Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: First person to win a $1 Billion JP

Topic closed. 51 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Would you really want to be that person?

Yes [ 31 ]  [58.49%]
No [ 5 ]  [9.43%]
You'd be famous, right? [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
That person would never have a moment's peace [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
There are mooches already waiting for that person [ 2 ]  [3.77%]
Yes but then I'd join the French Foreign Legion [ 1 ]  [1.89%]
Only in an anonymous state! [ 12 ]  [22.64%]
The NSA already knows who it will be! [ 2 ]  [3.77%]
Other [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 53 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
Member #142777
May 18, 2013
263 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2013, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Of course, I'd want to win a billion dollars - whether I'm the first to do so or not.  However I'd probably only utilize maybe a tenth of that to ensure financial independence and security for my immediate family and myself.

The remainder of this filthy stuff I'd would gladly give away to those who most need it, in some hope that I could at least help those who may otherwise not get the financial assistance they may desperately need.

For me, money is simply a tool.  If I needed to chop down a tree, I'd require a tool as I couldn't chop it down with my bare hands.  If I needed to build a shed, let's say,  I would require tools to do so effectively.  That's how I see money and it's use in this world in which I live - simply as a tool to achieve a certain goal or as a hedge to protect as Job had been given.

Otherwise, for what I see human beings do for money - it mays me sick.  Some will kill for it, some will sell their souls for it, women whore for it, men too - others steal, lie, scam, jive, connive and commit any number of lesser crimes to obtain this filthy stuff that has been handled by some many hands - only heaven knows what kind of germs are transferred on it - you should use gloves just to handle the dirty thing. 

And all for what? Money is simply paper, paper that can burn.  At the end of the day - NOBODY can take it with them, nor the things that money can buy!  Can't take the houses, can't take the cars, can't take the furniture, can't take shiat with them.  All they can take with them is the essence of who they are - the true treasure is stored up where moth nor rust is able to decay it - it's stored up in the heart (mind) - the treasure of doing good to others, of kindness, of love for your fellowman, of helping them up when they have fallen and giving with a loving heart when the need is there.

Like everyone else, I certainly need money to survive in this life, but it is not the be all and the end all of my life - the Heavenly Father is - that is what is important!

...but you love this dirty filty stuff to keep a 100 million now don't ya son!  To quote you "it mays me sick!"Big Grin

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

sookie's avatar - nw femalewiz.jpg

United States
    Member #142686
    May 17, 2013
    94 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2013, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

I'd have no problem winning it or saying no to people asking for money.  I am like the poster above they'd have a hard time getting near me between security and the fact I am not a party person I'd be home or with family most of the time.  If they got myphone number I'd just hang up on them.

Eventuallycelebrities would take the attention away when the press figured out I was pretry normal and quiet.  Not much to report.  Oh sookie the Billionairess just bought a Johnny Depp movie off amazon doesn't grab headlines.

They could always print a story about my new Audi R8 ha

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      North Carolina
      United States
      Member #64582
      September 1, 2008
      347 Posts
      Posted: August 7, 2013, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Would you really want to be the first person to win a $1 Billion jackpot?

Ideally you'd win in an anonymous state, but since there are only four of them if yours isn't one, would you really want to be the first billion dollar winner?

Coin Toss: What are the 4 anonymous states? (And where are they listed here so I can find it another time?)

I think in NC we can do an LLC, which is what I would do.

I honestly pity famous people. I would never want to be one of them.

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
        Member #142499
        May 13, 2013
        1183 Posts
        Posted: August 7, 2013, 2:39 am - IP Logged

While kidnapping for cash ransom Is rare It does happen, back in 73 J.Paul Getty 3rd, grandson of the oil baron was kidnapped.

When they refused to pay the ransom the kidnappers mailed 1 of his ears to show they were serious,

If I remember right they paid after that, I don't remember the final outcome I'd have to look It up.

There have been other Instances, another one I think was an oil company exec. dragged out of his car right at the end of his driveway.

My point Is why take a chance If you don't have to ?

The oil exec was kidnapped by a husband wife team, the husband worked for the company. The exec had a routine every morning of leaving the house at an exact time and stopping to get pick up th newspaper at the end of his driveway before leaving for work. They learned his routine then grabbed him, when he stoppd to pick up the paper, put him in a wooden box then stored the box in a rented storage space. they didn't check on him or give him water. It's believed he died from the heat. 

There have been other cases of businessmen's sons kidnapped here in the US and either never found again, or found dead. 

We don't even have to go that far when lottery winners have been killed for the JP money. 

So to the other poster, make no mistake about it, anonymity when it comes to a lottery windfall, plays a large part in your own safety and security

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
          Member #142777
          May 18, 2013
          263 Posts
          Posted: August 7, 2013, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

The oil exec was kidnapped by a husband wife team, the husband worked for the company. The exec had a routine every morning of leaving the house at an exact time and stopping to get pick up th newspaper at the end of his driveway before leaving for work. They learned his routine then grabbed him, when he stoppd to pick up the paper, put him in a wooden box then stored the box in a rented storage space. they didn't check on him or give him water. It's believed he died from the heat. 

There have been other cases of businessmen's sons kidnapped here in the US and either never found again, or found dead. 

We don't even have to go that far when lottery winners have been killed for the JP money. 

So to the other poster, make no mistake about it, anonymity when it comes to a lottery windfall, plays a large part in your own safety and security

Several get killed everyday in cars across the country but do you walk to work or the mall?   A major airliner goes down every month or so but would you swim to Hawaii?  Sure of the thousands of business people, pro athletes, and celebs their are a few examples of foul play.  Should you lock yourself away like a hermit because of it?  Do what you will.  Give me the chance at a once in a lifetime chance to appear at the press conference for millions or fly to hawaii im doing it!  cheers

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

stunna6036's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
            chicago,il
            United States
            Member #141327
            April 11, 2013
            46 Posts
            Posted: August 23, 2013, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

The billion dollars is mine ........its the only reason I haven't won yet, just waiting to get to one billion...........lol

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10353 Posts
              Posted: August 24, 2013, 1:55 am - IP Logged

Coin Toss: What are the 4 anonymous states? (And where are they listed here so I can find it another time?)

I think in NC we can do an LLC, which is what I would do.

I honestly pity famous people. I would never want to be one of them.

dk1421,

From an archived thread from 5 years ago:

You can obtain anonymity in the following states even when claiming the prize in person:

Delaware(PB)

Kansas (PB)

North Dakota (PB)

Maryland (MM)

You can obtain anonymity in the following states by using a trust:

New Hampshire (PB)

Oklahoma (PB)

Ohio (MM)

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/171415

This was before Mega Millions (MM) and Powerball (PB) were both available in the same states so I guess you can disregard the MM and PB after the states above.

Sorry to take so long to answer, didn't realize this thread wass till alive.

Since then NJ has talked about letting winners remain anonymous for one year, there's a thread about it, but I don't really see a point to that.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.