Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 9:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

if and when you win: Would you expect to have exhausted most of your winnings, come casket time?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4146 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2013, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Or do you see yourself leaving the lion's share behind to your siblings & children?

* This question is based on a regular posting that advocates" last cheque bouncing".

**Have a Great what's left of the weekend. .

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10391 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2013, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like you've read the book Die Broke.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4146 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2013, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like you've read the book Die Broke.

Nope CT-not a chance. In talking about books, lam  in the middle of one called " The First Counsel"- by Brad Meltzer.Heady stuff though.

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2013, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Yes, because I would be on a spending plan NOT a savings plan.

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2013, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Or do you see yourself leaving the lion's share behind to your siblings & children?

* This question is based on a regular posting that advocates" last cheque bouncing".

**Have a Great what's left of the weekend. .

I dont have kids so there would be no will come dying time the tax man would be a giddy little school girl LOL

Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4146 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2013, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Yes, because I would be on a spending plan NOT a savings plan.

One can almost always count on you to come up with a real zinger Ronnie- but you right,  as someone once said to me
            " l will be leaving ashtrays behind- ash included for the kids-My Ash, share that!
            Apparently he calls them all worthless Crap, l asked him once why?- his response" Drugs, Jail bailouts, divorces & wrecking his 1960 Shelby Cobra. Yikes.

CowboysFan's avatar - Cowboys
              Sunny California
              United States
              Member #63790
              August 8, 2008
              220 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2013, 12:23 am - IP Logged

I see my myself leaving a lot of it for my future kids and grandchildren.  You can only buy so much stuff before you don't need anything else.

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                Upacreek
                United States
                Member #136306
                December 8, 2012
                431 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2013, 12:28 am - IP Logged

No, that's not my plan per se... to exhaust all my funds upon death... At best, poor planning may lead to that construct...

I'm not a believer that one who dies with the most toys- wins...

-RC

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: July 7, 2013, 7:19 am - IP Logged

One can almost always count on you to come up with a real zinger Ronnie- but you right,  as someone once said to me
                  " l will be leaving ashtrays behind- ash included for the kids-My Ash, share that!
                  Apparently he calls them all worthless Crap, l asked him once why?- his response" Drugs, Jail bailouts, divorces & wrecking his 1960 Shelby Cobra. Yikes.

Wow see if I was him I could never win the lottery cause you cant win from jail....which is where I'd be for breaking the neck of someone who wrecked my Shelby....

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: July 7, 2013, 11:11 am - IP Logged

Wow see if I was him I could never win the lottery cause you cant win from jail....which is where I'd be for breaking the neck of someone who wrecked my Shelby....

What the heck? Its just a material possession.

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: July 7, 2013, 11:13 am - IP Logged

No, that's not my plan per se... to exhaust all my funds upon death... At best, poor planning may lead to that construct...

I'm not a believer that one who dies with the most toys- wins...

I dont think its poor planning to give yourself an annually spending allowance.

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: July 7, 2013, 11:16 am - IP Logged

I see my myself leaving a lot of it for my future kids and grandchildren.  You can only buy so much stuff before you don't need anything else.

But you can buy really really expensive stuff. Especially in CA. I heard J-Lo fill her pool with oil of Olay.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: July 7, 2013, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Wow, if the kids are "worthless crap".... What does that make the parent who said it?

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: July 7, 2013, 11:20 am - IP Logged

I Agree! In reality, giving most of it to my son would be part of my spending plan. lol.Green laugh

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: July 7, 2013, 11:26 am - IP Logged

I dont have kids so there would be no will come dying time the tax man would be a giddy little school girl LOL

You don't have to have kids to have a will b2b-ster. Are they ZERO charitable organizations that you have more faith in than the "tax man" ??? Only a Scrooge would give it to their states general fund over the Red Cross or some other organization that helps people in need........

Perhaps your state will put up a red light camera with a plaque bearing your name??