Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

649 formula

Topic closed. 109 replies. Last post 3 years ago by RJOh.

Page 8 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7295 Posts
Posted: June 15, 2013, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

Glad to hear you got the information you sought in spite of all the non informative opinions that were posted.  Good luck to you.

In their first post Mathhead said:

"Gwoof, this thread will degenerate into a lot of name-calling and other ad hominem comments very quickly.  I just want to forewarn you."

At least they got something right, but from my point-of-view they provoked it.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19816 Posts
    Posted: June 16, 2013, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

It has been said that name calling is the last refuge of those who lack an alternate logical argument or any thing intelligent to add to the conversation so that's the cost one pays for posting facts even though the source of those facts are available for anyone to check.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7295 Posts
      Posted: June 18, 2013, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

It has been said that name calling is the last refuge of those who lack an alternate logical argument or any thing intelligent to add to the conversation so that's the cost one pays for posting facts even though the source of those facts are available for anyone to check.

I guess they assumed when you said you would have better odds of winning the jackpot by using the number "31" that you were trying to trick a reader into believing the overall odds were better. They must believe we under some type of oblication to show a mathematical breakdown because one or two readers don't understand the overall odds are factored into a conditional bet.

The odds against matching 3 numbers in Ohio Classic Lotto are 57 to 1. If you played a 36 line 2 if 5 of 48 numbers wheel keying on the number "31", you're guaranteed to match 3 numbers simply base on the condition of the number "31" being drawn.

Maybe their idea is to complicate even a simple question about an average or they think LP should create a rule requiring all posters to add disclaimers to every post. It doesn't really matter because I never saw very many posters giving their comments much credibility so maybe they want to be called names if for no other reason than to get attention.

Horwood NL
        Canada
        Member #70613
        February 6, 2009
        296 Posts
        Posted: June 19, 2013, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

I'm now using a variable average (29 to 35) groups of games when picking my numbers to play. I managed to get 5 numbers plus the bonus in 26 numbers on the last draw comparing these groups. Note this is on paper only. If this continues I will need to find a way to play them where I won't break my bank. Are there any sugestions as to how to play that many numbers where you could at least break even or get a resonable return. This average thing so far looks promising. (I hope it wasn't just a one time thing.)

Thanks again for the help.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19816 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2013, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

I'm now using a variable average (29 to 35) groups of games when picking my numbers to play. I managed to get 5 numbers plus the bonus in 26 numbers on the last draw comparing these groups. Note this is on paper only. If this continues I will need to find a way to play them where I won't break my bank. Are there any sugestions as to how to play that many numbers where you could at least break even or get a resonable return. This average thing so far looks promising. (I hope it wasn't just a one time thing.)

Thanks again for the help.

I've been playing Ohio's Classic Lotto (6/49) recently and using a group from the last 29-35 drawings has been useless since all forty-nine numbers have hit in the last 25 drawings or less.  You need to know more than just the average number of drawings it takes for all 49 numbers to hit.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking