Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you generally play both major jackpots regardless of the amount?

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Six balls.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: July 13, 2013, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Or do you wait for them to reach a certain limit before placing a bet? l will play the PB from the get go, however l wait for MM to reach $30 mil before pitching in- how about you guys?

Side Question: We were having a few cold ones last night and one of the guys asked " Why is it that Asian Women do not get Cellulite?"- l dont know, do you? Approve

Have a Great Weekend People..

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Santa Ana
    United States
    Member #71159
    February 20, 2009
    651 Posts
    Posted: July 13, 2013, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I do because you never know when your chosen numbers will hit and knowing lottery karma, they will on the very day you missed playing them.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: July 13, 2013, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I do because you never know when your chosen numbers will hit and knowing lottery karma, they will on the very day you missed playing them.

I Agree! I dont play based on jackpot size.

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: July 13, 2013, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I think Boney plays based on jackpot size?

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: July 13, 2013, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

Stooges

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
            Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #103813
            January 5, 2011
            1530 Posts
            Posted: July 13, 2013, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

Always play both. Larger jackpot amount doesn't increase your chances of winning, it's still slim to none regardless. And any "experts" who claim some junk about better ROI or Expected Value when PB and MM jackpots are large really don't know what they are talking about.

Side Question: We were having a few cold ones last night and one of the guys asked " Why is it that Asian Women do not get Cellulite?"

Answer: Asian people have thicker skin than caucasians. They need that in order to put up with silly jokes like this:

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
              Texas
              United States
              Member #86154
              January 30, 2010
              1649 Posts
              Posted: July 13, 2013, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Or do you wait for them to reach a certain limit before placing a bet? l will play the PB from the get go, however l wait for MM to reach $30 mil before pitching in- how about you guys?

Side Question: We were having a few cold ones last night and one of the guys asked " Why is it that Asian Women do not get Cellulite?"- l dont know, do you? Approve

Have a Great Weekend People..

Ha ha ha, this is a great question! Search my old thread, "How Much Money (To Try) And Win, and you'll see some very interesting comments on this. Buddy, from what I can tell, the minimum amount really isn't enough to win for lots of people...won't fix their problems. For this reason, they like to wait until it's "worth their while" and waaaaaay up there. Hey, it's prerogotive and I fully respect that...seriously. However, doesn't that somehow shine light on bigger hang-ups...like greed and unappreciation maybe? I mean, in this case, doesn't a small pot beat no pot at all???

I've been diagnosed with severe "rationalitisensimus"...and it's bad.Skeptical

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #94283
                July 17, 2010
                2284 Posts
                Posted: July 13, 2013, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

I always have 1 ticket for the big games.  I wait for the JPs to grow before I'll buy multiple tickets, tho.

Since the price for PB went up to $2 I'd probably sit it out for a couple draws, except that I have some numbers I've been playing since 1993, and I just KNOW if I didn't play them they'd come up, so I end up playing one line for PB even when it's at the lowest.

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                  Upacreek
                  United States
                  Member #136306
                  December 8, 2012
                  428 Posts
                  Posted: July 13, 2013, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

Always play both. Larger jackpot amount doesn't increase your chances of winning, it's still slim to none regardless. And any "experts" who claim some junk about better ROI or Expected Value when PB and MM jackpots are large really don't know what they are talking about.

Side Question: We were having a few cold ones last night and one of the guys asked " Why is it that Asian Women do not get Cellulite?"

Answer: Asian people have thicker skin than caucasians. They need that in order to put up with silly jokes like this:

Good answer to the side question Jon D Thumbs Up

Hard to get excited when MM is at 12M... but like L.L. stated... I'll take what I can get and a few million is nothing to sneeze at.

-RC

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #86154
                    January 30, 2010
                    1649 Posts
                    Posted: July 13, 2013, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

I always have 1 ticket for the big games.  I wait for the JPs to grow before I'll buy multiple tickets, tho.

Since the price for PB went up to $2 I'd probably sit it out for a couple draws, except that I have some numbers I've been playing since 1993, and I just KNOW if I didn't play them they'd come up, so I end up playing one line for PB even when it's at the lowest.

and I just KNOW if I didn't play them they'd come up, so I end up playing one line for PB even when it's at the lowest.

You better believe it! Smart move there.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19830 Posts
                      Posted: July 13, 2013, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

I sometimes play both top jackpot games in my state however PB and MM can't be them when PB is at $94M, MM is at $20M and our state game Classic Lotto is at $40.2M.  I'll be picking up tickets for PB and OCL tonight.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

CowboysFan's avatar - Cowboys
                        Sunny California
                        United States
                        Member #63790
                        August 8, 2008
                        220 Posts
                        Posted: July 13, 2013, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

I buy tickets for the Super Lotto Plus every drawing but usually wait for the PB and MM to get in the $75-100 million range before purchasing tickets.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19830 Posts
                          Posted: July 13, 2013, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

I buy tickets for the Super Lotto Plus every drawing but usually wait for the PB and MM to get in the $75-100 million range before purchasing tickets.

Have you always been from California?  I thought I read a post you made sometime back about your state didn't have any local games.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                            Massachusetts
                            United States
                            Member #37433
                            April 14, 2006
                            2747 Posts
                            Posted: July 13, 2013, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Do you generally play both major jackpots regardless of the amount?

I do! My achievable aim is to hit the second prize with a megaplier/powerplay. The odds of that is 1 in 3,904,701 for MM and 1 in 5,153,623.65 for PB. Not bad. Compare those odds with the odds of hitting the local 6/49; 1 in 13,983,816. <== very tough odds.

That money's gone fo ever

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                              California
                              United States
                              Member #112364
                              June 17, 2011
                              661 Posts
                              Posted: July 13, 2013, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

I buy one ticket for every draw.