Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 12:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you generally play both major jackpots regardless of the amount?

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Six balls.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
CowboysFan's avatar - Cowboys
Sunny California
United States
Member #63790
August 8, 2008
220 Posts
Posted: July 13, 2013, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Have you always been from California?  I thought I read a post you made sometime back about your state didn't have any local games.

Yeah I've always been from California.  There is someone else on LP with a similar name as mine so you might have read one of their posts.

CowboysFan's avatar - Cowboys
    Sunny California
    United States
    Member #63790
    August 8, 2008
    220 Posts
    Posted: July 13, 2013, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

I looked on the members list for a similar name to mine but for some reason couldn't find anyone who has posted any comments.  I know I have seen someone within the last month post comments with a name similar to mine but am not sure why I can't find them in the members list. Oh well but yeah I've lived in either San Diego, the Bay Area, or the Central Valley my whole life.

Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
      Member #138729
      February 4, 2013
      2875 Posts
      Posted: July 13, 2013, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Powerball- Don't play since they increased the price
      MegaMillions- Don't play since they announced even worse odds coming in October

Smile

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: July 13, 2013, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Have you always been from California?  I thought I read a post you made sometime back about your state didn't have any local games.

That was dallascowboyfan, a very nice lady from Oklahoma.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19894 Posts
          Posted: July 13, 2013, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

That was dallascowboyfan, a very nice lady from Oklahoma.

That was the cause of my confusion.  Thanks rdgrnr.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Mcminnville, Oregon
            United States
            Member #3013
            December 13, 2003
            3090 Posts
            Posted: July 13, 2013, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

I like to at least play $2 or $3 on powerball all the time for each drawing and then wait for mega millions to climb to $50 to $60 million before I play my $2 a line ($1 with megaplier on it for $2).-weshar75

US Flag

United States
              Member #128790
              June 2, 2012
              5431 Posts
              Posted: July 13, 2013, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Yes. With odds like those, to win a JP would require a Miracle or Pure luck . So once a month i buy a PB Tkt.

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: July 14, 2013, 7:54 am - IP Logged

Or do you wait for them to reach a certain limit before placing a bet? l will play the PB from the get go, however l wait for MM to reach $30 mil before pitching in- how about you guys?

Side Question: We were having a few cold ones last night and one of the guys asked " Why is it that Asian Women do not get Cellulite?"- l dont know, do you? Approve

Have a Great Weekend People..

Yup play both because millions of dollars is millions of dollars....whichever one you win....hey it would certainly be more than anyone here and yourself could ever earn in their lifetime

United States
                  Member #106134
                  February 13, 2011
                  806 Posts
                  Posted: July 14, 2013, 10:22 am - IP Logged

I play whatever is largest.  Mega Millions jackpots usually suck, I mean who wants to win just $20 and remain middle class?  Besides,  MM jackpots don't grow because it's too easy for some players to win.  I'd much rather play PB and have a shot at becoming somewhat rich.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4144 Posts
                    Posted: July 14, 2013, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Always play both. Larger jackpot amount doesn't increase your chances of winning, it's still slim to none regardless. And any "experts" who claim some junk about better ROI or Expected Value when PB and MM jackpots are large really don't know what they are talking about.

Side Question: We were having a few cold ones last night and one of the guys asked " Why is it that Asian Women do not get Cellulite?"

Answer: Asian people have thicker skin than caucasians. They need that in order to put up with silly jokes like this:

Thick skin or not Jon D- it appears that the TV station is being sued because of this" lapse in judgment.". The station says they cleared the names with the NTSB before going on the air.If heads are going to roll, it should not be Tori Campbell's.Her superiors gave her the greenlight.Try suing the NTSB- goodluck with that..
                    My question is this- did not the station pause at some point, look at the names and say " This looks all wrong, lets err on the side of caution here folks, leave the names out!"

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                      Santa Ana
                      United States
                      Member #71159
                      February 20, 2009
                      651 Posts
                      Posted: July 14, 2013, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Always play both. Larger jackpot amount doesn't increase your chances of winning, it's still slim to none regardless. And any "experts" who claim some junk about better ROI or Expected Value when PB and MM jackpots are large really don't know what they are talking about.

Side Question: We were having a few cold ones last night and one of the guys asked " Why is it that Asian Women do not get Cellulite?"

Answer: Asian people have thicker skin than caucasians. They need that in order to put up with silly jokes like this:

I Agree! 100%

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                        Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #94283
                        July 17, 2010
                        2284 Posts
                        Posted: July 14, 2013, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

Thick skin or not Jon D- it appears that the TV station is being sued because of this" lapse in judgment.". The station says they cleared the names with the NTSB before going on the air.If heads are going to roll, it should not be Tori Campbell's.Her superiors gave her the greenlight.Try suing the NTSB- goodluck with that..
                        My question is this- did not the station pause at some point, look at the names and say " This looks all wrong, lets err on the side of caution here folks, leave the names out!"

Yeah if it was just one wonky name, then I could understand them going ahead with it.  But all 4?  They had to be pretty naive or just plain dumb to not realize something was wrong.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                          Gurnee, Illinois
                          United States
                          Member #49731
                          February 12, 2007
                          919 Posts
                          Posted: July 15, 2013, 8:42 am - IP Logged

I play ever single drawing...why I would have allowed my PB/MM subscription to lapse, so I am flying back from Africa just so I can submit a play for each.  I also make a quick jaunt down to Ohio to play OHCL whenever I fly into Detroit, especially with the jackpot being so high.  So for PB/MM, the jackpot amount does not matter, but it does matter when it comes to the state lotto games.  After giving Uncle Obama his cut, I want to be able to put at least $7 million into accounts I control (note that I did not say accounts in my name).  I know hitting the minimum MM jackpot would violate this desire, but it would get too complicated for me to try to just buy a play each drawing vice just signing up for and paying the subscription period play.

As for the Asiana news story, I think the problem in this case was the fact common sense is no longer taught in our liberal schools.  And she stated the names with such a straight face!  Whoever that intern who wrote this names, he has a career in off color comedy all lined up! And no pun intended!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

Baton Rouge, LA
                            United States
                            Member #4602
                            May 7, 2004
                            700 Posts
                            Posted: July 15, 2013, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

For a while, I was only playing MegaMillions since Powerball went up, but I'm playing both again. Want to increase my chances of hitting the big one.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

ThemBonez's avatar - 16314 s.jpg
                              Phoenix, AZ
                              United States
                              Member #136173
                              December 5, 2012
                              1034 Posts
                              Posted: July 15, 2013, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

I usually play both.  Less on the Powerball though since the price increase.

"JACKPOT BABY!" ...those elusive words still elude me! LOL