Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is it a blessing or a curse winning the lottery really late in life??

Topic closed. 76 replies. Last post 4 years ago by CinCin.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
helpmewin's avatar - dandy
u$a
United States
Member #106665
February 22, 2011
19964 Posts
Posted: June 5, 2013, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

Yea he does not seem to remember what he types from one post to the next. When someone resorts to name calling to respond to anything like he does, it shows 1 or more of the following: (1) he is overcompensating for some "inadequacy"; (2) he was an abused child; and (3) rage from not taking his psychotropic drugs.

i vote 3 or more the list could be more paper then we have here

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4987 Posts
    Posted: June 5, 2013, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

i vote 3 or more the list could be more paper then we have here

lol lol

J'aime La France.

u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19964 Posts
      Posted: June 5, 2013, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

i got a feeling he's watching us Evil Lookingthe devil never sleeps

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        42157 Posts
        Posted: June 5, 2013, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

This new winner the 84 year old woman who just claimed 590.5 million dollars....I dont know if she is really blessed or really cursed...Mainly because for that kind of scratch you can kinda get over on a older person by  getting a power of attorney document and socking them away in an old folks home...Now I really hope that doesnt happen...but I can just see people just circling waiting for her to pass on..I know people now who have had an elderly parent and/or grandparent sign papers for new cars, houses, adding people to bank accounts etc. etc. and these aren't millionaires they might have a couple 100 thousand in retirement or whatever...but it doesnt stop those shark children from circling and eventually going in for that bite...God please watch over this latest winner and I pray her children and releatives care way more about her than this jackpot she just claimed...

The shark children?

HyperBe Happy.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4146 Posts
          Posted: June 6, 2013, 1:16 am - IP Logged

Its like l have said before.. Elderly people in their 70-80's play the lottery to win- they do not say " l am playing for my children or Grandchildren!" Congrats.

l wish her a long life- l would rather have a 80 something winning than an 18 year old pus-head who blows his/her money on cars, mansions, jewelry, clothing, cocaine and in a few years has NOTHING to show for it. l am so pleased she won- this could be the start of an octogenarian run. Now wouldn't that be something?

Three Cheers for the Elderly. Remember this one? 

This tells me there is hope for us yet.

United States
            Member #130815
            July 25, 2012
            1636 Posts
            Posted: June 6, 2013, 6:38 am - IP Logged

Yea he does not seem to remember what he types from one post to the next. When someone resorts to name calling to respond to anything like he does, it shows 1 or more of the following: (1) he is overcompensating for some "inadequacy"; (2) he was an abused child; and (3) rage from not taking his psychotropic drugs.

No silly that's YOUR diagnosis......remember what the doctor said now....you need rest so go rest...

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
              Texas Panhandle
              United States
              Member #136843
              December 20, 2012
              1409 Posts
              Posted: June 6, 2013, 6:39 am - IP Logged

I've given a lot of thought to this, ever since one of those "lump sum or annuity?" posts.  I commented that I opt for the lump sum because I might not be around in 30 years to see the last check...or if I am, I might not remember my name to endorse it.

If I won such a huge sum of money, I might just buy or have built a luxury nursing home/long-term care facility.  It wouldn't have to be huge, perhaps only a dozen or so units, enough for me and some of my peer group; my best friends from childhood, neighbors I love, my sister, too. (ONE of my sisters - the other could go pound sand)  I'd hire the best nurses, fully staff it with some young, hungry doctors, pay them two or three times the going rate BUT....have in their contracts that if I - or my friends -  get a single bedsore from neglect, they're fired, right then, right there, no severance pay, etc.   I'd also load up the contract with incentives,  the main caveat being something such as if they help me to live to a hundred, they'll all get a few hundred thousand, maybe a million dollar bonus when I die.   There'd be some other legal stuff about not keeping me alive just by artificial means and I'd have a good lawyer or someone who wouldn't profit by my death be the one to respect my wishes and "pull the plug" if need be. (I sure wouldn't want that power in the hands of some of my younger, greedy kinfolk)

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
               - George Orwell

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: June 6, 2013, 6:40 am - IP Logged

I guess you're really projecting now....Working girl.... bet you taught the lewinsky girl how...or are you more like Heidi Fleiss??

dager's avatar - vampireteeth100x98
                  New Orleans
                  United States
                  Member #143282
                  May 29, 2013
                  36 Posts
                  Posted: June 6, 2013, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Winning the lottery at 84 might depress me to the point of death.  I've worked my whole life, and now at 84, and possibly can't do a lot of the things that I've hoped to do through my life due to health concerns I win the money to allow me to go on an adventure. 

Being that I don't have any kids it would be kind of pointless.  My wife would of course benefit if I died, but she's 3 years older, and would be in the same end of life perdicament I found myself in.  I think at that point in my life "money doesn't bring true happiness" would really make sense.

London
                    United Kingdom
                    Member #140684
                    March 24, 2013
                    566 Posts
                    Posted: June 6, 2013, 9:52 am - IP Logged

Hey, I wouldn't mind hitting the big one at her age. She can live out the rest of her life in luxary.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

London
                      United Kingdom
                      Member #140684
                      March 24, 2013
                      566 Posts
                      Posted: June 6, 2013, 9:57 am - IP Logged

I'd also do more to help people. Maybe donate to build a new hospital building so when I am gone something good will be left with my name on it ;D

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

JAP69's avatar - alas
                        South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #6
                        November 4, 2001
                        8797 Posts
                        Posted: June 6, 2013, 9:57 am - IP Logged

This new winner the 84 year old woman who just claimed 590.5 million dollars....I dont know if she is really blessed or really cursed...Mainly because for that kind of scratch you can kinda get over on a older person by  getting a power of attorney document and socking them away in an old folks home...Now I really hope that doesnt happen...but I can just see people just circling waiting for her to pass on..I know people now who have had an elderly parent and/or grandparent sign papers for new cars, houses, adding people to bank accounts etc. etc. and these aren't millionaires they might have a couple 100 thousand in retirement or whatever...but it doesnt stop those shark children from circling and eventually going in for that bite...God please watch over this latest winner and I pray her children and releatives care way more about her than this jackpot she just claimed...

Age is no barrier on what can happen in your life.

Oo'Ka

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                          Oklahoma
                          United States
                          Member #82391
                          November 12, 2009
                          6305 Posts
                          Posted: June 6, 2013, 10:56 am - IP Logged

It's a blessing no matter what your age is.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

u$a
                            United States
                            Member #106665
                            February 22, 2011
                            19964 Posts
                            Posted: June 6, 2013, 11:06 am - IP Logged

It's a blessing no matter what your age is.

Blue Angel

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                              Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4146 Posts
                              Posted: June 6, 2013, 11:38 am - IP Logged

She won.Suck it up if you didn't. Stop attacking the Elderly.