$59M Florida Lotto jackpot won by ticket sold in Orlando

Aug 25, 2013, 3:05 pm (58 comments)

Florida Lottery

ORLANDO, Fla. — Lottery officials said a winning Florida Lotto ticket worth $59 million was sold at a 7-Eleven in Orlando.

One lucky person won the jackpot in Saturday night's Florida Lotto drawing, where the winning numbers were 11, 24, 36, 45, 46 and 47.

Officials said the ticket was sold at a 7-Eleven store at the intersection of S. Apopka Vineland Road and Winter Garden Vineland Road.

The winning ticket is worth $59 million, or a lesser amount for a one-time cash payout. The winner has not yet come forward to claim their prize.

It is the largest Florida Lotto jackpot in more than 7 years.  Th last jackpot to exceed this weekend's prize payout was on April 19, 2006, when 2 tickets split an $82 million Lotto jackpot.

Lottery officials said in addition to the jackpot winner, 37 people in Florida matched 5 of the 6 numbers, winning $5,700 each.

News story photo(Click to display full-size in gallery)

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

11, 24, 36, 45, 46 and 47.

3 even and 3 odd numbers, nice! I would play this if the FL lottery created a way to sell tickets to people who live outside Florida. 

mypiemaster's avatarmypiemaster

Now people can actually concentrate on the real stuff, like PB/and maybe MM.

RedStang's avatarRedStang

Quote: Originally posted by maringoman on Aug 25, 2013

11, 24, 36, 45, 46 and 47.

3 even and 3 odd numbers, nice! I would play this if the FL lottery created a way to sell tickets to people who live outside Florida. 

I would of bought tickets.

th19940305

I matched two 3of6 for $50 and I got a free ticket

I played the xtra option

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

Quote: Originally posted by th19940305 on Aug 25, 2013

I played the xtra option

Thats great you hit for $50. You got your money back and some extra for lunch tomorrow!

LottoNick56's avatarLottoNick56

This 7-11 is located right up the street from Downtown Disney and near many of the Disney area hotels.  It is very possible that the winner of this $59 million jackpot is either an out-of-state tourist or even one of the estimated 66,000 people employed by Disney World.  I've been chasing this jackpot since it was at $12 million on its slow crawl ($1m or $2m increases every drawing) to $59 million.  Didn't even win any small prize the entire time. Whata Shame! Disapprove

Disney Employment Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_World#Employment

Party1377

Nice......I passed near there on my way back from Bush Gardens to my friends who lives in Port Orange a week in a half ago. Also bought a ticket at a 7 Eleven near there. And I bought a ticket in Hollywood FL on my way 2 & from Miami.

Jacks, Port Orange no luck anywhere. LOL

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

I played the xtra option

WTG Thumbs Up

Congratulation to the winner/sThumbs Up

Romancandle's avatarRomancandle

nice hit... congrats

miracleplay5's avatarmiracleplay5

I played the xtra option

Congratulations on your hitHurray!

Well Well Well City Beautiful popped out a jackpot winner.Awesomely great and I guess this win proves my theory wrong that most jackpot winners are in south florida via quick picks purchased at publix

Congratulations to the winner..geesh I want a LP member to win a jackpot..then get on here and talk about it with us so we can vicariously be jackpot winners too..that or I find out tomorrow the winner was someone I know and they need my bank account numberROFL

I am happy for whoever won, however, it will kind of suck if the winner isn't even a Florida resident and definitely suck if the winner isnt even from this country.I sigh..but regardless I really am happy for the winnerHurray!

CLETU$

"The winner has not yet come forward to claim their prize." 

Gee,I wonder why,could being a weekend have anything to do with it?

Quote: Originally posted by CLETU$ on Aug 25, 2013

"The winner has not yet come forward to claim their prize." 

Gee,I wonder why,could being a weekend have anything to do with it?

The lottery offices here in Florida are closed on Saturday and Sunday..it must be nice to live in a state that keep their offices open 7 days a week.Maybe that's why it says the winner hasn't come forward yet.Im guessing the writer lives in a state where it the lottery office stays open 7 days a week. I wouldnt shout to the world I won prematurely(before I was actually able to cash in my ticket). I think that would be kind of dangerous to start telling people you wonCrazy

Quote: Originally posted by miracleplay5 on Aug 25, 2013

Well Well Well City Beautiful popped out a jackpot winner.Awesomely great and I guess this win proves my theory wrong that most jackpot winners are in south florida via quick picks purchased at publix

Congratulations to the winner..geesh I want a LP member to win a jackpot..then get on here and talk about it with us so we can vicariously be jackpot winners too..that or I find out tomorrow the winner was someone I know and they need my bank account numberROFL

I am happy for whoever won, however, it will kind of suck if the winner isn't even a Florida resident and definitely suck if the winner isnt even from this country.I sigh..but regardless I really am happy for the winnerHurray!

...ARE YOU?

...Why so much internal STRIFE?

...Why harbor so much RESENTMENT?

...Try to be happy for all people who win regardless of who/what/where/when/how...they paid good money for their tickets.

...MAYBE, THIS IS A GOOD TIME TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AGAIN....BIG SISTER See Ya!

Goteki54's avatarGoteki54

The winning numbers drawn were 11,24,36,45,46,47. I doubt seriously that anyone who plays typically with birhdates and anniversary dates hit it. It was either a person who had a system to work the numbers or a QP. This is the kicker, the prior drawing numbers on Aug 21st were 3-6-36-46-48-52. The 36 and the 46 were repeats! On top of that 48 was an adjacent  to the priorly drawn 47! Also both drawings had a 2 Low to 4 High Ratio.

Quote: Originally posted by mypiemaster on Aug 25, 2013

...ARE YOU?

...Try to be happy for all people who win regardless of who/what/where/when/how...they paid good money for their tickets.

Smh..here you go again.I voiced my opinion.geesh...internal strife, harbor resentment..wow.I see you have scriptures in your signature maybe you should take a look at the part that tell you to worry about the beam in your own eye.smh..if you were looking in the mirror you wouldnt be able to see what I am doing..smh..try to be a doer of the word of God and not just quote it..you appear to be a very insecure unhappy person.you are coming at me in a negative way because I voiced my opinion..instead of insulting me..well attempting to insult me..why not attempt to have a dialogue with me, a person that doesnt share your views or you disagree with.thats healthy.a positive way to address me and my personal opinion is to ask me why I feel that way.instead you hurl negative snide comments that doesnt edify me nor you..why did I respond to you?answer :giving you the attention that you wanted

Thud

Smh..here you go again.I voiced my opinion.geesh...internal strife, harbor resentment..wow.I see you have scriptures in your signature maybe you should take a look at the part that tell you to worry about the beam in your own eye.smh..if you were looking in the mirror you wouldnt be able to see what I am doing..smh..try to be a doer of the word of God and not just quote it..you appear to be a very insecure unhappy person.you are coming at me in a negative way because I voiced my opinion..instead of insulting me..well attempting to insult me..why not attempt to have a dialogue with me, a person that doesnt share your views or you disagree with.thats healthy.a positive way to address me and my personal opinion is to ask me why I feel that way.instead you hurl negative snide comments that doesnt edify me nor you..why did I respond to you?answer :giving you the attention that you wanted

Thud

...Some "things" are just so predictable.

...I knew the sword of the dragonlady is going to come crashing down on us, and the gates of hell will open wide to swallow us all.

...Some people, sadly, just can't help themselves.

...Thanks for teaching us that, if you are not a florida resident, you are not worthy, and woe betide you, if you happen to be from another country.

...The real AMERICA is better than that but we still have some leftover dinosaurs.

...Stay away from any sharp objects, pills, bottles, and the like...we "ENJOY" your rant....NOT.

...Have a good night BIG SISTER, that knows it all, is never wrong, and has all the answers.

...ARE YOU A LEGEND IN YOUR OWN MIND, BIG SISTER? too bad.Poke.

...I knew the sword of the dragonlady is going to come crashing down on us, and the gates of hell will open wide to swallow us all.

...Thanks for teaching us that, if you are not a florida resident, you are not worthy, and woe betide you, if you happen to be from another country.

...The real AMERICA is better than that but we still have some leftover dinosaurs.

...Stay away from any sharp objects, pills, bottles, and the like...we "ENJOY" your rant....NOT.

...Have a good night BIG SISTER, that knows it all, is never wrong, and has all the answers.

ROFL

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

Quote: Originally posted by dallascowboyfan on Aug 25, 2013

Congratulation to the winner/sThumbs Up

DCB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fan^^^^^^^^^^^

I Agree!>>>>>>>>>>>>>BUTtttttttttttttttttno<<<<<<<<<FAN<<<like psykomo<<

Green laughLoviesGreen laugh

Jill34786's avatarJill34786

The 7-11 is not too far from where I live. I always drive past it when I take my children to Disney as it is the main access route for people who live in Windermere. Unfortunately, the two tickets I purchased (from Publix) failed to match a single number....oh wellSmile

RJOh's avatarRJOh

"...geesh I want a LP member to win a jackpot..then get on here and talk about it with us so we can vicariously be jackpot winners too."

