Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: Jackpot fever frenzy

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 4 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you enjoy the frenzy?

Yes, it's fun watching people go nuts temporarily! [ 31 ]  [72.09%]
No, not really, people go nuts temporarily! [ 4 ]  [9.30%]
Too many 'experts' chime in [ 4 ]  [9.30%]
Other [ 4 ]  [9.30%]
Total Valid Votes [ 43 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5603 Posts
Posted: May 17, 2013, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

I just buy my one line. The odds are so high that buying a bunch of tics doesn't do that much good.

But I could have voted "all of the above" if it was an option. You got all the "experts" that don't know squat, and the nuts going crazy.

I would be just as happy to win the starting jackpot prize. I would still get to retire.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    United States
    Member #3013
    December 13, 2003
    3052 Posts
    Posted: May 18, 2013, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Here in mcminnville we have lots of places to get tickets at so their are no lines to wait for your ticket.  No frenzy here but then oregon does not sell that many tickets.-weshar75

US Flag

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
      California
      United States
      Member #112364
      June 17, 2011
      661 Posts
      Posted: May 18, 2013, 12:34 am - IP Logged

No frenzy here. I just bought the ticket. I was the only one. Nobody else bought the ticket.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19828 Posts
        Posted: May 18, 2013, 2:58 am - IP Logged

Since almost every state sells MM and PB tickets now, there aren't any tickets buying frenzies like those when only a few states sold tickets and players had to travel to one of them to play.  If I didn't read or hear about them in the media, I wouldn't know they still exist.

Before MM and PB came to Ohio, traveling an hour to Michigan or Indiana, and standing in line for twenty or so minutes was fairly common when I played those games.  Now the only places I see people standing in line to buy lottery tickets are in news reports from one of the local TV stations.

Now I have up to the shut-off time to buy tickets since I don't have to make plans for waiting in line.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19843 Posts
          Posted: May 18, 2013, 8:27 am - IP Logged

I hate when people start acting like they're the world's leading authority on all things lottery.

When they know dam well that I am!

LOL you silly

Let it Snow Snowman

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7314 Posts
            Posted: May 18, 2013, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

I voted with the majority on this one, but I like reading the funny stuff the "experts" have to say too. Should jackpot winners put together a team of financial experts to get direction to Lottery Headquarters?

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
              u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19843 Posts
              Posted: May 18, 2013, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

isn't 1  &  2 the same What?

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: May 18, 2013, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

I said I like to watch people go nuts.  However I am too busy picking numbers to actually "watch" anybody on tv or anywhere else.  However I dont like people at work asking me to collect the money for the pool and then going nuts and demanding quick picks.  I also dont enjoy getting behind somebody on line who is going nuts buying 200 tickets, because then I might have to go down the street to another store.

I think I want to change my vote to nut choice number two.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19828 Posts
                  Posted: May 18, 2013, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

I said I like to watch people go nuts.  However I am too busy picking numbers to actually "watch" anybody on tv or anywhere else.  However I dont like people at work asking me to collect the money for the pool and then going nuts and demanding quick picks.  I also dont enjoy getting behind somebody on line who is going nuts buying 200 tickets, because then I might have to go down the street to another store.

I think I want to change my vote to nut choice number two.

"I also dont enjoy getting behind somebody on line who is going nuts buying 200 tickets, because then I might have to go down the street to another store."

I assume you're talking about 200 tickets and not 200 lines, because buying 200 lines might only be 40 or 20 tickets and lots of people buying for a pool might buy that many which should only take a minute or two even when the terminals are slow.  When I was traveling out of state to buy tickets for BigGame and PowerBall, former co-workers and friends would ask me to pick up 500 lines for them which didn't that long after waiting in line twenty to thirty minutes to get to a clerk.

Now that those games sell in Ohio, everyone get their own tickets.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking