won't go into it, but speak to any qualified quantum physicist and put those doubts to rest. Numbered balls are just energy. Aren't they? EVERYTHING is energy and therefore a field of specific information. Look at the word information for a clue. InForm is part of the word in-form-at-ion.   Form is the geometric shape. A ball with a form of 2 instead of a 1, says something altogether different. And an ion is a charged particle. Thus geometric form is energy in motion, and so a ball thats numbered 2 as oppososed to 1, transmits specific information. This science is old. So again, numbers can begin to be defined not just by the quantities, but also by their qualities, which are again fields of energy...of information. How we say we know and believe this science, and yet lay it down when we look at the lottery. You can coveniently lay it down. Its all connected, and so we should learn how to use it. If you do, the lottery will not seem as random...

To playfully muse, lets look at PI and PHI, the two transcendental numbers that are said to have no definite pattern. Well thats not totally accurate. PI and PHI got caught in the Wheel of Time, and being that nature couldn't accurately qualify what it means for a number that has no pattern to go on forever in a world where things are born, grow, decay and die, it did the most perfect job it could do to describe it. As highlighted here:

PI - 3.14159265358

PHI - 1.6180339887

But PI and PHI don't represent really represent chaos, because we know the definite pattern at least a few digits to the left of the decimals and at least a few digits to the right of the decimal. The numbers to the right of the decimals can be likened to a 'Pythgorean Comma'(Explore what that means for it may be useful). So if these "mighty" numbers have a pattern, how much more the lowly lottery? 

The heart of word is often in its word. And so it goes I like to think RANdom is just pattern moving quickly.

Kola

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

United States
          Member #93947
          July 10, 2010
          2180 Posts
          Posted: March 20, 2013, 2:38 am - IP Logged

I'm sure a lot of people here would like to know how they might employ this philosophy in their number selection processes.  However, I'm afraid the state of our 'limited tools' forces you into the mystical realm with this because I know of no way of applying them to it.  I believe traditional probability theory and computer simulations and back-tests are sufficient for answering most of the questions people ask about lottery games.

Evolutionary theory does a good job of explaining most of the changes in the universe on 'Our Side' of the 'Big Bang' but it falls short when it comes to telling us what [is/was?] on the 'Other Side' of the 'Big Bang.'  You're looking toward the 'Other Side' and I don't think this site is your best bet for research.  Here's a site you might find interesting:

http://phys.org/news98015219.html

Be sure to read the comments at the end and take particular note of the Lottery result in the graph. The links on the right hand side of the page are current.

Kola's avatar - image
            Blundering Time Traveler

United States
            Member #28945
            December 25, 2005
            1527 Posts
            Posted: March 20, 2013, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the link Jimmy. It was a good article and the comments at the end are noteworthy. The last comment given seems a bit simplistic on the face of it, but I'll give it a fair turnover. The article reminded me of member Thoths' good LP thread entitled "Benford's Law and the Lottery". His thread was inspired by WIN D's posting about Benford's Law. The thread focused on analyzing skips and hits. Here it is: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/148025

Traditional probability theory and computer simulations are those lumbering giants I spoke of that measure quantity and not the quality of a whats being analyzed. Yes, as you say, they are sufficient to answer many people's questions about the lottery, but these questions often times may not deal with quality of whats at play in the lottery.

You mentioned that in regards to incorporating my philosophy in the number selection process, "the state of our 'limited tools' forces you into the mystical realm with this because I know of no way of applying them to it".           This is not really true. First its as much science as it is philosophy and mysticism, because there are unifying or common principles. My assertions don't violate the "rules" of science and math. Second, my selection process is not exclusive to me, because people do it all the time in bits and pieces in various ways and in varying degrees. Third, maybe you have no way of applying these assertions because you haven't studied working and thinking in this way. Sit with it for a spell and see what pops up...

I always assert that when numbers are being incorporated in any form or fashion they are doing the best to give you a good idea of the processes involved in any endeavor from corner store transactions to stocks/bonds to even the lottery. Our tools will help tell the story. Tools could be a computer simulation, a Pick 3 pencil and paper rundown, and even an intutive feeling. And depending on especially how their used, they all will expand or limit the information numbers try to communicate. We all know this. For example lets look at the number constant,  Pi  I mentioned in my preceding post. We know its a number that goes on "forever": 3.14159265358.....And so on.  The numeric design of PI is trying to communicate to us that Pi is "immortal" and goes on forever and the numbers to the right of the decimal do a wonderful job of describing that 'immortality' because they certainly do run forever, we assume, into infinity. That's the quality in this numerical dynamic, and giving you clues about its intrinsic nature. Nothing mystical here per se, at least for the purposes of my point. What I presented is quite plain...

