Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

powerball quick pick

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 3 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #142869
May 19, 2013
8 Posts
Posted: August 14, 2013, 10:57 am - IP Logged

Powerball is a privately owned company that was bought several years ago by a New Jersey group. They changed the machines to the ones seen today. Why didn’t they make the bottom part of the machine out of plexiglass so that we can see what’s going on inside the machine

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: August 14, 2013, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Suppose you tell us, why?

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4106 Posts
      Posted: August 14, 2013, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Powerball is a privately owned company that was bought several years ago by a New Jersey group. They changed the machines to the ones seen today. Why didn’t they make the bottom part of the machine out of plexiglass so that we can see what’s going on inside the machine

Alien- are you suggest that since NJ has had a golden run with PB wins as of late that they have rigged the machines to benefit State players?
      My question to you is " how would they know a certain winning ticket was purchased in NJ?"
      Perish the thought on Plexiglass.

United States
        Member #142869
        May 19, 2013
        8 Posts
        Posted: August 14, 2013, 11:24 am - IP Logged

powerball machines use smartplays solution system automatic number recognition

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4106 Posts
          Posted: August 14, 2013, 11:28 am - IP Logged

powerball machines use smartplays solution system automatic number recognition

Smart technology that says " This ticket is purchased in NJ?"- Really?

United States
            Member #142869
            May 19, 2013
            8 Posts
            Posted: August 14, 2013, 11:37 am - IP Logged

you play the game and dont know who make the machine or the technology behind it

Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4106 Posts
              Posted: August 14, 2013, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

you play the game and dont know who make the machine or the technology behind it

I think the Feds would like to talk to you- it seems you have information they would like to get their hands on.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19771 Posts
                Posted: August 14, 2013, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

there ya go great invention you can Patton the idea and summit them to the Lottery headquartersThumbs Up

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7302 Posts
                  Posted: August 14, 2013, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Last week the lottery terminal ran out of paper and when the clerk opened it, I got to see what was inside. The random generator was actually a tiny alien with a Jersey accent sitting at a tiny desk using a tiny computer. Even though I couldn't see what was on his screen, he quickly clicked on the red X, to make sure I couldn't.

The RNG is a computer program a computer translates and sends electronic signals to the screen and to the printer. The signals are sent at the speed of light so even if there are micro aliens from Jersey inside running across the circuits delivering instructions and sending them back and forth to their planet, you couldn't see them. What would you expect to see if your PC was housed in plexiglas?

United States
                    Member #143211
                    May 27, 2013
                    1976 Posts
                    Posted: August 14, 2013, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

I must say, that I enjoy a good laugh at some of these ideas that people come up. Ty for my daily laugh !

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                      Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6290 Posts
                      Posted: August 14, 2013, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

I must say, that I enjoy a good laugh at some of these ideas that people come up. Ty for my daily laugh !

I Agree!

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                        Los Angeles, California
                        United States
                        Member #103813
                        January 5, 2011
                        1530 Posts
                        Posted: August 14, 2013, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

Suppose you tell us, why?

I Agree! State your conspiracy theory.

Your previous post about rigged PB machines fell flat. Do you have new information with this update?

Your post title is confusing, mentioning quick pick, which is a retailer terminal function. But yet you are again asking about the construction of the Smartplay ball draw machine?

Just to fan the flames:

I can think of many ways to rig the MM and PB ball draw machines. And I'm sure any competent magician could rig a machine like the those to spit out any numbers they want, but are they? Don't forget the most fundamental magician's trick: misdirection. While you are busy watching the bouncing balls in the chamber, the guy behind the curtain could be forging a wager in the back-end system so that someone can produce/print a matching ticket later that matches whatever was drawn.

But this is all just conspiracy theory.

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7302 Posts
                          Posted: August 14, 2013, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

there ya go great invention you can Patton the idea and summit them to the Lottery headquartersThumbs Up

Is this a pun about the famous WWII General or maybe a six degree of separation conspiracy theory against a lottery using a RNG for their drawings?

Pat Summitt was a NCAA Hall of Fame women's basketball coach at the University of Tennessee, the TN Lottery switched from live ball drawings to an RNG, the RNG was programmed to show no repeat digits in their pick-3 and pick-4 games, it took a month to figure out they had a problem, and many players believe cheating was involved.

Hiding Behind Computer

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4786 Posts
                            Posted: August 14, 2013, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

Last week the lottery terminal ran out of paper and when the clerk opened it, I got to see what was inside. The random generator was actually a tiny alien with a Jersey accent sitting at a tiny desk using a tiny computer. Even though I couldn't see what was on his screen, he quickly clicked on the red X, to make sure I couldn't.

The RNG is a computer program a computer translates and sends electronic signals to the screen and to the printer. The signals are sent at the speed of light so even if there are micro aliens from Jersey inside running across the circuits delivering instructions and sending them back and forth to their planet, you couldn't see them. What would you expect to see if your PC was housed in plexiglas?

lol "What would you expect to see if your PC was housed in plexiglas?"

People would see wayyyyyyyyy too much.

J'aime La France.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                              United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3854 Posts
                              Posted: August 14, 2013, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Is this a pun about the famous WWII General or maybe a six degree of separation conspiracy theory against a lottery using a RNG for their drawings?

Pat Summitt was a NCAA Hall of Fame women's basketball coach at the University of Tennessee, the TN Lottery switched from live ball drawings to an RNG, the RNG was programmed to show no repeat digits in their pick-3 and pick-4 games, it took a month to figure out they had a problem, and many players believe cheating was involved.

Hiding Behind Computer

LOL 6 degrees between a patent and the peak of a mountain ! ROFL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.