Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If and when you win the JP: Would you be open to " advice" from the likes of...

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Teddi.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4146 Posts
Posted: June 4, 2013, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

Whittaker and Edwards. On how & what " Not to"..

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10392 Posts
    Posted: June 5, 2013, 12:00 am - IP Logged

NO. They've already proven what not to do.

If anyone made a major score like a jackpot do they really need someone else to tell them not to keep over $100,000 in their car and hang out at strip clubs? (Whitaker)

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4146 Posts
      Posted: June 5, 2013, 12:19 am - IP Logged

NO. They've already proven what not to do.

If anyone made a major score like a jackpot do they really need someone else to tell them not to keep over $100,000 in their car and hang out at strip clubs? (Whitaker)

Point Taken Coin Toss- however l was watching this piece on YouTube featuring Kali Muscle and he goes into saying how he wasted precious time in prison when he could have been doing positive things. He now visits prisons and homes for troubled teens and lectures on " what not to do". It's pretty impressive.
      I would post the link but the language he uses is not PG.
      With that in mind l made the connection on " what not to do" with these guys. They have first hand experience.

CowboysFan's avatar - Cowboys
        Sunny California
        United States
        Member #63790
        August 8, 2008
        220 Posts
        Posted: June 5, 2013, 12:53 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't need their advice. I'm not the type of person who would blow through money. I save money and would have the same mind set if I won a massive jackpot. That doesn't mean I would sit on the money and not spend it but I would make sure generations after me would be able to enjoy the money and not have any worries. It's mind boggling how these people blow through this money.

Toronto
          Canada
          Member #138397
          January 26, 2013
          179 Posts
          Posted: June 5, 2013, 1:25 am - IP Logged

Generally people who need advice are not the ones who listen to them. That's why they need it in the first place. Advice is everywhere, if you're willing to listen you wouldn't be in their position in the first place.

Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4146 Posts
            Posted: June 5, 2013, 1:36 am - IP Logged

Generally people who need advice are not the ones who listen to them. That's why they need it in the first place. Advice is everywhere, if you're willing to listen you wouldn't be in their position in the first place.

Funny you should say that Yoho- people who are alcoholics and seek to clean up their lives will go to AA meetings and listen to people who have " a story to tell" and these folk will go on for what seems like ages, telling it like it is, and people would sit there and soak it all in because they too are in the same boat.Yet when it comes to the lottery and money, everyone seems to know it all, they wont do this, they wont do that once they have those Benjamin's in hand- everyone is an expert, well why not listen to these " experts" on not what to do? 

Pointless saying " l have heard it all".. no you have'nt because you have not been a Millionaire for one- and two, you have not lost bigtime.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19903 Posts
              Posted: June 5, 2013, 2:27 am - IP Logged

If you listened to the experts you wouldn't be wasting you money playing the lottery in the first place.  Why would you want their advice after you've won and proved they didn't now what they were talking about.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                Kunming
                China
                Member #57910
                January 23, 2008
                3626 Posts
                Posted: June 5, 2013, 2:42 am - IP Logged

No Way!

I know exactly what to do with my new found money. My wife and I are simple people and plan to stay that way.

Play to win!

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: June 5, 2013, 7:23 am - IP Logged

Whittaker and Edwards. On how & what " Not to"..

Heck no they might want you to pay for their crappy advice...LOL or maybe they'd just hound you for a loan...Give you their hard luck stories....Dave Edwards would be like man I won 41 million but I lost it but I still need back surgery...can you help me out LOL and Jack Whittaker well he still has money so he'd probably just want to talk your ears off while someone breaks into your Navigator while it's parked outside the strip club you're at and the robbers will steal the duffle bag with 250,000 dollars you were so stupid to leave behind in a locked car...LOL

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                    adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    3316 Posts
                    Posted: June 5, 2013, 8:06 am - IP Logged

i laready know  an aquaintence of a friend that win $15 mill on powerball.  thy still have quite a few houses, not enough of them being rented out.  and a sum of cash. she isnt doing too well .  but i couldnt bring myself to ask what went wrong.  a million to ea family members was  my 1st clue, they dont even like her now.  ungrateful scum.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                      East of Columbus, OH
                      United States
                      Member #120843
                      December 28, 2011
                      451 Posts
                      Posted: June 5, 2013, 8:34 am - IP Logged

I already have a plan in place that involves remaining as anonymous as possible and listening to my financial advisor.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                        u$a
                        United States
                        Member #106665
                        February 22, 2011
                        19964 Posts
                        Posted: June 5, 2013, 8:36 am - IP Logged

i laready know  an aquaintence of a friend that win $15 mill on powerball.  thy still have quite a few houses, not enough of them being rented out.  and a sum of cash. she isnt doing too well .  but i couldnt bring myself to ask what went wrong.  a million to ea family members was  my 1st clue, they dont even like her now.  ungrateful scum.

Green laugh

u$a
                          United States
                          Member #106665
                          February 22, 2011
                          19964 Posts
                          Posted: June 5, 2013, 8:44 am - IP Logged

i think anyone over the age 55 will need financial advice after winning the lottery because those that are in that age group tend to be blowing their money frivolously.

VA
                            United States
                            Member #142868
                            May 19, 2013
                            345 Posts
                            Posted: June 5, 2013, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Spend it all on Starbucks and apple empanadas

u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011