Lets deal with the lottery specifically. Lets say in the Pick 3, for a particular state,  a midday draw and an evening draw is held. What does that represent to you? A computer simulation may give you stats, and hot-cold numbers and etc... That's all good and well. But lets keep it even more basic. What has been created by those 2 Pick 3 draws? Those 2 events. Those 2 points in time. Simply put: A LINE. A line is the shortest distance between to points. When a third draw is held you have a triangle. When you draw a line between any 3 points in space-time it makes a binding triangle. This well known mathemtical archetype communicates all sorts dynamics. This is simple grade school geometry that we all know. It highlights the quality of the processes in action, and it does have applications. Its left to us to apply it. There's a lot more to talk about with this, but its just to give a flavor of how we can imbue what we are seeing, and not just using geometry or even math, but using things from different disciplines. It all connects. You can use 'timeless' principals from most anywhere. Even evolutionary biology...Anyway...

You mentioned, Evolutionary theory does a good job of explaining most of the changes in the universe on 'Our Side' of the 'Big Bang' but it falls short when it comes to telling us what [is/was?] on the 'Other Side' of the 'Big Bang.'  You're looking toward the 'Other Side'. I'm looking at my side, your side, 'Our Side', and trying to see as much as I can. Its there for the seeing, if we relax our strong biases, at least initially, and keep it simple while looking at the lottery, for example, like a child would. I often remind myself to see, interpret and explain things to myself as I would to a little child. And then I scale it upward. It helps..

Thanks for the web link.

United States
              Member #93947
              July 10, 2010
              2180 Posts
              Posted: March 21, 2013, 2:48 am - IP Logged

Kola,

The first comment at Phys on Benford is my opinion as well.  I thought you might have been interested in other issues under discussion there. http://phys.org/

You said, "I always assert that when numbers are being incorporated in any form or fashion they are doing the best to give you a good idea of the processes involved in any endeavor from corner store transactions to stocks/bonds to even the lottery. Our tools will help tell the story. Tools could be a computer simulation, a Pick 3 pencil and paper rundown, and even an intutive feeling."

I understand.

You also said,"Sit with it for a spell and see what pops up..."

Thanks.  I will.

--Jimmy4164

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: March 21, 2013, 4:00 am - IP Logged

The concept of randomness can not be discarded when you are predicting.

HippyI Agree!I Agree!I Agree!Hippy

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: March 21, 2013, 5:00 am - IP Logged

With elimination it is very simple, you risk to eliminate a few numbers that will be drawn.

If you follow a system that is going forward on after number x, number y must follow, you narrowed your selection, nothing more than that.

Using principles of randomness, you might get problems with predicting. The number of possible combinations is very high and the payout low. Comparing some roulette machine with roulette tables, you just might see a difference where random math does not stick anymore. The problem can be the same for the lottery games. I often say, just stick to one game, at least you will be familiar to that one. If the coin is good, that doesn't mean that you won't flip ten times head. Some arms just might flip twenty times head in a row. As a gambler once said, you have got to play something.

What is random?

Thinking of...

djjimmyray2007's avatar - ummm

United States
                    Member #97394
                    September 16, 2010
                    14 Posts
                    Posted: March 21, 2013, 9:24 am - IP Logged

I was wondering if you could explain your system in detail, so that I could undertand it...TRUST ME when I say this....Alot of people that come out with thier systems NEVER.....EEEEEVVVVER explain how they work...They just talk in riddles and riddles, and riddles, and riddles, and riddles....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! S-P-E-A-K  E-N-G-L-I-S-H.....and PLEASE!!!!!!BE SIMPLE ABOUT IT I WOULD SOO BE THANKFUL...I quit asking other people...because all I get is complete sarcasm!!! You could get lost and give up VVVVERY EASY TRYING TO INTERPET SOME OF THESE STRATEGIES...i GOT BLASTED AND BASICLY INTIMIDATED BY POSTING MY SYSTEM...AND ALL I WAS TRYING TO DO"WAS HELP"...i would appreciate if you could help me with your system.Smile

Kola's avatar - image
                      Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                      Member #28945
                      December 25, 2005
                      1527 Posts
                      Posted: March 21, 2013, 10:26 am - IP Logged

Kola,

The first comment at Phys on Benford is my opinion as well.  I thought you might have been interested in other issues under discussion there. http://phys.org/

You said, "I always assert that when numbers are being incorporated in any form or fashion they are doing the best to give you a good idea of the processes involved in any endeavor from corner store transactions to stocks/bonds to even the lottery. Our tools will help tell the story. Tools could be a computer simulation, a Pick 3 pencil and paper rundown, and even an intutive feeling."

