Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you prefer the PB jackpot be won this Saturday or roll toward half a Billion and beyond?

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Teddi.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4102 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2013, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Either way for me- how about you?

* People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

** Have a Great Weekend People.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4102 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2013, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

Phædrus (Pirsig's name for his old self) was confronted by his academic peers and presented with a dilemma.

dilemma, which is Greek for “two premises,” has been likened to the front end of an angry and charging bull.

Phædrus, however, because of his training in logic, was aware that every dilemma affords not two but three classic refutations, and he also knew of a few that weren’t so classic... He could take the left horn .... Or, he could take the right horn.... Or he could go between the horns and deny that (there are only two choices).

In addition to these three classical logical refutations there are some “illogical”, rhetorical ones. Phædrus, being a rhetorician, had these available too.

One may throw sand in the bull’s eyes. It’s an old rule of rhetorics that the competence of a speaker has no relevance to the truth of what he says, and so talk of incompetence (is) pure sand. Socrates, that ancient enemy of rhetorical argument, would have sent Phædrus flying for this one, saying, “Yes, I accept your premise that I’m incompetent on the matter.... Now please show an incompetent old man what (your argument) is.”

One may attempt to sing the bull to sleep. Phædrus could have told his questioners that the answer to this dilemma was beyond his humble powers of solution, but the fact that he couldn’t find an answer was no logical proof that an answer couldn’t be found.

A third rhetorical alternative to the dilemma... (is) to refuse to enter the arena...(and claim that logic does not apply to the matter).

WV
      United States
      Member #107175
      March 2, 2011
      100 Posts
      Posted: August 3, 2013, 2:11 am - IP Logged

If i dont hit Sat then i prefer it to roll naturally lol. Unless its hit by a family member who may be kind and toss me some crumbs of a big JP like this. I do like it when it starts getting into new record amounts just to watch the madness begin. 173 million would be more then i could ever spend and thats after sharing with family members rather generously. I enjoy watching the JP amounts grow after rollovers when we are getting close to new records Love reading the stories about what people would do with over half a billion dollars.

Japan
        Member #131605
        August 14, 2012
        372 Posts
        Posted: August 3, 2013, 5:04 am - IP Logged

Indeed, I like seeing big numbers on the Jackpot total and almost do wish I an no one else hits it to see it rise yet agian,going by the last two trends shouldnt the jackpot be in the 500million range next? Sure at first it will say its 390 then it be 425...then finaly 550 for the drawing.

But.... ofcourse obvious answer I'd love to win it now if it were to be that way.

Good luck to all whom will be playing a line or two...

I'm playing 5 QP's because I keep looking at that Missouri 5qp ticket that won half the 587mill in Nov 2012. I just love lookin at that example ticket and thinking wow...it could be any ones ticket... LINE C for the WIN eheheheh

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: August 3, 2013, 7:35 am - IP Logged

Either way for me- how about you?

* People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

** Have a Great Weekend People.

It it has to hit then let it be me LOL other wise.... let it roll.... let it roll.... let it roll

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10344 Posts
            Posted: August 3, 2013, 11:10 am - IP Logged

If a jackpot ever approached half a billion or a billion the thread about it in the News forum would turn into more of an insane asylum than the jp fever threads already are.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
              Member #52345
              May 21, 2007
              2657 Posts
              Posted: August 3, 2013, 11:24 am - IP Logged

If a jackpot ever approached half a billion or a billion the thread about it in the News forum would turn into more of an insane asylum than the jp fever threads already are.

indeed Coin Toss,

as much as I like to win,I'd love see it set a new record

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                Upacreek
                United States
                Member #136306
                December 8, 2012
                428 Posts
                Posted: August 3, 2013, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

I would prefer to win tonight... if it rolls to half billion or more... I would prefer to win that jackpot LOL

All kidding aside.. It's fun to be a part of the frenzy as it rolls and grows.

If this balloon pops tonight... it's back to reality Sunday morning Crying

-RC

United States
                  Member #144999
                  July 24, 2013
                  40 Posts
                  Posted: August 3, 2013, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

If I don't win it tonight>>>I'd like to see it go to 1,000,000,000 and win that oneBanana

United States
                    Member #143211
                    May 27, 2013
                    1976 Posts
                    Posted: August 3, 2013, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

I like to hear that many winners won tonight and maybe I can be Oneofthe them .

United States
                      Member #144999
                      July 24, 2013
                      40 Posts
                      Posted: August 3, 2013, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

I like to hear that many winners won tonight and maybe I can be Oneofthe them .

Ok you WIN!! I'd like to see 1000 people hit the first five numbers and see how the cookie crumbles>>HAHAHA

LOL

Goteki54's avatar - Lottery-007.jpg
                        Baltimore, MD
                        United States
                        Member #143332
                        May 30, 2013
                        398 Posts
                        Posted: August 3, 2013, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

All I care about is me hitting it regardless.

Following the trends and patterns means following the money!Banana

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: August 3, 2013, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

It don't make no nevermind to me.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19816 Posts
                            Posted: August 3, 2013, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

If I don't win a decent prize then I would prefer it rolls and I get another chance Wednesday but then I'm just selfish and only thinking of myself.  Other wise I don't really care either way.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4102 Posts
                              Posted: August 3, 2013, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

What l would like to know is: Why does PB betting close at 7.00pm Pacific Time but MM betting closes at 8.00pm or thereabouts?