Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 1:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New the board.

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Kola.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
California
United States
Member #112364
June 17, 2011
661 Posts
Posted: May 10, 2013, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

First of all, I could spend an hour explaining to you how this whole face misinformation was being secretly played out. Look up Richard C. Hoagland and his findings before jumping on the bandwagon. Do the research.

Secondly, If brains didn't look for patterns, we wouldn't exist in the first place. It's a good trait to have. So to make this trait look negative is wrong in every way.

I am sorry but I just do not buy conspiracy theories non sense unless there are empirical evidences to back them up. Testable and verifiable by other experts in the field.

I am not saying all patterns are just an illusion. There are certain circumstances where patterns are beneficial to us like weather forecast but those are backed by science. Lottery prediction is not backed by science. Otherwise, people who sell lottery pattern guide books like Gail Howard would have won multiple MM and PB jackpots already, unmatchable by anybody else, and she wouldn't need to sell her books to make a living. She would have retired from her winning jackpots.

Rman313's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    Romulus,MI
    United States
    Member #142372
    May 10, 2013
    2487 Posts
    Posted: May 10, 2013, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

Thanks everybody for replying. The numbers that  I pick pop up all the time on my tickets. And I could  care less about the goings on  on Mars.  Just looking for good solid advice.

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: May 10, 2013, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I am sorry but I just do not buy conspiracy theories non sense unless there are empirical evidences to back them up. Testable and verifiable by other experts in the field.

I am not saying all patterns are just an illusion. There are certain circumstances where patterns are beneficial to us like weather forecast but those are backed by science. Lottery prediction is not backed by science. Otherwise, people who sell lottery pattern guide books like Gail Howard would have won multiple MM and PB jackpots already, unmatchable by anybody else, and she wouldn't need to sell her books to make a living. She would have retired from her winning jackpots.

people who sell lottery pattern guide books like Gail Howard would have won multiple MM and PB jackpots already, 

I never ever said win the JP, I wrote "Improve your chances".

As far as conspiracy theories go, well, I have a hard time believing Earth is is the only planet amongst multiple trillions,  capable of evolution.

Kola's avatar - image
        Blundering Time Traveler

United States
        Member #28945
        December 25, 2005
        1532 Posts
        Posted: May 11, 2013, 12:31 am - IP Logged

Im just a guy who wants to improve my odds in winning both the Mega and Powerball lotto. Been using the stats to pic my numbers. Is that a good idea??

Yes, its a good idea, especially if its suits your eye and the way your brain works. For some, it doesn't. The only thing I'd recommend is that when you analyze past draws, you do it in the order the numbers were drawn. Some will say it doesn't matter. I disagree.

Welcome to the LP Rman313, good luck and enjoy the ride!

May your number be true this day,

Kola

Our 2nd class in Pick 3 Lore was Space-Timing The Next Draw and we found the Lottery LoreKeeper, Tatiana, staring through her telescope, while we covertly giggled about what does Planet X have to do with what my next draw is? The sleuthy sage quietly intoned, "It is known that when the light(information) from such a distant object reaches our eyes, we are seeing the object as it was in the past & not as it appears Now in the present. Isn't this true for all things, especially numbers, that were drawn years, months, weeks or even just a day in the past? To accurately find the next draw, use the Law of Now(Tatiana's Pillar)". We never giggled again.

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: May 11, 2013, 1:45 am - IP Logged

Yes, its a good idea, especially if its suits your eye and the way your brain works. For some, it doesn't. The only thing I'd recommend is that when you analyze past draws, you do it in the order the numbers were drawn. Some will say it doesn't matter. I disagree.

Welcome to the LP Rman313, good luck and enjoy the ride!

May your number be true this day,

Kola

In order to know the order drawn you have to have watched the drawing.  Not everybody is willing to take the time to do that.

Personally I dont know if it makes a differnce.  However I dont do it.  I am open to both ways.  However stats dont lie, and neither do patterns.

So welcome to LP Rman313 and good luck!  I do watch and look for hot trends btw, (not an easy task) and nobody is going to tell you where they are!!!!!!

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
            Economy class
            Belgium
            Member #123700
            February 27, 2012
            4035 Posts
            Posted: May 11, 2013, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Are these pyramids also a trick of the mind?

Cydonia

What pyramid? And stop screwing around with ratings!

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: May 11, 2013, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

Are these pyramids also a trick of the mind?

Cydonia

A pyramid is a geometric shape.  these could be artificial.

From the movie stargate, i would assume pyramids on mars would be more similar to those at giza.  thes pyramids seem different. more like the ones in nubia i suppose.

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: May 11, 2013, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

What pyramid? And stop screwing around with ratings!

I agree. Yes Nod The only threads on LP that should get 5 stars are money making threads.  Numbers or Ideas.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                  u$a
                  United States
                  Member #106665
                  February 22, 2011
                  19964 Posts
                  Posted: May 11, 2013, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

That's a very profound statement. So it's not bad enough that we have to pick the correct numbers, but also the myriad of ways those numbers can be picked.

This is why I stick with the p-3.

When someone enrolls into a University for the first time after high school, they must pass fundamental tasks first, before moving on to advanced courses.

We're all trying to be a brain surgeon via a crash course. Green laugh

owl

Who is thatGreen laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
                    Member #124493
                    March 14, 2012
                    7023 Posts
                    Posted: May 11, 2013, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

Who is thatGreen laugh

only moneys source.  the guy can find aliens anywhere, but cant find a barber in a 10 block radius.

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: May 11, 2013, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

I know a 100 ways to improve odds. Just need to pick the right one.

I Agree!

Actually I know 99 ways, and a b--tch aint one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WwoM5fLITfk#!

Well at least not yet!!

That would make 100Smash.

United States
                        Member #124493
                        March 14, 2012
                        7023 Posts
                        Posted: May 11, 2013, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Pattern is just an illusion. Our brain is vulnerable to see pattern that doesn't really mean anything. Like seeing faces in the cloud or on the surface of Planet Mars.

Just look at these 3 pictures of "human face" on Mars. Same object but taken at different years as resolution and technology improved.

As you can see, there is no human face on Mars. As resolution has improved, it became clear that our brains trick us into thinking that there is a face that isn't there.

The draw machine doesn't really care what numbers printed on each ball. For all practical purposes, we could have each ball painted with pictures of domesticated animals like dogs and cats and the draw is still equally random.

Kola's avatar - image
                          Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                          Member #28945
                          December 25, 2005
                          1532 Posts
                          Posted: May 11, 2013, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

In order to know the order drawn you have to have watched the drawing.  Not everybody is willing to take the time to do that.

Personally I dont know if it makes a differnce.  However I dont do it.  I am open to both ways.  However stats dont lie, and neither do patterns.

So welcome to LP Rman313 and good luck!  I do watch and look for hot trends btw, (not an easy task) and nobody is going to tell you where they are!!!!!!

One can easily go online and get the Powerball and Megaball drawings in the order they were drawn.

While I also agree both ways are fine,  I think draw order can transform a clunky analysis into one that's more precise. The patterns you mention will be more exacting and apparent.  It may be true that the way stats are commonly used can often, though not always, filter out certain kinds of important patterns.

Here's a small and simplistic example demonstrating the importance of draw order:

Looks look at the pick 3 using subtraction:

last draw = 895

2nd to last draw = 247

895                                             895

- 247       which is different than    - 724

-------                                           -------

= 648                                            = 170

The use of simple subtraction in the 'lowly" pick 3 draw example would beg one to wonder what the relevance is for Powerball and Megaball. There's much relevance. In the two results above, the different numerical arrangement for the 2nd to last draw gave you a proportionally different result. I submit that in the usage of statistical analysis and/or paper-pencil techniques for all lottery games from the Pick 3 to Powerball, whether you're talking about hot-cold digits, probability, skips, arithmetic, visual pattern recognition, and etc...one is usually talking about PROPORTION in all of its various disguises, and numerical order can tease out the nuances.

May your numbers be true this day,

Kola

Our 2nd class in Pick 3 Lore was Space-Timing The Next Draw and we found the Lottery LoreKeeper, Tatiana, staring through her telescope, while we covertly giggled about what does Planet X have to do with what my next draw is? The sleuthy sage quietly intoned, "It is known that when the light(information) from such a distant object reaches our eyes, we are seeing the object as it was in the past & not as it appears Now in the present. Isn't this true for all things, especially numbers, that were drawn years, months, weeks or even just a day in the past? To accurately find the next draw, use the Law of Now(Tatiana's Pillar)". We never giggled again.

United States
                            Member #124493
                            March 14, 2012
                            7023 Posts
                            Posted: May 11, 2013, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

One can easily go online and get the Powerball and Megaball drawings in the order they were drawn.

While I also agree both ways are fine,  I think draw order can transform a clunky analysis into one that's more precise. The patterns you mention will be more exacting and apparent.  It may be true that the way stats are commonly used can often, though not always, filter out certain kinds of important patterns.

Here's a small and simplistic example demonstrating the importance of draw order:

Looks look at the pick 3 using subtraction:

last draw = 895

2nd to last draw = 247

895                                             895

- 247       which is different than    - 724

-------                                           -------

= 648                                            = 170

The use of simple subtraction in the 'lowly" pick 3 draw example would beg one to wonder what the relevance is for Powerball and Megaball. There's much relevance. In the two results above, the different numerical arrangement for the 2nd to last draw gave you a proportionally different result. I submit that in the usage of statistical analysis and/or paper-pencil techniques for all lottery games from the Pick 3 to Powerball, whether you're talking about hot-cold digits, probability, skips, arithmetic, visual pattern recognition, and etc...one is usually talking about PROPORTION in all of its various disguises, and numerical order can tease out the nuances.

Kola

I dont know many sites that put the draw order.  Perhaps Usa mega.  I dont know. To me it is a wasted task.  Cells that could be used to better use

.  But being a surveyor of lottery probabilities, I am open to wasted tasks,  i have happenned to close my eyes and imagine the live drawing, and see where it my enforce my logic.

I love your example of pick 3.  However I dont know a man who can master Pick 3 and the JP games simultaneously.  The resources and time are too limited.

Kola's avatar - image
                              Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                              Member #28945
                              December 25, 2005
                              1532 Posts
                              Posted: May 11, 2013, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

I dont know many sites that put the draw order.  Perhaps Usa mega.  I dont know. To me it is a wasted task.  Cells that could be used to better use

.  But being a surveyor of lottery probabilities, I am open to wasted tasks,  i have happenned to close my eyes and imagine the live drawing, and see where it my enforce my logic.

I love your example of pick 3.  However I dont know a man who can master Pick 3 and the JP games simultaneously.  The resources and time are too limited.

Hello LottoBoner, I know and appreciate your penchant to explore diverse avenues.  This task is worth it. When dealing with these lottery games, the rule is to attach importance to everything at least until its been tested and re-tested. Subtle differences may have an huge impact. When you play with numerical arrangement, you are dealing with the most pervasive element in the lotto, and that is TIME. the rabbit hole goes much deeper, but trust me on this. By putting draws in numerical order you are moving with the flow of time, and when you begin to line these up draws on top of each other, time becomes your friend, and sets you up to arrive more "perfect" in the future because your past has been orderly. Then you don't have to worry about time. But as soon as you put the numbers out of order, you are operating out of time or out of tune with the flow, which makes for dissonant statistical analysis and paper-pencil methods.

Lets look at the Powerball results below:

Wednesday, May 08, 2013215726223027 
                              Saturday, May 04, 201326364071217 
                              Wednesday, May 01, 2013312255265418

Look in the first column with numbers 31, 26, 21. These numbers were the first numbers drawn at the same time, albeit on different days. They have followed other numbers drawn at the same time for countless draws, and this creates a LINE of Events in Time, begging you to follow the narrative in order to predict the future - the future numbers.  Like Everything, especially because they have form, numbers are a field of energy, and energy is information and this information got caught in the wheel of time and manifested itself at a particular draw time. Through sympathetic resonance and entrainment, one numbered ball of energy or information is connected to another numbered ball of energy-information, and being that energy is not separated by time nor distance, but is in essence one field of information, anything done to any part of the field affects the whole field. So lets not adversely affect the information that was being communicated in the field by changing the order of their appearance in our analyses. Its an intelligent universe, so lets dare to imbue things that happen at a particular time with at least some significance. Why not? It certainly can't hurt. Imagine if it could help?

You can get the Powerball and Megaball history in order drawn here:

http://wilottery.com/lottogames/powerballhistoryOD.aspx

Kola