Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

powerball quick pick

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 3 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3856 Posts
Posted: August 14, 2013, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Last week the lottery terminal ran out of paper and when the clerk opened it, I got to see what was inside. The random generator was actually a tiny alien with a Jersey accent sitting at a tiny desk using a tiny computer. Even though I couldn't see what was on his screen, he quickly clicked on the red X, to make sure I couldn't.

The RNG is a computer program a computer translates and sends electronic signals to the screen and to the printer. The signals are sent at the speed of light so even if there are micro aliens from Jersey inside running across the circuits delivering instructions and sending them back and forth to their planet, you couldn't see them. What would you expect to see if your PC was housed in plexiglas?

A "Joisey accent"

Wot's dat dude ? neva houd ov it. ROFL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19840 Posts
    Posted: August 14, 2013, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

lol "What would you expect to see if your PC was housed in plexiglas?"

People would see wayyyyyyyyy too much.

well if the toaster was made with Plexiglas i can see when my toast was going to pop up Hurray!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: August 14, 2013, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Stack47

Re: The alien in the terminal, made me think of the morgue scene in Men In Black.

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
        Florida
        United States
        Member #61435
        May 22, 2008
        908 Posts
        Posted: August 14, 2013, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

Are you saying you think that within the closed box under the plexiglass there is a device(s) that can read the actual numbers on the balls as they are swirling around and then somehow have that specific ball on top of the thing that pushes it up as a winning number?   Hmmm....As all the tickets are computer generated they DO know IN ADVANCE OF THE DRAW exactly what numbers were drawn, where and exactly when the ticket was printed.

Then IF they can control the balls drawn somehow they can still "pick" the seemingly random winner.  So then this predetermined "random" soon to be winner would have to report back specific details of the ticket and/or real time surveillance would know it was him/her via facial recognition or whatever Orwellian technological crap they have deployed all over most cities and stores that sell lottery.  Heck most even record audio.

I am sure the technology exists.  Always follow the money.  Think.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
          Member #121745
          January 16, 2012
          4792 Posts
          Posted: August 14, 2013, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

A "Joisey accent"

Wot's dat dude ? neva houd ov it. ROFL

That sounds more like Mick Jagger...lol.

J'aime La France.

ThemBonez's avatar - 16314 s.jpg
            Phoenix, AZ
            United States
            Member #136173
            December 5, 2012
            1034 Posts
            Posted: August 14, 2013, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

Conspiracy theories crack me up, LOL

"JACKPOT BABY!" ...those elusive words still elude me! LOL

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
              Florida
              United States
              Member #61435
              May 22, 2008
              908 Posts
              Posted: August 15, 2013, 7:34 am - IP Logged

Conspiracy theories crack me up, LOL

People who dismiss something that either makes them feel uncomfortable or think other than what they are being spoon fed by the bought and paid for media crack me up, LOL

Try to use critical thinking before automatically dropping the term "conspiracy theory" just to discredit an idea.  I realize society is taught to do that but did you ever stop and think WHY you are conditioned to "group think"? Think about it.... for realz....

Missy CA's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                California
                United States
                Member #145613
                August 9, 2013
                39 Posts
                Posted: August 15, 2013, 8:51 am - IP Logged

I don't know how it could be done on quick pic draws. But then again I am not clear how the same quick pic numbers are showing up in the same area which happen to be NJ, and happen to be one of the relatives who helped create the game. Can lottery be rigged? yep that's been proven already, and any con worth his weight will tell you if there is money involved there are ways to rig it. They prove that over and over again. But I am curious what method PB has in place door security as all lottery are suppose to have some specific policy in place to ensure integrity of the game.

See Ya!

Win once, win big.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                  Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #103813
                  January 5, 2011
                  1530 Posts
                  Posted: August 15, 2013, 10:05 am - IP Logged

I don't know how it could be done on quick pic draws. But then again I am not clear how the same quick pic numbers are showing up in the same area which happen to be NJ, and happen to be one of the relatives who helped create the game. Can lottery be rigged? yep that's been proven already, and any con worth his weight will tell you if there is money involved there are ways to rig it. They prove that over and over again. But I am curious what method PB has in place door security as all lottery are suppose to have some specific policy in place to ensure integrity of the game.