I understand.

You also said,"Sit with it for a spell and see what pops up..."

Thanks.  I will.

--Jimmy4164

Jimmy,

I am very interested in those multidisciplinary subjects under discussion, and really appreciate alerting me to the site's existence...

As far as highlighting 'intuitive feeling' and saying "I understand"...You're too funny! But don't dismiss it so readily. You can look at it scientifically if you want. Its just a feedback loop being broadcast or being processed through you, and it has its own mechanisms that you may not understand. But thats another discussion for the another day.

Good luck to you Jimmy. Thanks for engaging.

Kola

United States
                        Member #93947
                        July 10, 2010
                        2180 Posts
                        Posted: March 21, 2013, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

Good luck to you too Kola,

I'm looking forward to any tools you might eventually publish here, whether they involve intuition or not.  There are many here who seem happiest when they believe they have an edge over the rest of us, and you do give them hope, definitely, maybe.

--Jimmy4164

Krypton
                          United States
                          Member #140102
                          March 11, 2013
                          891 Posts
                          Posted: March 25, 2013, 9:19 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the reply adobea.  You and I don't agree about randomness as it's defined, and the ways it manifests itself [How much elbow-room it's allowed with regard to cyclic behaviors and predictable repititions before it has to surrender the 'randomness' moniker].

I don't happen to believe there's anything random about it, though I'm still open to the possibility I'm wrong.  But one of the tasks I've set for myself during what remains of this lifetime is proving to myself, yea, or nay, whether it's random, and if it's 'random' whether it's still rigidly predictable.

Most of what I've seen thus far over the years suggests to me randomness is a perception.  It's random if a person doesn't know how to predict it.  If the person doesn't know how to predict it, the reason isn't that it isn't predictable, but is because the person's looking in the wrong places, taking the wrong approaches, knowing too much too early, assuming too much from too little observation and data, etc.  Believing too thoroughly in a particular uncertainty principle  so's to have the mind insulated from other possibilities.

But I'm not interested in renewing that conversation.  The acrimony concerning it on the math forum satisfied my needs for such interactions sufficiently to last me a lifetime.

I plod along, try to keep my mind open to what's before my eyes, allow myself to be wrong a lot in hopes if there's anything hidden beneath the rocks it will be worth the effort of seeing and acknowledging it, adopting it, as opposed to ignoring it because I knew ahead of time what isn't.

But that's just me.  I'm not evangelical about it.

Good explanation and I couldn't agree with you more!

Krypton
                            United States
                            Member #140102
                            March 11, 2013
                            891 Posts
                            Posted: March 25, 2013, 9:30 am - IP Logged

Kola,

You and JosephusMinimus make a good team.  The two of you worked together to try to discredit me in the past, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you would try again.

As for your question about how I would react to a revelation that the lottery is beatable, I'm surprised you would stoop to such conscienceless depths in your dishonest attempts to keep that glimmer of hope alive that the lottery is beatable.  As you well know, the fact that the lottery is NOT beatable has been known from its inception, and is well documented.  It's clear that your reaction to these irrefutable plain truths is,  "I see it, but I don't believe it anyway."  Or is it that you have a vested interest in others remaining in disbelief?

The only appropriate Forum here at Lottery Post for your questions and conjectures is called Mystical.   

--Jimmy4164
                            p.s. I won't be reading or responding to your PM.

Wait a minute. If the lottery is not beatable then how do all those people win millions of dollars buying tickets ?  Hmmm

United States
                              Member #93947
                              July 10, 2010
                              2180 Posts
                              Posted: March 25, 2013, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Wait a minute. If the lottery is not beatable then how do all those people win millions of dollars buying tickets ?  Hmmm

I'll assume you are joking here because your previous posts indicate you probably know the difference between "beating" the lottery and "winning" the lottery.  Did I assume correctly?