Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: First person to win a $1 Billion JP

Topic closed. 51 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Would you really want to be that person?

Yes [ 31 ]  [58.49%]
No [ 5 ]  [9.43%]
You'd be famous, right? [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
That person would never have a moment's peace [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
There are mooches already waiting for that person [ 2 ]  [3.77%]
Yes but then I'd join the French Foreign Legion [ 1 ]  [1.89%]
Only in an anonymous state! [ 12 ]  [22.64%]
The NSA already knows who it will be! [ 2 ]  [3.77%]
Other [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 53 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10390 Posts
Posted: August 3, 2013, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

Would you really want to be the first person to win a $1 Billion jackpot?

Ideally you'd win in an anonymous state, but since there are only four of them if yours isn't one, would you really want to be the first billion dollar winner?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: August 3, 2013, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

I would take a billion dollar jackpot in a heart-beat. Smile

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: August 3, 2013, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Would you really want to be the first person to win a $1 Billion jackpot?

Ideally you'd win in an anonymous state, but since there are only four of them if yours isn't one, would you really want to be the first billion dollar winner?

I don't even have to think about it...I'd certainly take it without a second thought LOL....And I wouldnt want to be in an anonymous state either cause..........I HAVE NO PROBLEM SAYING NO!!!!!

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
        Nutley, New Jersey
        United States
        Member #131058
        August 1, 2012
        875 Posts
        Posted: August 3, 2013, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

I would love to win ANY Powerball jackpot regardless of size even if it means my name ends up in the newspapers. As annoying as strangers begging me for money would be, I want to live debt free and pay off all of my bills.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4144 Posts
          Posted: August 3, 2013, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

I would not want to be the first to win a Billion dollars- l can tell the difference between my needs & my  wants because my needs are a heck of a lot less than that amount.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3315 Posts
            Posted: August 3, 2013, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

if you beleive the hyper inflation crowd, we should have a $1 billion draw in about 5 years time.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

United States
              Member #144999
              July 24, 2013
              40 Posts
              Posted: August 3, 2013, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

That's right! Buy all of the houses within 1000 feet and bulldose them down.

Build a Bunker, Buy a Liberty Safe and hire some pros to keep the Zombies OUT !!

Party

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                Mcminnville, Oregon
                United States
                Member #3013
                December 13, 2003
                3090 Posts
                Posted: August 3, 2013, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

I would take the annuity too.  So it is spread out over 30 years.  That would be awesome except for the mouchers coming round.-weshar75

US Flag

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                  Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #103813
                  January 5, 2011
                  1530 Posts
                  Posted: August 3, 2013, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

I'd take it, in cash!

This whole malarkey about people worrying about, "oh no, what will I do if I win, and people will know my name, oh the humanity!"

Get a grip! You don't see Mark Zuckerberg whining about, "oh no, people know my name, and where I work, and where I live, I, I just can't go on like this..."

There's people with a lot more money and a lot more famous than lottery winners, and they somehow seem to manage. The biggest difference is that money easily won is money easily lost. People know that and prey on lottery winners. Just change your home, change your phone, and learn to say NO.

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                    Upacreek
                    United States
                    Member #136306
                    December 8, 2012
                    431 Posts
                    Posted: August 3, 2013, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Awww mann... I dunno know... that's a lot of cabbage... the entire world would be watching your every move for quite sometime... that kinda spotlight might be too harsh.  Maybe somebody else can break that barrier first... then me next- ha ha thanksYes Nod

-RC

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                      Los Angeles, California
                      United States
                      Member #103813
                      January 5, 2011
                      1530 Posts
                      Posted: August 3, 2013, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Awww mann... I dunno know... that's a lot of cabbage... the entire world would be watching your every move for quite sometime... that kinda spotlight might be too harsh.  Maybe somebody else can break that barrier first... then me next- ha ha thanksYes Nod

If you really felt that strongly, then you can always give half away to some poor schmuck like Mindy Crandell and let the paparazzi chase them around instead! Green laugh

Upacreek
                        United States
                        Member #136306
                        December 8, 2012
                        431 Posts
                        Posted: August 3, 2013, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

If you really felt that strongly, then you can always give half away to some poor schmuck like Mindy Crandell and let the paparazzi chase them around instead! Green laugh

A decoy!  I like the way you think LOL

-RC

United States
                          Member #144999
                          July 24, 2013
                          40 Posts
                          Posted: August 3, 2013, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

I would take the annuity too.  So it is spread out over 30 years.  That would be awesome except for the mouchers coming round.-weshar75

US Flag

No and No>>>Helicopter BEN (Fed Chairman)is PRINTING a Digital $85,000,000 a month to buy Treasury Bonds. Propping up the Stock Market. When he stops printing>> the Market will CRASH !! Because of this Digital Counterfeiting >> the Dollar is Losing It's value like a LEAD BALLOON!> Buy GOLD as LOW as you CanUS Flag

Robinhood's avatar - Robin
                            My Town
                            Bahamas
                            Member #128966
                            June 6, 2012
                            169 Posts
                            Posted: August 3, 2013, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

Of course, I'd want to win a billion dollars - whether I'm the first to do so or not.  However I'd probably only utilize maybe a tenth of that to ensure financial independence and security for my immediate family and myself.

The remainder of this filthy stuff I'd would gladly give away to those who most need it, in some hope that I could at least help those who may otherwise not get the financial assistance they may desperately need.

For me, money is simply a tool.  If I needed to chop down a tree, I'd require a tool as I couldn't chop it down with my bare hands.  If I needed to build a shed, let's say,  I would require tools to do so effectively.  That's how I see money and it's use in this world in which I live - simply as a tool to achieve a certain goal or as a hedge to protect as Job had been given.

Otherwise, for what I see human beings do for money - it mays me sick.  Some will kill for it, some will sell their souls for it, women whore for it, men too - others steal, lie, scam, jive, connive and commit any number of lesser crimes to obtain this filthy stuff that has been handled by some many hands - only heaven knows what kind of germs are transferred on it - you should use gloves just to handle the dirty thing. 

And all for what? Money is simply paper, paper that can burn.  At the end of the day - NOBODY can take it with them, nor the things that money can buy!  Can't take the houses, can't take the cars, can't take the furniture, can't take shiat with them.  All they can take with them is the essence of who they are - the true treasure is stored up where moth nor rust is able to decay it - it's stored up in the heart (mind) - the treasure of doing good to others, of kindness, of love for your fellowman, of helping them up when they have fallen and giving with a loving heart when the need is there.

Like everyone else, I certainly need money to survive in this life, but it is not the be all and the end all of my life - the Heavenly Father is - that is what is important!

We all Luv to win ..... at least now 'n again!

Matt. 22: 21 -  Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's,

but unto the Heavenly Father, the things that are His.

Upacreek
                              United States
                              Member #136306
                              December 8, 2012
                              431 Posts
                              Posted: August 3, 2013, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

Sorry Cointoss... tried to rate this as an excellent post... but those darn stars are slippery!

-RC