Quick picks are irrelevant, for those that are conspiracy theorists, so I don't understand why it's in the title.

Let's say you believe they were rigging the draw, with a person on the inside, say their name is Sue, and a person on the outside, say their name is Gloria. Gloria buys a quick pick at any store of her choosing, gets on camera, even cuts in line if she wants. Then contacts Sue and tells her which numbers are on her ticket, so those can be selected on the draw.

Doesn't matter if the entire rig is clear, doesn't matter how much security and prechecks are published. But the thing that irritates me is, why they draw 2 balls, then talk about some past winners we don't care about right now, and then continue on with the remaining balls. They could have done that beforehand, so why the distraction right in the middle?

You can get a good view of the draw prep and security here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7M3MSmooeM

California
                    United States
                    Member #145613
                    August 9, 2013
                    39 Posts
                    Posted: August 15, 2013, 10:13 am - IP Logged

I actually some years ago when I was in my previous job life talking with someone that is lets say very confined that made multi millions on a national scam tell me how California lottery actually would be one of the easiest to scam. And especially in non-disclosed states would not be as difficult as it would appear. Like he said money means everything and people will go to extensive lengths. And most likely you would never ever hear about it if it did occur. Not saying it is happening just the fact it can or could. Personally I would think it would be Impossible to fix a national lottery system. State lottery have in the past been found rigging the system.

See Ya!

Win once, win big.

United States
                      Member #145267
                      August 1, 2013
                      1512 Posts
                      Posted: August 15, 2013, 10:39 am - IP Logged

I believe anything can be rigged, There's tiny micro chips to be placed in the balls or nano technology used in future paint that may tell the computer what the ball number is.  But, what can you do, except keep playing and hoping that you have the winning number.

California
                        United States
                        Member #145613
                        August 9, 2013
                        39 Posts
                        Posted: August 15, 2013, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Actually all it took on the last big rig was a little white paint and a couple people knowing which balls they were placed on. plus a bonus would be access to the ticket machine where you could actually punch in the numbers and it still would come out as a fixed quick pick ticket.

See Ya!

Win once, win big.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                          Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4108 Posts
                          Posted: August 15, 2013, 11:39 am - IP Logged

Alien- Your post spooked the characters Stack mentioned in his post, they "accidentally"  picked California & two other States- not NJ in the PB draw last night.
                          I think you could be on to something here- keep up the good work.

ThemBonez's avatar - 16314 s.jpg
                            Phoenix, AZ
                            United States
                            Member #136173
                            December 5, 2012
                            1034 Posts
                            Posted: August 15, 2013, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

People who dismiss something that either makes them feel uncomfortable or think other than what they are being spoon fed by the bought and paid for media crack me up, LOL

Try to use critical thinking before automatically dropping the term "conspiracy theory" just to discredit an idea.  I realize society is taught to do that but did you ever stop and think WHY you are conditioned to "group think"? Think about it.... for realz....

I did stop to think it and there wasn't any bought and paid for media tugging at my logic and reasoning strings.  After pondering it for a couple minutes, I LOL'd and came to the same conclusion andIMO it's just someone yelling "Foul" just because they can't see the bottom portion of the Lotto ball machine.  Are the little aliens switching the balls out down there?  Come on now, hahaha.  Like I said Conspiracy theories crack me up! Green laugh

"JACKPOT BABY!" ...those elusive words still elude me! LOL

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7310 Posts
                              Posted: August 15, 2013, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

Stack47

Re: The alien in the terminal, made me think of the morgue scene in Men In Black.

Scared

I was thinking about it because they wanted to look inside the terminal and Frank the Pug had a "Noo Yawk" accent.

They still make mechanical clocks in cases showing all the gears and springs and the good news is if they stop working, the clock will still have the correct time twice a day.