Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 12:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

if you were handed a filled out jackpot slip from a bent over old person and told to play it to win.

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 4 years ago by dager.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: June 1, 2013, 9:15 am - IP Logged

I'd only play the ticket if he knew what the square root of 69 was

Everyone knows the square root of 69 is ate something.

VA
    United States
    Member #142868
    May 19, 2013
    345 Posts
    Posted: June 1, 2013, 9:18 am - IP Logged

Everyone knows the square root of 69 is ate something.

high-five!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now if only the old man knew that.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19903 Posts
      Posted: June 1, 2013, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Ever played any of the many guaranteed winners posted by LP members every week?  Playing someone else's numbers is just another way to lose, I would rather lose playing my own numbers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

VA
        United States
        Member #142868
        May 19, 2013
        345 Posts
        Posted: June 1, 2013, 9:30 am - IP Logged

Ever played any of the many guaranteed winners posted by LP members every week?  Playing someone else's numbers is just another way to lose, I would rather lose playing my own numbers.

Looks like quite a few people win by sharing their predictions/systems/numbers with others in the community lol. Playing anyones number/numbers is a way to lose, as well as playing ones own. If anything, I'd feel better losing knowing they weren't my hand-picked numbers hahahaa.Smash

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: June 1, 2013, 9:30 am - IP Logged

I Agree! IMA winner without someone else's winning numbers.

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: June 1, 2013, 9:39 am - IP Logged

Looks like quite a few people win by sharing their predictions/systems/numbers with others in the community lol. Playing anyones number/numbers is a way to lose, as well as playing ones own. If anything, I'd feel better losing knowing they weren't my hand-picked numbers hahahaa.Smash

Hurray! Would you be a buyer if someone started selling "losing" numbers?

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #94283
              July 17, 2010
              2284 Posts
              Posted: June 1, 2013, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

Speaking of time travel, what if you had every winning result for the last two years of say, Powerball.

Then you traveled back in time, and started to win EVERY drawing..

How long before you were arrested, or taken by the government for "study"?

How's that for off topic? :-)

I wouldn't play the winning numbers for every drawing even if I had them.  That would put the lotteries out of business pretty quickly.  I'd win 2 big ones 6 months or a year apart -- keep one for me and donate one to my favorite non-profit.  Buy 4 or 5 two million dollar tickets for gifts for friends.  Then I'd be done with it.

If you did win every drawing, I'm not sure if you'd be arrested first, or if the lottery would be broke and out of business before that happened.  But honestly, I doubt they'd arrest you.  They can't prove you did anything illegal, because you didn't.  And unless they can prove you time travelled, they'd write it off as dumb luck and not bother to study you.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                Massachusetts
                United States
                Member #37433
                April 14, 2006
                2747 Posts
                Posted: June 1, 2013, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

I've had people suggest I play certain numbers before but none of them ever made out a play slip for me.  I never played any of the numbers suggested and I wasn't ever sorry I didn't.

I usually play an old set of numbers so I too would take a pass on the old mans numbers. I would note them down and check to see if they were drawn.

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: June 1, 2013, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

I usually play an old set of numbers so I too would take a pass on the old mans numbers. I would note them down and check to see if they were drawn.

I Agree! Why play someone else's old set of number when you have your own old set of numbers?

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: June 1, 2013, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! Why play someone else's old set of number when you have your own old set of numbers?

Especially when trying to conserve money. If money was not a problem I would play any combination that came to me. Even the serial numbers on my iPod would be played

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: June 1, 2013, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

Especially when trying to conserve money. If money was not a problem I would play any combination that came to me. Even the serial numbers on my iPod would be played

As long as you dont start writing them on your walls, I think you will be ok. Yes Nod

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: June 1, 2013, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

This is what Only posted, and I was a little worried it might be wall at his house?

dager's avatar - vampireteeth100x98
                          New Orleans
                          United States
                          Member #143282
                          May 29, 2013
                          36 Posts
                          Posted: June 1, 2013, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

You're bloody right I'd play it!  What's another $5?  Old people are like children, they can see things the rest of us can't.