Not everyone feel that way.  Back in February I came close to winning my state lottery when I matched 5of6 which I had posted on the prediction board.  After commenting about it a couple of times several LP members told me they were tired of reading my posts about my win even though they had to do a search to find them.

If I ever win a jackpot I plan to keep it to myself even if I posted the winning numbers on the prediction board, there are LP members who don't want to hear about any LP jackpot winners unless it's them.

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Aug 25, 2013

"...geesh I want a LP member to win a jackpot..then get on here and talk about it with us so we can vicariously be jackpot winners too."

Not everyone feel that way.  Back in February I came close to winning my state lottery when I matched 5of6 which I had posted on the prediction board.  After commenting about it a couple of times several LP members told me they were tired of reading my posts about my win even though they had to do a search to find them.

If I ever win a jackpot I plan to keep it to myself even if I posted the winning numbers on the prediction board, there are LP members who don't want to hear about any LP jackpot winners unless it's them.

Well I want to celebrate you and celebrate with you, congrats on the 5 of 6Hurray!so pm me your wins..I love it!!Dont let miserable people rain on your parade...When I win a jackpot or hit $250k in one day playing p4, I am going to post my win in the winning ticket thread or create a new thread for big p4 prize winnersROFL..I wont do it to boast just to encourage others that it can be done..I would even give the details of what to expect when one claim a big prize at the lottery office..were the people friendly, how long it took me to get my money, Was it direct deposit or paper check, what I got after the taxes were taking out,etc etc.If no one else is excited for me, I hope I can scroll through the comments and get to see a congrats from you..lol..

Win big and wishing you a JACKPOT WIN SOONParty

Nikkicute's avatarNikkicute

...ARE YOU?

Amen to that!!!I Agree!

Quote: Originally posted by Nikkicute on Aug 25, 2013

Amen to that!!!I Agree!

ROFL

helpmewin's avatarhelpmewin

I played the xtra option

WTG! th19940305 Party

Congrats to the Winner spend wiselyHurray!

Arrowhead's avatarArrowhead

Ready to hit that $44.4 mil Classic Monday night? Might be largest state jackpot left now that Fla. won...

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

...ARE YOU?

I Agree! He whines too much. A sore loser and a drama queen.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I Agree! Thumbs Up

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Amen to that!!!I Agree!

Amen to that Amen!I Agree! Thumbs Up

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Aug 26, 2013

I Agree! He whines too much. A sore loser and a drama queen.

BIG SISTER is way beyond help. She has a lot of growing up to do. LOL

Amen to that!!!I Agree!

Yep, BIG SISTER is really "special".Crazy

Quote: Originally posted by Goteki54 on Aug 25, 2013

The winning numbers drawn were 11,24,36,45,46,47. I doubt seriously that anyone who plays typically with birhdates and anniversary dates hit it. It was either a person who had a system to work the numbers or a QP. This is the kicker, the prior drawing numbers on Aug 21st were 3-6-36-46-48-52. The 36 and the 46 were repeats! On top of that 48 was an adjacent  to the priorly drawn 47! Also both drawings had a 2 Low to 4 High Ratio.

I Agree! sounds interesting though

Quote: Originally posted by psykomo on Aug 25, 2013

DCB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fan^^^^^^^^^^^

I Agree!>>>>>>>>>>>>>BUTtttttttttttttttttno<<<<<<<<<FAN<<<like psykomo<<

Green laughLoviesGreen laugh

Lol>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cheers

This thread isnt about me..geesh misery loves company I see that clearly..so I guess I am crazy to continue to address these low life insecure bitter old has beens...you people(you know who you are)main goal is to get on here trolling for your next prey so you can take over a thread and make it be about that person that made a comment that you disagree with.I believe you may even secretly agree with me but for the sake of drama you show differently.I wont say any names but I clicked on the last 100 posts for that person and no where did I see that person offering anything besides useless drama..to have a productive dialogue with a person is to be able to understand that your opinions differ, yet you can converse and understand why a person feel the way that he/she does..and still walk away disagreeing yet in a peaceful manner..no instead you people and your other miserable minions get on here and become cyber bullies disrupting the positive flow of the thread...you say "I am crazy, I harbor resentment, I am on medication, I have lost it,Im a sore loser, I whine"..you people pulled that out of my post..there is no indication in my post that would cause a reasonable person to say those things about me..lol..but the grinches of lottery post will turn sugar cane into bitter wood once they put their hands on it..some of you are too darn old to be on here acting like 3rd graders..the people I am talking about know exactly who they are...if people really read and comprehended what I said you would see there is no need to attack me.IT'S MY OPINION..but I wont respond any more..I just request for the forum to go back to a positive flow.I am excited that a winning JACKPOT TICKET WAS SOLD IN MY AREAPartyParty..Excited to see who won!!!

