Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5305 replies. Last post 12 hours ago by speeddmon.

Page 25 of 354
PrintE-mailLink
orlando,fl
United States
Member #89879
April 17, 2010
134 Posts
Posted: May 19, 2014, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Bought 5 straight gold rush today after work. 000-004. ALL LOSERS. I WAS SO MAD. I figured I would at least win my money back because I've won $500 on 001 and I know people that have won $500 on low numbers. I'm never buying a scratch off again.

Yeah don't believe the hype on early number tickets. I got a few 000 & 001 cause of the same reason and rarely won. Just random luck, unless you're a lottery vendor apparently lol.

Jacksonville
    United States
    Member #153806
    March 26, 2014
    345 Posts
    Posted: May 21, 2014, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

Yeah don't believe the hype on early number tickets. I got a few 000 & 001 cause of the same reason and rarely won. Just random luck, unless you're a lottery vendor apparently lol.

Since I have been having relatively bad luck recently with Super Millions (6 losers in a row over the past 2 weeks), I decided to buy the old $20 Lucky $200K for Life.  I usually have good luck with the end of the roll vs the beginning.  So when I noticed there were only the last 5 tickets left (#45-49) I bought all five (which I almost never do because it usually results in an ugly loss).

The result:

#45:  $20 winner

#46:  $20 winner

#47:  $20 winner

#48:  $30 winner

#49:  loser

So I defied the odds by getting 4 out of 5 winners but still ended down $10.  It would have been nice if even one of the winners was significant.

nerdycharlie's avatar - vw8o
      I'm a FEMALE :)
      United States
      Member #152689
      February 22, 2014
      1979 Posts
      Posted: May 30, 2014, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Bought a 6 of the new Chili Pepper Tripler.

Last two tickets #67 - $15 Winner and #68 - WINALL symbol $10 WINNER.

Thought I would have hit a $100 winner on it, lol.

Oh well, $25 win isn't so bad, lol.

Follow Trends & Patterns

823 111 605 815 228 128 724 908

1128 1990 1190 0823 2011 1228 0815

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
        Jacksonville Florida
        United States
        Member #23018
        October 6, 2005
        918 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2014, 1:20 am - IP Logged

New Gold Rush Probably Coming Soon

The latest Florida Lottery Flamingo Forum questionnaire asked for input on new Gold Rush ticket designs. This probably means a new Gold Rush later this year. Other questions involved holiday lottery scratch ticket designs...

Miami, Florida
          United States
          Member #111795
          June 2, 2011
          581 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2014, 8:58 am - IP Logged

New Gold Rush Probably Coming Soon

The latest Florida Lottery Flamingo Forum questionnaire asked for input on new Gold Rush ticket designs. This probably means a new Gold Rush later this year. Other questions involved holiday lottery scratch ticket designs...

Thanks for the heads up, I saw there was a new survey available but haven't done it yet. Additionally, I think we regular players should make a concerted effort to write the lottery and demand the odds for the $500 level are in line with previous Gold Rush games, and express our discontent for the worsening of odds for the newer games they have released.

SARASOTA, FL
            United States
            Member #95778
            August 17, 2010
            1093 Posts
            Posted: May 31, 2014, 10:13 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the heads up, I saw there was a new survey available but haven't done it yet. Additionally, I think we regular players should make a concerted effort to write the lottery and demand the odds for the $500 level are in line with previous Gold Rush games, and express our discontent for the worsening of odds for the newer games they have released.

Hey Jim - I want to take the survey - what do I do ?? Thanks bud.

Miami, Florida
              United States
              Member #111795
              June 2, 2011
              581 Posts
              Posted: May 31, 2014, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Hey Jim - I want to take the survey - what do I do ?? Thanks bud.

Ed, hey man. They email them, I don't recall exactly how it goes-- but if you go to the FL lottery website and create an account, I think they will just automatically email you updates. Take a look at the site and create an account, and there's probably an option to sign up for email announcements, etc... 

We should all email them anyway and tell them we will boycott if the odds are anywhere near as bad as the other games.

