Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone wonder how much money they would have if they hadn't played the lottery?

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 4 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: May 30, 2013, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

The other day I was thinking how much money I ended up throwing out by having played the lottery over these past 3 years. I've never truly counted what I spent when I played but it would be great to have that money back. The last few months I've cut way down on playing (though I wasn't addicted or anything like that). It feels good to be able to go weeks or more without playing and know that I haven't thrown out my money to end up losing like I usually do. Don't get me wrong I'm not giving up on playing but wishing I had the money that I had spent on playing the lottery.  I'm started to feel like the odds will continue to be impossible and hope that I can continue to be more wise with what little money I do have. It's a nice feeling to be able to go to the grocery store and just leave and not feel the need to buy a scratch or draw ticket.  Though it would be fantastic to win the odds are just stacked so impossibly against most of us winning.

I'm pretty sure if you counted it up, it would be like winning the lottery.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3300 Posts
    Posted: May 30, 2013, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

in todays money about $500 a year, for 25 years , if i had it all now, id put it  green 00  on the roulette wheel. at %7 it would have compounded to 34k, but there ws 3 market crashes in that time. so i would prob only have 2500

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19881 Posts
      Posted: May 30, 2013, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

i'm playing on WinningsDanceit don't stop

dager's avatar - vampireteeth100x98
        New Orleans
        United States
        Member #143282
        May 29, 2013
        36 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2013, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

It doesn't matter to me.  It's entertainment just like anything else I blow money on.  It's all the same whether I'm wasting money on drinks, on a movie, etc. 

Sometimes I'd be happy just to know I got the winning combination correct regardless of whether I actually played the numbers.  If I happened to get it right while playing them that would be a nice bonus... wouldn't turn that down lol.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
          Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1649 Posts
          Posted: June 1, 2013, 11:43 am - IP Logged

i'm playing on WinningsDanceit don't stop

See, now this is what I'm getting at. This is what it's all about when playing the game correctly. You let your winnings (the house) do all the heavy lifting with the money (profit) you've won from them. The best part about this style of play is that even in the event of a loss, you're only giving back part of what you've already won from them anyway.

So, it's not a real loss...rather, an exchange of funds. Am I close with my summary here helpmewin?

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

VA
            United States
            Member #142868
            May 19, 2013
            345 Posts
            Posted: June 1, 2013, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Enough to get me in trouble, not enough to get me out.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
              Massachusetts
              United States
              Member #37433
              April 14, 2006
              2747 Posts
              Posted: June 1, 2013, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

I think I would have about $7,000 stashed in a giant piggy bank if I hadn't played. But what else could I have done for entertainment? I don't watch tv other than sports and news. Fictional (books, movies and tv shows) literature is a total bore to me. Inexpensive gambling is good entertainment.

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                Member #116268
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: June 1, 2013, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

See, now this is what I'm getting at. This is what it's all about when playing the game correctly. You let your winnings (the house) do all the heavy lifting with the money (profit) you've won from them. The best part about this style of play is that even in the event of a loss, you're only giving back part of what you've already won from them anyway.

So, it's not a real loss...rather, an exchange of funds. Am I close with my summary here helpmewin?

L.L.

I like to spend money. I think winning all the time would take some of the fun out of it.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: June 1, 2013, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

I think I would have about $7,000 stashed in a giant piggy bank if I hadn't played. But what else could I have done for entertainment? I don't watch tv other than sports and news. Fictional (books, movies and tv shows) literature is a total bore to me. Inexpensive gambling is good entertainment.

I think our numbers are going to win tonight so I'm playing them with several different bonus numbers.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: June 1, 2013, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

I think our numbers are going to win tonight so I'm playing them with several different bonus numbers.

19,23,31,47,56 (13) 

I Agree!

That money's gone fo ever

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19830 Posts
                      Posted: June 1, 2013, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

L.L.

That's how I've been play since I matched 5of6 in Ohio's Classic Lotto back in February but if I don't get another decent win soon Ohio is not only going to have their money back but plenty of mine too as they did in February before I won.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                        u$a
                        United States
                        Member #106665
                        February 22, 2011
                        19881 Posts
                        Posted: June 2, 2013, 3:50 am - IP Logged

L.L.

I Agree!

Columbia, SC
                          United States
                          Member #135285
                          November 21, 2012
                          584 Posts
                          Posted: June 2, 2013, 10:57 am - IP Logged

Ive been playing the lottery off and on for a couple of years, but only this past year have I been playing on a regular basis..If I had to guess how much I've invested all together, I'd say about 2000 or less....This might not be considered alot to some, but I don't buy lines and lines of tickets..I have a budget and am very frugal. I have to be!

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #86154
                            January 30, 2010
                            1649 Posts
                            Posted: June 2, 2013, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

That's how I've been play since I matched 5of6 in Ohio's Classic Lotto back in February but if I don't get another decent win soon Ohio is not only going to have their money back but plenty of mine too as they did in February before I won.

Hey, I honestly hope you get there because it's the only way you'll be able to stay ahead. With so many numbers involved, though...you have my respect for your tireless efforts. My limit is Pick 4 where I'm certain I'll match up "X" amount of numbers with consistency even when I take that hit here and there. If I can't see where I have to win at some point, and with consistency, that game isn't for me. My hat is off to you, Ronnie, and many others.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19830 Posts
                              Posted: June 2, 2013, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

Hey, I honestly hope you get there because it's the only way you'll be able to stay ahead. With so many numbers involved, though...you have my respect for your tireless efforts. My limit is Pick 4 where I'm certain I'll match up "X" amount of numbers with consistency even when I take that hit here and there. If I can't see where I have to win at some point, and with consistency, that game isn't for me. My hat is off to you, Ronnie, and many others.

L.L.

My hat is off to you too.  Tracking a daily game that has two drawings can keep you busy if you play every drawing.  I keep a file on Rolling Cash5 which is played daily but I seldom take the time to accumulate the data unless its jackpot gets to $300K+ and then sometimes it takes so long I don't get a chance to pick any numbers before it's won.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking