Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is it a blessing or a curse winning the lottery really late in life??

Topic closed. 76 replies. Last post 4 years ago by CinCin.

Page 1 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: June 5, 2013, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

This new winner the 84 year old woman who just claimed 590.5 million dollars....I dont know if she is really blessed or really cursed...Mainly because for that kind of scratch you can kinda get over on a older person by  getting a power of attorney document and socking them away in an old folks home...Now I really hope that doesnt happen...but I can just see people just circling waiting for her to pass on..I know people now who have had an elderly parent and/or grandparent sign papers for new cars, houses, adding people to bank accounts etc. etc. and these aren't millionaires they might have a couple 100 thousand in retirement or whatever...but it doesnt stop those shark children from circling and eventually going in for that bite...God please watch over this latest winner and I pray her children and releatives care way more about her than this jackpot she just claimed...

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2679 Posts
    Posted: June 5, 2013, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

This new winner the 84 year old woman who just claimed 590.5 million dollars....I dont know if she is really blessed or really cursed...Mainly because for that kind of scratch you can kinda get over on a older person by  getting a power of attorney document and socking them away in an old folks home...Now I really hope that doesnt happen...but I can just see people just circling waiting for her to pass on..I know people now who have had an elderly parent and/or grandparent sign papers for new cars, houses, adding people to bank accounts etc. etc. and these aren't millionaires they might have a couple 100 thousand in retirement or whatever...but it doesnt stop those shark children from circling and eventually going in for that bite...God please watch over this latest winner and I pray her children and releatives care way more about her than this jackpot she just claimed...

Skeptical

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19964 Posts
      Posted: June 5, 2013, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Skeptical

Green laugh

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
        Nutley, New Jersey
        United States
        Member #131058
        August 1, 2012
        875 Posts
        Posted: June 5, 2013, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Skeptical

ROFL

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
          Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #37433
          April 14, 2006
          2747 Posts
          Posted: June 5, 2013, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Its a blessing.

I gotta ask you this, how do you guys come up with these questions? wow

That money's gone fo ever

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4945 Posts
            Posted: June 5, 2013, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

I don't view age as a factor. And one can be far younger and missing more than a few marbles. It is not easy to get a power of attorney or put someone away either (that is only in lifetime movies of the week). It looks like she is already making better decisions than lottery winners far younger than she.

J'aime La France.

u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19964 Posts
              Posted: June 5, 2013, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Its a blessing.

isn't that a question?  Green laugh

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
                Nutley, New Jersey
                United States
                Member #131058
                August 1, 2012
                875 Posts
                Posted: June 5, 2013, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

age doesn't have anything to do with if winning the lottery is a blessing or a curse, an 18 year old could win the jackpot and if they make the wrong decisions the win might end up being a negative thing.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10390 Posts
                  Posted: June 5, 2013, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

It can be either, depending on the person.

For one thing, let's say someone relatively young won a jackpot and blew it all on hot cars and a lot of 'bling' or something in just a couple of years.

Things that someone thought was the cats' meow when they were younger probably wouldn't even intererest them later in life.

But for the most part I think hitting a jackpot would be a blessing, regardless of the winners' age.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: June 5, 2013, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

isn't that a question?  Green laugh

I should have explained a little further. I usually see strange questions on the forums and cannot, for the life of me, understand how the OP came up with them or what they intend to do with the responses. Questions such as  "would you sign a winning lottery ticket or not" lol

Maybe its just me

u$a
                      United States
                      Member #106665
                      February 22, 2011
                      19964 Posts
                      Posted: June 5, 2013, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

yeah that's right and she might as will pass out some of the cash cause chance is she won't spend it all Dead

u$a
                        United States
                        Member #106665
                        February 22, 2011
                        19964 Posts
                        Posted: June 5, 2013, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

I should have explained a little further. I usually see strange questions on the forums and cannot, for the life of me, understand how the OP came up with them or what they intend to do with the responses. Questions such as  "would you sign a winning lottery ticket or not" lol

Maybe its just me

well just look for the poster name b2b and you will know it's nonsense in advance

he probably went looking for that ole lady phone number Green laugh

United States
                          Member #128790
                          June 2, 2012
                          5431 Posts
                          Posted: June 5, 2013, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

I vote it's a curse. I'd prefer living paycheck to paycheck worrying about how to pay the bills, every single day. Who knows what I may do if I had millions in the bank. It'd feel like a Jehovah's witness walking into the living room and having a cup of tea with the resident. Something a witness has never encountered. lol  So now what? I don't know, I never got this far..lol

Why would you ask such a question? It seems obvious what the answer is. Retirement money is so passe these days. Green laugh

Massachusetts
                            United States
                            Member #37433
                            April 14, 2006
                            2747 Posts
                            Posted: June 5, 2013, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

well just look for the poster name b2b and you will know it's nonsense in advance

lol it can be a little annoying sometimes. Usually I just ignore but today I had to ask.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4945 Posts
                              Posted: June 5, 2013, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

OMG lol  It looks like no one is buying his sudden religious conversion where he is praying to God for her benefit....lol.

J'aime La France.