Ronnie316

Well I want to celebrate you and celebrate with you, congrats on the 5 of 6Hurray!so pm me your wins..I love it!!Dont let miserable people rain on your parade...When I win a jackpot or hit $250k in one day playing p4, I am going to post my win in the winning ticket thread or create a new thread for big p4 prize winnersROFL..I wont do it to boast just to encourage others that it can be done..I would even give the details of what to expect when one claim a big prize at the lottery office..were the people friendly, how long it took me to get my money, Was it direct deposit or paper check, what I got after the taxes were taking out,etc etc.If no one else is excited for me, I hope I can scroll through the comments and get to see a congrats from you..lol..

Win big and wishing you a JACKPOT WIN SOONParty

You don't have to win the lottery jackpot to BEA winner. Post a thread for winners any time you want and the winners will join you. If you are playing the lottery you are a winner. Winners play the lottery.

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Aug 26, 2013

You don't have to win the lottery jackpot to BEA winner. Post a thread for winners any time you want and the winners will join you. If you are playing the lottery you are a winner. Winners play the lottery.

hmmm that's catchy...

"If you play the lottery, you are a winner, because winners play the lottery"-Ronnie316

I may add that to my signature..I like itThumbs Up

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by miracleplay5 on Aug 26, 2013

hmmm that's catchy...

"If you play the lottery, you are a winner, because winners play the lottery"-Ronnie316

I may add that to my signature..I like itThumbs Up

Green laughIf you do just dont put my name on it.... You can have it, Im already way too popular as it is. LOL

Ronnie316

$59 million is a real nice chunch of change. The Ohio Classic Lotto is now up past $44 million.

Mon, Aug 26, 2013, 7:29 pm

Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

• :
  • :
  • :

$44.4 Million

Change from last:

$300,000

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Aug 26, 2013

$59 million is a real nice chunch of change. The Ohio Classic Lotto is now up past $44 million.

Mon, Aug 26, 2013, 7:29 pm

Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

• :
  • :
  • :

$44.4 Million

Change from last:

$300,000

Another person could be $1 away from being a millionaire, only in America.  No wonder there are so many millionares in the USA. Patriot

fwlawrence's avatarfwlawrence

I guess that means nobody wants to hear about my winning $1000 on a scratch off a couple of hours ago! (10X Mega Money-Texas Lottery)

Quote: Originally posted by fwlawrence on Aug 26, 2013

I guess that means nobody wants to hear about my winning $1000 on a scratch off a couple of hours ago! (10X Mega Money-Texas Lottery)

PartyPartyPartyHurray!Hurray!Hurray!DanceBananaBananaSmashSmashCheers(rootbeers)Group HugPartyGuitar

Congratulations fwlawrence Way To Go(Way To ScratchROFL)

Thank you for sharing, Have A Beautiful Day and enjoy your winParty

This thread isnt about me..geesh misery loves company I see that clearly..so I guess I am crazy to continue to address these low life insecure bitter old has beens...you people(you know who you are)main goal is to get on here trolling for your next prey so you can take over a thread and make it be about that person that made a comment that you disagree with.I believe you may even secretly agree with me but for the sake of drama you show differently.I wont say any names but I clicked on the last 100 posts for that person and no where did I see that person offering anything besides useless drama..to have a productive dialogue with a person is to be able to understand that your opinions differ, yet you can converse and understand why a person feel the way that he/she does..and still walk away disagreeing yet in a peaceful manner..no instead you people and your other miserable minions get on here and become cyber bullies disrupting the positive flow of the thread...you say "I am crazy, I harbor resentment, I am on medication, I have lost it,Im a sore loser, I whine"..you people pulled that out of my post..there is no indication in my post that would cause a reasonable person to say those things about me..lol..but the grinches of lottery post will turn sugar cane into bitter wood once they put their hands on it..some of you are too darn old to be on here acting like 3rd graders..the people I am talking about know exactly who they are...if people really read and comprehended what I said you would see there is no need to attack me.IT'S MY OPINION..but I wont respond any more..I just request for the forum to go back to a positive flow.I am excited that a winning JACKPOT TICKET WAS SOLD IN MY AREAPartyParty..Excited to see who won!!!

