Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tip-Whatever you do don't...

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 4 years ago by PlayToWin47.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
adelaide sa
Australia
Member #37136
April 11, 2006
3300 Posts
Posted: May 21, 2013, 1:09 am - IP Logged

i accidentally let a lit smoke roll onto my keno ticket, and blacken the bar code.  grrrr they still could type in the  code numbers it was a winner as well.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4110 Posts
    Posted: May 21, 2013, 1:19 am - IP Logged

If the tickets in your state are the heat sensitive type then don't get them near any of those alcohol based hand sanitizers.

Why?  It will ruin the tickets.

Ask for a print out of the winning numbers and then smear hand sanitizer on the print out and watch what happens!

I don't know if beer-o-hol or whiskey-o-hol does the same thing

l stay away from those hand sanitizers, you get that stuff on your hands and have an itch near your eye- watchout.!!

One thing you dont want to do is use your ticket as a beer coaster.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19908 Posts
      Posted: May 21, 2013, 2:56 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the heads up, Think.

Right now on the Dicussion page this thread looks like this:

Tip-Whatever you do don't...Think

Just thought that funny. 

Another tip on the hand sanitizers, last year a study at Univ. of California found that using them opened up your pores and doing so would expose you to more germs than not using them!

Scared

LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: May 21, 2013, 9:43 am - IP Logged

If the tickets in your state are the heat sensitive type then don't get them near any of those alcohol based hand sanitizers.

Why?  It will ruin the tickets.

Ask for a print out of the winning numbers and then smear hand sanitizer on the print out and watch what happens!

I don't know if beer-o-hol or whiskey-o-hol does the same thing

If you spill whiskey on them be careful to lick it up very gently or it'll smear the ink.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: May 21, 2013, 9:55 am - IP Logged

On a serious note, I saw a doctor on TV the other day warning to avoid hand sanitizers (and other products) that use Triclosan as the active ingredient and to use brands that use alcohol instead.

Triclosan is a pesticide that some researchers are claiming can cause problems with heart and muscle function.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
            Marquette, MI
            United States
            Member #20541
            August 20, 2005
            705 Posts
            Posted: May 25, 2013, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

Isopropyl Alcohol (or, as Applebees calls it, expensive whiskey) smears the tickets too.

I don't have a SpaceBook, Tweeter or You Too account so if anybody wants to post a video of how to ruin  tickets with hand sanitizer or other Alcohols feel free to do so

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: May 25, 2013, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

If you spill whiskey on them be careful to lick it up very gently or it'll smear the ink.

Green laugh

Before licking it up, you might consider dabbing with a brawny towel.

That ink could be lead based. It might give you a good headache.

grwurston's avatar - 144
                Let's Go Rangers!!!
                bel air maryland
                United States
                Member #90251
                April 24, 2010
                4879 Posts
                Posted: May 25, 2013, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

Especially if it's a winning ticket.  But then, why anyone would deliberately spill a good drink to begin with is beyond me.

Cheers

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: May 25, 2013, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

Isopropyl Alcohol (or, as Applebees calls it, expensive whiskey) smears the tickets too.

I don't have a SpaceBook, Tweeter or You Too account so if anybody wants to post a video of how to ruin  tickets with hand sanitizer or other Alcohols feel free to do so

The obsession with sanity is insane.

When people tell me, "here is some hand sanitizer",  I usually say, "no thanks i will just visit the bathroom and wash my hands with warm water and SOAP"

After washing my hands I usually open the bathroom door with my left foot.

grwurston's avatar - 144
                    Let's Go Rangers!!!
                    bel air maryland
                    United States
                    Member #90251
                    April 24, 2010
                    4879 Posts
                    Posted: May 25, 2013, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

The obsession with sanity is insane.

When people tell me, "here is some hand sanitizer",  I usually say, "no thanks i will just visit the bathroom and wash my hands with warm water and SOAP"

After washing my hands I usually open the bathroom door with my left foot.

I Agree!   Keeping everything squeaky clean kills bacteria. However if you're  never exposed to it, your immunity

system gets weaker which means you get sicker when you are exposed. Bit of a catch 22. Don't be afraid of a little dirt, it'll

wash off.  Green laugh

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                      California
                      United States
                      Member #112364
                      June 17, 2011
                      661 Posts
                      Posted: May 25, 2013, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Wasn't there an issue a while back where a guy had his ticket somewhat ruined by trying to make a photocopy of it? I remember reading that and the first thing I did was put an old loser ticket in my scanner to make sure I could make a copy of a winning one without ruining it.

Thankfully tickets here seem pretty durable.

Are you referring to this news?

If you are, he didn't ruin the ticket by photocopying it. He ruined his ticket by endorsing his ticket with this laser printer.

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
                        Joplin MO
                        United States
                        Member #138489
                        January 28, 2013
                        190 Posts
                        Posted: May 27, 2013, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!   Keeping everything squeaky clean kills bacteria. However if you're  never exposed to it, your immunity

system gets weaker which means you get sicker when you are exposed. Bit of a catch 22. Don't be afraid of a little dirt, it'll

wash off.  Green laugh

That's my thinking, too.