Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

if you were handed a filled out jackpot slip from a bent over old person and told to play it to win.

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 4 years ago by dager.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
adelaide sa
Australia
Member #37136
April 11, 2006
3300 Posts
Posted: May 30, 2013, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

id say " you always knew you where an idiot, im not playing,,,,, only joking old man. got a spare $5 "

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
    Beautiful Florida
    United States
    Member #5709
    July 18, 2004
    20117 Posts
    Posted: May 30, 2013, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

I'd be playing for sure. Time is knowledge..!!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19859 Posts
      Posted: May 30, 2013, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

I'd be playing for sure. Time is knowledge..!!

what if he had Alzheimer's LOL

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #94283
        July 17, 2010
        2284 Posts
        Posted: May 30, 2013, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

you might run into a time traveller?  Umm that would not be possible under the laws of physics.. Lurking

Laws are made to be broken.  Yes Nod

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #94283
          July 17, 2010
          2284 Posts
          Posted: May 30, 2013, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

My thoughts exactly Ronnie, of the 7 of us - 4 said they would play the ticket. The other 3 said it was a hoax, we were being played.

If I only lost $5 to a hoax, I'd consider myself a winner right there.  Thumbs Up

cynthhss9's avatar - avatar 6267.jpg
            marshall, va
            United States
            Member #138877
            February 8, 2013
            3153 Posts
            Posted: May 30, 2013, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

Had lunch with a friend today after a busy morning and hadn't had a chance to look over any P3/P4 Va stuff.  Stopped at Sheetz to play the trips for .50 and somebody had 6 cards filled out exact and any 662 that had left them lying on the counter.  I played it both ways, you just never know what somebody else knows?!  ---7 bucks.

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: May 31, 2013, 12:29 am - IP Logged

(A)Would you crumble the slip.
              (B) think perhaps this is a sign.
              (C) Think you have nothing to lose but $5.00

* We were having a few cold ones last night & someone brought this hilarious topic up..thought l would share. .

I would take the numbers, run them through the LP trademark flux matrix capacitor, and if they look decent I would play them.

Otherwise I would tell them, how about I give you lift to the store and you can play them for yourself. I am sure your SS check can cover the bill.

Then I would give them my phone number and tell them

"Hey if you win money you can just send a check here. Thank you! And have a nice day!"

Ya know, i prefer to spend my 5 beans on some moonshine and squirrel meat.Jester

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: May 31, 2013, 12:30 am - IP Logged

id say " you always knew you where an idiot, im not playing,,,,, only joking old man. got a spare $5 "

Yeah, I am sure you would take his playslip and then pick his pocket.

S**T.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                  adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  3300 Posts
                  Posted: May 31, 2013, 12:46 am - IP Logged

well i think the only wizened old man kind enough to travel back in time and  hand me winning lotto numbers is ME, so yeah. he hould know im a cheap skate and also  bring the $5.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Illinois
                    United States
                    Member #141461
                    April 14, 2013
                    61 Posts
                    Posted: May 31, 2013, 6:40 am - IP Logged

I'd play for certain, karma points and all.  But I would play it twice, once for them and once for me!

I remain, patiently optimistic

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19829 Posts
                      Posted: May 31, 2013, 6:58 am - IP Logged

I've had people suggest I play certain numbers before but none of them ever made out a play slip for me.  I never played any of the numbers suggested and I wasn't ever sorry I didn't.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: May 31, 2013, 9:06 am - IP Logged

I would take the numbers, run them through the LP trademark flux matrix capacitor, and if they look decent I would play them.

Otherwise I would tell them, how about I give you lift to the store and you can play them for yourself. I am sure your SS check can cover the bill.

Then I would give them my phone number and tell them

"Hey if you win money you can just send a check here. Thank you! And have a nice day!"

Ya know, i prefer to spend my 5 beans on some moonshine and squirrel meat.Jester

The squirrels are good this time of year, especially the young ones.

They get that weird taste later in the year when they start eatin' all my walnuts.

I like to sit out in the holler eatin' a whole fried squirrel like a big ol' drumstick so they can all see me.

Sometimes they sit up in the walnut trees mocking me, making those annoying, chattering, clicking sounds and those spastic motions with their tails and such.

That's when I practice my quick draw with my Model 29 from my shoulder holster. Them walnut trees got a lotta lead in 'em. I hope the squirrels don't get lead poisoning, heh,heh,heh,heh,heh...

The little woman hates when I do that when she's settin' there with me, says it hurts her ears, startles her and makes her spill her coffee and such.

But she knows I got my little quirks.

Artemis's avatar - Alice
                          New England
                          United States
                          Member #100508
                          November 13, 2010
                          96 Posts
                          Posted: June 1, 2013, 2:11 am - IP Logged

Speaking of time travel, what if you had every winning result for the last two years of say, Powerball.

Then you traveled back in time, and started to win EVERY drawing..

How long before you were arrested, or taken by the government for "study"?

How's that for off topic? :-)

United States
                            Member #94616
                            July 24, 2010
                            4735 Posts
                            Posted: June 1, 2013, 5:32 am - IP Logged

That was Vegas Vacation and the old guy died after seeing his Keno ticket win. When Clark (Chevy Chase) was deciding if he should pick up the ticket and cash it, Mr. Ellis (Sid Caesar) winked at him.

Yea didn't the old guy say he had been playing for YEARS and its the only thing left he enjoys in life? This one was not as good a Christmas Vacation.

VA
                              United States
                              Member #142868
                              May 19, 2013
                              345 Posts
                              Posted: June 1, 2013, 8:58 am - IP Logged

I'd only play the ticket if he knew what the square root of 69 was