Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you win $1M or more, would you let LP members know about it?

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 3 years ago by JoshUK.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #121745
January 16, 2012
4788 Posts
Posted: September 2, 2013, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

OK, I got the phone part down pat !

If I don't know the name on the caller I.D. or if there is none, the caller is wasting his time.

Ahhh.... the days before caller ID and phone pranks as a kid.

J'aime La France.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4106 Posts
    Posted: September 2, 2013, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Its been my observation since l joined LP that there are no parasites in this forum that l have bumped into who have displayed a tendency to ask for money from other members. If one won- l doubt their habits would change whether one told them or not, it would not make any significant difference in my opinion in telling others, although l could be wrong.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10350 Posts
      Posted: September 2, 2013, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

If you win $1M or more, would you let LP members know about it?

No.

Nein.

Anniyo.

November Foxtrot Whiskey.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19782 Posts
        Posted: September 3, 2013, 2:02 am - IP Logged

Sure Smiley

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #123290
          February 17, 2012
          3050 Posts
          Posted: September 3, 2013, 7:16 am - IP Logged

Yes, I don't think a member winning $1m prize would cause their inbox to be flooded.

You'd get a lot of congrats ect..but no crazy private messages.

The way some members post, they act like $1m is nothing anymore.

I still think it's a lot of money, even after the taxes are taken out.

$1m or even $2m yes, I'd share my good news.

Now a jackpot winWhat? I don't know...

...the secret to Luck is never to trust it...

2012 wins:$20 loss:$200  2013 wins:$100 loss:$270  2014 wins:$360 loss:$273 

2015 wins:$0 loss:$53  2016 Jan $0/$15.00 Feb $0/$2.50 Mar $0/$4.00 April $0/$0 May $0/$0

June $0/$0 July $0/$0 Aug $0/$0 Sep $0/$0 Oct $0/$0

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40420 Posts
            Posted: September 3, 2013, 7:54 am - IP Logged

I would only confide in the 163 members here that I consider my closest, personal friends.

They have all assured me in the strictest terms that they probably wouldn't tell anybody that I won.

LOL, Same here.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
              Member #122468
              February 1, 2012
              530 Posts
              Posted: September 3, 2013, 8:22 am - IP Logged

If you win more than $1M or the jackpot, would you post your winnings on LP for all members to see and celebrate with you?

Hi mypiemaster,

I'm torn on this question. Most likely I would keep it to myself. First off I wouldn't want to make anyone to feel bad if they continue to play and have losses. On the other hand it would be great to know that someone from this site won that amount. The one negative thing about a huge lottery win is the fact that in my state I can't be anonymous. I really do not want to be inundated with mail from people all over the place asking for money. I want to help my family and friends first and then be able to be charitable to organizations and establish some scholarships for college for people who wouldn't be able to afford to attend.

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                Member #141034
                April 2, 2013
                1408 Posts
                Posted: September 3, 2013, 10:52 am - IP Logged

Yes, I don't think a member winning $1m prize would cause their inbox to be flooded.

You'd get a lot of congrats ect..but no crazy private messages.

The way some members post, they act like $1m is nothing anymore.

I still think it's a lot of money, even after the taxes are taken out.

$1m or even $2m yes, I'd share my good news.

Now a jackpot winWhat? I don't know...

Well said. Thumbs Up $1m can help solve a lot of problems, as well as buy a lot of beautiful things.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                  Member #141034
                  April 2, 2013
                  1408 Posts
                  Posted: September 3, 2013, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Hi mypiemaster,

I'm torn on this question. Most likely I would keep it to myself. First off I wouldn't want to make anyone to feel bad if they continue to play and have losses. On the other hand it would be great to know that someone from this site won that amount. The one negative thing about a huge lottery win is the fact that in my state I can't be anonymous. I really do not want to be inundated with mail from people all over the place asking for money. I want to help my family and friends first and then be able to be charitable to organizations and establish some scholarships for college for people who wouldn't be able to afford to attend.

I Agree! We can only try to do our best.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                    Member #141034
                    April 2, 2013
                    1408 Posts
                    Posted: September 3, 2013, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Its been my observation since l joined LP that there are no parasites in this forum that l have bumped into who have displayed a tendency to ask for money from other members. If one won- l doubt their habits would change whether one told them or not, it would not make any significant difference in my opinion in telling others, although l could be wrong.

You may be right, but sometimes, the green-eyed monster P***ed has a funny way of screwing things up for everybody.

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #123290
                      February 17, 2012
                      3050 Posts
                      Posted: September 3, 2013, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Hi mypiemaster,

I don't understand the guilt partWhat?

That's not your problem if others feel bad if they continue to play and lose! ummm that's the lottery!!! lol

You win some and you lose some and they can stop losing by stop playing! Why feel bad because you won?

That's life, some have it, some don't and don't feel bad when you have it good!! As long as you didn't step

on somebody's back/being dishonest to get there, was is there to feel guilty about?

...the secret to Luck is never to trust it...

2012 wins:$20 loss:$200  2013 wins:$100 loss:$270  2014 wins:$360 loss:$273 

2015 wins:$0 loss:$53  2016 Jan $0/$15.00 Feb $0/$2.50 Mar $0/$4.00 April $0/$0 May $0/$0

June $0/$0 July $0/$0 Aug $0/$0 Sep $0/$0 Oct $0/$0

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                        Beautiful Florida
                        United States
                        Member #5709
                        July 18, 2004
                        20110 Posts
                        Posted: September 3, 2013, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

I would only confide in the 163 members here that I consider my closest, personal friends.

They have all assured me in the strictest terms that they probably wouldn't tell anybody that I won.

DITTO.!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                          Oklahoma
                          United States
                          Member #82391
                          November 12, 2009
                          6290 Posts
                          Posted: September 3, 2013, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4788 Posts
                            Posted: September 3, 2013, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

I don't understand the guilt partWhat?

That's not your problem if others feel bad if they continue to play and lose! ummm that's the lottery!!! lol

You win some and you lose some and they can stop losing by stop playing! Why feel bad because you won?

That's life, some have it, some don't and don't feel bad when you have it good!! As long as you didn't step

on somebody's back/being dishonest to get there, was is there to feel guilty about?

I agree. I think she will still be unhappy if she wins the lottery.  Just my opinion.

J'aime La France.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                              NY
                              United States
                              Member #121961
                              January 21, 2012
                              3157 Posts
                              Posted: September 3, 2013, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Yuuup. After i move.