Seekand ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1Blue Angel

You get what you give. Don't just talk about being positive.... actually be positive. I never said it is ok for you to PM my inbox, with even worse kind of rant. God bless you.

CLETU$

Congratulations,fwlawrence,on your $1000 win.Feels good,don't it?

ressuccess's avatarressuccess

I hope the winner steps forward. I wonder what was the single largest jackpot winning ticket in Florida?

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

HippyCrazy

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by ressuccess on Aug 26, 2013

I hope the winner steps forward. I wonder what was the single largest jackpot winning ticket in Florida?

https://www.lotterypost.com/game/35/jackpot 

Lotto Jackpot Statistics

There have been 1172 Lotto jackpots sinceJune 8, 2002

Largest jackpot $100 Million
Occurred on December 14, 2002
Smallest jackpot $2 Million
Happened 46 times, the last time on August 28, 2013
Average jackpot $13.24 Million
Largest increase $22 Million
Occurred on December 14, 2002
Smallest increase $1 Million
Happened 134 times, the last time on August 14, 2013
Average increase $3.27 Million

Quote: Originally posted by Arrowhead on Aug 26, 2013

Ready to hit that $44.4 mil Classic Monday night? Might be largest state jackpot left now that Fla. won...

From what I have read, it seems like this jackpot hasn't been hit in over a year. I was in Ohio a few weeks ago and even played a few tickets....never checked the tickets until I got back to Florida. It didn't even matter since I didn't match a single number.

It would be nice if someone from LP won it. Good luck to you and the other LP members from Ohio.

Congrats fwlawrence! Enjoy your win!Party

fwlawrence's avatarfwlawrence

Quote: Originally posted by CLETU$ on Aug 26, 2013

Congratulations,fwlawrence,on your $1000 win.Feels good,don't it?

It certainly does. Especially since I got the full amount. I thought they were going to withhold 25% for taxes. Boy, was I surprised!

fortran's avatarfortran

Quote: Originally posted by LottoNick56 on Aug 25, 2013

This 7-11 is located right up the street from Downtown Disney and near many of the Disney area hotels.  It is very possible that the winner of this $59 million jackpot is either an out-of-state tourist or even one of the estimated 66,000 people employed by Disney World.  I've been chasing this jackpot since it was at $12 million on its slow crawl ($1m or $2m increases every drawing) to $59 million.  Didn't even win any small prize the entire time. Whata Shame! Disapprove

Disney Employment Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_World#Employment

The Lotto jackpot would grow faster if FL would dump MUSL (PB + MM). Support your local lottery and keep the money in the state.  Boycott MUSL!!!

Pita Maha's avatarPita Maha

Well, it wasn't me Unhappy

That's okay. I got my QP for the next draw. $2mil would be great too.

By Jerriann Sullivan, Orlando Sentinel

10:30 a.m. EDT August 28, 2013

"For selling the winning $59 million ticket, the Florida Lottery gave the 12298  Apopka-Vineland location a $185,000 check at 9:30 a.m."

Arrowhead's avatarArrowhead

Quote: Originally posted by Jill34786 on Aug 26, 2013

From what I have read, it seems like this jackpot hasn't been hit in over a year. I was in Ohio a few weeks ago and even played a few tickets....never checked the tickets until I got back to Florida. It didn't even matter since I didn't match a single number.

It would be nice if someone from LP won it. Good luck to you and the other LP members from Ohio.

Thanks! Up to $44.8 mil now!

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by fwlawrence on Aug 27, 2013

It certainly does. Especially since I got the full amount. I thought they were going to withhold 25% for taxes. Boy, was I surprised!

You'll get a W-G at the end of the year to file with your tax returns.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Quote: Originally posted by Jill34786 on Aug 26, 2013

You're lucky you didn't match 3, it pays $2 which you might not had wanted to spend the effort to collect.

jamella724

The winner is so lucky to win the jackpot prize alone. If I will win $59 million I will buy a house,  start a business and definitely I will not forget my community. I will make sure that I will be able to give back to my community as well. I need to work on my strategies to further enhance my chance of winning.

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story