SARASOTA, FL
                United States
                Member #95778
                August 17, 2010
                1093 Posts
                Posted: May 31, 2014, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

Ed, hey man. They email them, I don't recall exactly how it goes-- but if you go to the FL lottery website and create an account, I think they will just automatically email you updates. Take a look at the site and create an account, and there's probably an option to sign up for email announcements, etc... 

We should all email them anyway and tell them we will boycott if the odds are anywhere near as bad as the other games.

Jim - I have an account with Florida Lottery and just now check marked the box to be contacted for upcoming new game info etc ....... I also wrote a nice note to the lottery asking to please keep the same odds for the upcoming new Gold Rush game as current and previous ....... we'll see what happens when it happens ............. stuck around the counter for a little while this morning at Publix watching people buy and cash in their scratchers - in a space of about 5 minutes !!  I saw one SM $500 - one $500 MONO and a $500 GRT all bought and cashed while I was there, from either the machine or counter ........ I still havn't bought any ....... boy that's a bunch of winners in a short period of time to see !!!!

Jacksonville
                  United States
                  Member #153806
                  March 26, 2014
                  345 Posts
                  Posted: June 1, 2014, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Jim - I have an account with Florida Lottery and just now check marked the box to be contacted for upcoming new game info etc ....... I also wrote a nice note to the lottery asking to please keep the same odds for the upcoming new Gold Rush game as current and previous ....... we'll see what happens when it happens ............. stuck around the counter for a little while this morning at Publix watching people buy and cash in their scratchers - in a space of about 5 minutes !!  I saw one SM $500 - one $500 MONO and a $500 GRT all bought and cashed while I was there, from either the machine or counter ........ I still havn't bought any ....... boy that's a bunch of winners in a short period of time to see !!!!

I am glad someone else is paying attention to this.  I am going to send a letter as well.  I think the record ticket sales and the Florida Lottery's desire to grow in a saturated and mature market is making them cut corners.  The overall prize structures are inferior to older games and top prizes are now being paid over 25 years instead of 20 years in order to lower the lump sum payouts.  Basically, they are nickeling and diming us to death to squeeze every bit of profit out of the games.  They can do so because they are getting records sales and there are no consequences if people keep buying tickets anyways.

Tampa, Fl
                    United States
                    Member #136502
                    December 12, 2012
                    110 Posts
                    Posted: June 1, 2014, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

I absolutely cannot believe my luck just now.

nerdycharlie's avatar - vw8o
                      I'm a FEMALE :)
                      United States
                      Member #152689
                      February 22, 2014
                      1979 Posts
                      Posted: June 1, 2014, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Congrats, RISKY ! Was this a one and done ticket? Or did you buy several at a time?

Follow Trends & Patterns

823 111 605 815 228 128 724 908

1128 1990 1190 0823 2011 1228 0815

Miami, Florida
                        United States
                        Member #111795
                        June 2, 2011
                        581 Posts
                        Posted: June 1, 2014, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

That is absolutely awesome! Wow! That's a beautiful win! You have to be on cloud 9, congrats! That's really cool, thanks for posting for all to see. Wow, congrats again!

Tampa, Fl
                          United States
                          Member #136502
                          December 12, 2012
                          110 Posts
                          Posted: June 1, 2014, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

It was just the one ticket I bought after I cashed in a  10 dollar winner leaving me 5 bucks to get something small to eat.  I showed the clerk and he photocopied it to hang on the wall and I bought the guy I was in line with who was happy for me  his gas and a scratch-off.

And thanks guys, I really needed this to pay for RN school in August.  Looks like I won't have to take out a student loan after all.  I still can't believe it I feel like throwing up.

green sandals's avatar - bxvg
                            Costa Mesa
                            United States
                            Member #150634
                            December 27, 2013
                            157 Posts
                            Posted: June 1, 2014, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

Way to go, Risky!! Hurray!

Pasadena, CA
                              United States
                              Member #153326
                              March 13, 2014
                              186 Posts
                              Posted: June 2, 2014, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Congratulations, Risky! Spend--or save--it wisely. How much of that does Uncle Sam take out?

Page 25 of 354