Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What keeps you motivated to play on despite your loses outpacing your gains?

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 3 years ago by RedStang.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
Massachusetts
United States
Member #37433
April 14, 2006
2747 Posts
Posted: July 1, 2013, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

Hey the deal is hope ! Anyone can win more money than u will ever earn working. It's cheap to play and the thought of winninis makes it worth while... I won 412 grand on a nj cash 5 so I'm pretty much hooked for life... It happand to me so it can happen to anyone, just need a buck!

Now thats what I call a smash hit. Wtg Richie cash!

That money's gone fo ever

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
    Gurnee, Illinois
    United States
    Member #49731
    February 12, 2007
    917 Posts
    Posted: July 2, 2013, 5:10 am - IP Logged

What keeps me motivated to keep playing despite fact most I have ever won is $150 on a given play?

If I stop playing, then I have absolutely ZERO chance of winning.  If I at least maintain a play for every Powerball and Mega Millions drawing, I at least have 1 chance in so many hundred million to win.  That chance of winning is what keeps me playing though I do not bank on winning.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5114 Posts
      Posted: July 2, 2013, 10:05 am - IP Logged

D people who buy D MO are dishonest and afraid 2 show D money in D checking balance.

Never trust D MO buyer, and never ask 4 favors, they will cheat you 4 U are place in line.

RN:

"Psyko just though they were  feed'g D starvin kid's SOUTH D BOARDER"

or somewhere else around D world. My mamo always made me eat all D

bar-B-que on D plate every 4th of July  cause of all D starvin kid's Argue !

US Flag  Happy 4th of July 2013 US Flag 

CowboysFan's avatar - Cowboys
        Sunny California
        United States
        Member #63790
        August 8, 2008
        220 Posts
        Posted: July 2, 2013, 11:55 am - IP Logged

I keep playing in hopes of hitting it big so my mom can retire and not work until she is really old. I also want to stop working so I can enjoy life more.

clifford1944's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
          Broken Arrow Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #85721
          January 21, 2010
          159 Posts
          Posted: July 2, 2013, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

Sure a lot of survey questions on LP.  But not a whole lot on how to win the da,, lottery.  We play because we hope to get out of poverty that Obama is determined to put us into.  How about that gate?  I am in a bad mood today so heck with it all.

Home, home where I wanted to be.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5114 Posts
            Posted: July 2, 2013, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

Sure a lot of survey questions on LP.  But not a whole lot on how to win the da,, lottery.  We play because we hope to get out of poverty that Obama is determined to put us into.  How about that gate?  I am in a bad mood today so heck with it all.

clfo:

Don't go open'g noisey gates R knock'g on strange door's D 4th of July Bash

US Flag            Jester LaughDrumJester Laugh              US Flag

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: July 2, 2013, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Now thats what I call a smash hit. Wtg Richie cash!

I Agree! I'm not certain, but I think this makes Richie cash the biggest "out of the closet" winner on LP?

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19752 Posts
                Posted: July 2, 2013, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

The fact that eventually the number will fall and the cycle starts over again, the adrenaline knowing that you could possibly win more then you paid out becomes a reality.  Although the number doesn't fall when you want it will, so for me i have to keep playing because most of the numbers i play fall and i get enough to keep playing and one day i will hit big.  I've hit big in the past but i feel i will hit for more, perhaps the mega millions...i sleep numbers wake up thinking about numbers, i guess you have to say i have a gambling problem....it's all fun though never to the point where it really breaks the bank....the other thing is that when you play a number and find that you're one number off that pisses you off so you have to keep playing until the number finally falls, it's all rigged and it's should only be a game, but i love challenges that i can win from, so what ever it takes to play i will....moderately....tasty....

LOL

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: July 2, 2013, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

LOL

Thumbs Up I like the tasty ones too.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: July 2, 2013, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! I'm not certain, but I think this makes Richie cash the biggest "out of the closet" winner on LP?

As far as I have seen, yes. mcginnin56   told us he hit for second PowerBall prize which I thought was amazing, until now.

kings mountain
                      United States
                      Member #118667
                      November 5, 2011
                      208 Posts
                      Posted: July 2, 2013, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

Are you going to give Obama credit if you win the lottery? This man's name is brought up in every person's life that is not doing well. It is soooo unreal!

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: July 2, 2013, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

As far as I have seen, yes. mcginnin56   told us he hit for second PowerBall prize which I thought was amazing, until now.

Right, he is a professed $250k winning. He is a small time winner now. lol.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: July 2, 2013, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Are you going to give Obama credit if you win the lottery? This man's name is brought up in every person's life that is not doing well. It is soooo unreal!

Well, he did teach us that if we win it was someone else who made that possible.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                            u$a
                            United States
                            Member #106665
                            February 22, 2011
                            19752 Posts
                            Posted: July 2, 2013, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

how to blew all you money in 3months LOL

Massachusetts
                              United States
                              Member #37433
                              April 14, 2006
                              2747 Posts
                              Posted: July 2, 2013, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

I wonder whether he still plays the long played-never hit combo that I shared. He used to from time to time. TBH I sometimes don't play it for weeks at a time. I hope I never have to regret this.