Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you won MM/PB: would you allow a trusted family member to sign for you?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 4 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7314 Posts
Posted: April 24, 2013, 12:28 am - IP Logged

Stack- Key word...... " her ticket"

I don't know and can only go by what I read.

"Last year's Mega Millions statement about the winning ticket said, "It was actually Orender's mother, Etta Urquhart, who took his $2 and bought two Mega Millions tickets at Stuarts Oak Street Mobil in Bakersfield."

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/245837

Whomever really owned that ticket should make anyone stop and think before "allowing a trusted family member to sign".

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7314 Posts
    Posted: April 24, 2013, 12:51 am - IP Logged

i didn't read that whole story but i just wondering how someone could do that to their mom, shoot that mom would probably gave her boy anything he wanted very sad.

Apparently she didn't like how he was spending his, hers, or their (pick one) money and sued him.

They settled out of court and probably one of those strange stories we'll never hear what really happened.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4108 Posts
      Posted: April 24, 2013, 12:55 am - IP Logged

I don't know and can only go by what I read.

"Last year's Mega Millions statement about the winning ticket said, "It was actually Orender's mother, Etta Urquhart, who took his $2 and bought two Mega Millions tickets at Stuarts Oak Street Mobil in Bakersfield."

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/245837

Whomever really owned that ticket should make anyone stop and think before "allowing a trusted family member to sign".

Stack- l did not post this question with this case in mind.l just thought that there is a possibility that this could happen to any lottery winner. For instance- what if one won the Lottery and had a " major stroke"- heaven forbid.Sure you have an entire year to collect, but the money could come in handy right now,Think of the Hospital bills, Convalescence- the works. You know that its gonna add up, problem is: One cannot sign- so who does? Obviously someone whom you can trust or does one say " back off family- l am going to ride this baby out- no one touch my ticket".Angry

NY
        United States
        Member #23835
        October 16, 2005
        3474 Posts
        Posted: April 24, 2013, 1:25 am - IP Logged

Answer: you injured your hand & fingers on the job.You asking a "trusted" family member Not unless you feel there is no such thing as a trusted family member.
        Its been said " Money reveals the true nature of a person".if you can't trust family whose left?-answer that.

Don't you mean all of your limbs were severed, and every orifice in your body closed up? How hard is it to hold a pen or pencil and make an X?

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3300 Posts
          Posted: April 24, 2013, 3:36 am - IP Logged

if i won the 1 way flight to mars, and  while on my way won the lotto. i still would have doubts letting my family sign.  but then that about ccoveres my only situation i see me allowing it.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
            Nova Scotia
            Canada
            Member #9934
            December 27, 2004
            884 Posts
            Posted: April 24, 2013, 3:57 am - IP Logged

No  I would not trust a family member or anybody else for that matter with a winning ticket. I know better. I am adopted and wouldn't trust my adoptive nephew who lives with me, as far as I can throw him.. He is too <snip> greedy..

That is why I am looking for another place to live.

I would  sign the ticket first, which I do as soon as I buy one, and cash in the ticket, not right away though, and finally get my life moving in the right direction..

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: April 24, 2013, 6:51 am - IP Logged

Answer: you injured your hand & fingers on the job.You asking a "trusted" family member Not unless you feel there is no such thing as a trusted family member.
              Its been said " Money reveals the true nature of a person".if you can't trust family whose left?-answer that.

Answer money changes the most trusted person in your life....even if I couldnt use one hand I'd use the other...I'd stick a pen between my toes if Id had to....You cant trust people in situations that they'd never been in before...You dont know how they will act

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40515 Posts
                Posted: April 24, 2013, 7:47 am - IP Logged

No, why play?

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7314 Posts
                  Posted: April 24, 2013, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

Stack- l did not post this question with this case in mind.l just thought that there is a possibility that this could happen to any lottery winner. For instance- what if one won the Lottery and had a " major stroke"- heaven forbid.Sure you have an entire year to collect, but the money could come in handy right now,Think of the Hospital bills, Convalescence- the works. You know that its gonna add up, problem is: One cannot sign- so who does? Obviously someone whom you can trust or does one say " back off family- l am going to ride this baby out- no one touch my ticket".Angry

It comes down to "who can you really trust" and her husband was there when she apparently asked her son to sign the ticket.

Your scenario does create a different dilemma because if the winner can't sign the ticket, they couldn't sign legal trust forms either and have a lawyer validate the ticket.

United States
                    Member #124814
                    March 20, 2012
                    219 Posts
                    Posted: April 24, 2013, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

If it came down to me needing a family member to collect the money out of necessity, I would 100% trust them(siblings and parent). Aside from the trust that we have in each other, we're all religious people. Never in a million years would any of them betray me like that.

Hallfamily8's avatar - tails
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #139479
                      February 24, 2013
                      21 Posts
                      Posted: April 24, 2013, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

If it came down to me needing a family member to collect the money out of necessity, I would 100% trust them(siblings and parent). Aside from the trust that we have in each other, we're all religious people. Never in a million years would any of them betray me like that.

Yep my dad. Wouldn't even hesitate.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6290 Posts
                        Posted: April 24, 2013, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Heck no, I wasn't born yesterdayWink

I Love Pink & Green 1908