Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you prefer the PB jackpot be won this Saturday or roll toward half a Billion and beyond?

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Teddi.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Missouri
United States
Member #144472
July 6, 2013
4 Posts
Posted: August 3, 2013, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

I think if it goes above 500 mill they should have 10 or 20 drawings And split it. No one needs 500 mill to their self.

Cupcake10's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
    Member #91718
    May 23, 2010
    690 Posts
    Posted: August 4, 2013, 12:05 am - IP Logged

My hope is for more people to win a million but with the odds working against all, I think no one should play and see what happens.Dance

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
      Gurnee, Illinois
      United States
      Member #49731
      February 12, 2007
      917 Posts
      Posted: August 4, 2013, 3:14 am - IP Logged

I imagine the folks who say, "Congratulations latest jackpot winner" are those who stick to their game plan and only buy a sensible number of tickets for the drawing.  And no sensible person would say they are happy the jackpot got hit unless that person has the winning ticket.

So I am happy to see it roll over since I won ZERO dollars.  But truthfully, I don't get too wrapped up into the dynamics of Powerball or Mega Millions drawings and jackpot amounts.  I just hope that someday, I might wake up to find that the jackpot has been hit by some lucky person from state I purchased tickets, then read news release about place where winning ticket was purchased (my city and store I buy tickets from), and then I pull out my tickets and see no winners on on play, but then notice number after number matching on the next play ticket.  When I realize I have won mondo millions, then I will just say, "Thank you" and "Yes".  Then I will call my brother to fly up first class and that would be the only person I tell.  We will meet with attorneys, tax accountants, and financial advisors with that company that used to be a part of Citi.  I would donate my entire wardrobe to charity since I will just start anew.  Then after I claim the money, I will go visit all of my family that I want to see all over the world (no I won't take my family with me everywhere I go...I will merely fly to visit those I want to see).  Interpersed in family visits will be travel to places I always wanted to visit.  So I can foresee a lot of frequent flyer miles and hotel stays in my first 2 years after winning.  I will also consider applying to some school somewhere...business school, here I come.  Either during or after completion of business school, I will undertake a number of business ventures. 

This is not dreaming...this is merely a plan I will build on to ensure this jackpot win truly helps me to accomplish great things.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
        Gurnee, Illinois
        United States
        Member #49731
        February 12, 2007
        917 Posts
        Posted: August 4, 2013, 3:32 am - IP Logged

I think if it goes above 500 mill they should have 10 or 20 drawings And split it. No one needs 500 mill to their self.

I love liberalism! I am not a fan of El Gordo, the mondo Spanish lottery that tops billion dollars but in which most people only win a few hundred thousand.  Although I would prefer to be the sole winning ticket of half a billion (before taxes), I do get a strange sense of satisfaction when lottery pools of 100 or more come forward to claim a large jackpot amount (the satisfaction is my solace in not having the winning ticket).  In my opinion, half a billion or a quarter of a billion to a single person is a life changing sum of money whereas the same amount split among 100 folks is merely a nice safety net.  There is a big difference in taking home $138 million after taxes and $1.3 million after taxes. $1.3 million would allow me to semi retire and travel occasionally to nice places, but $138 million or even $69 million would enable me to fully retire, travel whenever and wherever I desire, and to pursue a few entreprenueurial opportunities.  $1.3 million would make my life good, but $138 million would make my life grand!  So speak for yourself that you perhaps do not need 500 mil to yourself, but I know that I both need and want 500 mil to myself.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: August 4, 2013, 7:07 am - IP Logged

LOL just force a split huh...No one needs 500 mil to their self?? Then why are there tens of hundreds of billionaires all over the country?? Heck the world? Just because they made it doesn't make them any more rich than someone who has won the lottery.....I say I'd love it to go to one person...especially if that someone was me LOL...but if you won, I wouldn't begrude you...it would just mean I'd have to wait that much longer til it was me...LOL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19817 Posts
            Posted: August 4, 2013, 10:45 am - IP Logged

LOL just force a split huh...No one needs 500 mil to their self?? Then why are there tens of hundreds of billionaires all over the country?? Heck the world? Just because they made it doesn't make them any more rich than someone who has won the lottery.....I say I'd love it to go to one person...especially if that someone was me LOL...but if you won, I wouldn't begrude you...it would just mean I'd have to wait that much longer til it was me...LOL

With this being only the forth time a US lottery jackpot has been $400M or more in history, how long do you figure you would have to wait before it was you?  Ten or twenty life times, maybe?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5588 Posts
              Posted: August 4, 2013, 11:02 am - IP Logged

If a jackpot ever approached half a billion or a billion the thread about it in the News forum would turn into more of an insane asylum than the jp fever threads already are.

Amen to that! LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5588 Posts
                Posted: August 4, 2013, 11:04 am - IP Logged

Ahhhhh. the old "spread the wealth concept". Thank God Obummer isn't in charge of the lottery.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                  Member #121745
                  January 16, 2012
                  4784 Posts
                  Posted: August 4, 2013, 11:10 am - IP Logged

If a jackpot ever approached half a billion or a billion the thread about it in the News forum would turn into more of an insane asylum than the jp fever threads already are.

There is a magical number that draws out the Mirlandes as well.  I bet we will see people falsely claiming they won once it gets in the high 500's.

J'aime La France.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19817 Posts
                    Posted: August 4, 2013, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Considering previous winners of jackpots this size, there's a good chance there will be more than one winner.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19817 Posts
                      Posted: August 4, 2013, 11:18 am - IP Logged

There is a magical number that draws out the Mirlandes as well.  I bet we will see people falsely claiming they won once it gets in the high 500's.

Or claiming the actual winner cut in line ahead of them.

Evil Looking       

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                        Upacreek
                        United States
                        Member #136306
                        December 8, 2012
                        428 Posts
                        Posted: August 4, 2013, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Or claiming the actual winner cut in line ahead of them.

Since cutting in line has proven to be a "winning strategy" for super sized JP's... things could get a little crazy in the check out lanes this week LOL

-RC

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19817 Posts
                          Posted: August 4, 2013, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Since cutting in line has proven to be a "winning strategy" for super sized JP's... things could get a little crazy in the check out lanes this week LOL

I prefer "Brad Duke strategy", he didn't win as much as Gloria but when the jackpot exceeds $300M who cares I would be happy to win it regardless of the amount.Thumbs Up

Evil Looking       

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                            adelaide sa
                            Australia
                            Member #37136
                            April 11, 2006
                            3300 Posts
                            Posted: August 5, 2013, 8:08 am - IP Logged

I can imagine the big 0's  comment,,  " you didnt win that jackpot, your gov did "

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                              u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011
                              19743 Posts
                              Posted: August 5, 2013, 8:15 am - IP Logged

whoever wins spend wisely

Good Luck everyone Smiley