Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you win $1M or more, would you let LP members know about it?

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 3 years ago by JoshUK.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
Member #141034
April 2, 2013
1410 Posts
Posted: September 15, 2013, 12:41 am - IP Logged

Of course I would.

I'd cash it all out and make a big pile of cash to sit on top of and post the picture of me sitting on top my pile of money.

Your butt will thank you.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
    Member #141034
    April 2, 2013
    1410 Posts
    Posted: September 22, 2013, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

There are somethings you should never tell anyone- winning the lottery should be one of them.

And when you start spending, local cops will start to wonder, if you moonlight as a bank robber.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

United States
      Member #6570
      August 28, 2004
      36 Posts
      Posted: September 23, 2013, 4:49 am - IP Logged

Wait, I dont understand the Question.....

If I told everyone on LP I just hit the lottery how would they know who I am and where I live?

To everyone on here Im just Aftermath, how much more Anonymous can you get?

United States
        Member #94616
        July 24, 2010
        4735 Posts
        Posted: September 23, 2013, 5:47 am - IP Logged

I would only confide in the 163 members here that I consider my closest, personal friends.

They have all assured me in the strictest terms that they probably wouldn't tell anybody that I won.

I am still working on page 47 of the 'Closest Friend' forms that need to be filled out to qualify to be considered... hoping to finish BEFORE you hit the big one!

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
          Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
          United States
          Member #50210
          March 1, 2007
          843 Posts
          Posted: September 23, 2013, 7:17 am - IP Logged

And when you start spending, local cops will start to wonder, if you moonlight as a bank robber.

"And when you start spending, local cops will start to wonder, if you moonlight as a bank robber."

Cops in most towns do not track citizens to verify their spending habits. If that were the case many of us would be considered bank robbers at least according to your statement.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

TooTallLuke's avatar - img 8jc7G2.jpg
            Ontario
            Canada
            Member #137286
            December 31, 2012
            93 Posts
            Posted: September 23, 2013, 7:29 am - IP Logged

There are somethings you should never tell anyone- winning the lottery should be one of them.

I Agree!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: September 23, 2013, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I would only confide in the 163 members here that I consider my closest, personal friends.

They have all assured me in the strictest terms that they probably wouldn't tell anybody that I won.

You were lucky to find 163 close personal friends just on this board, very few people have that many close personal friends any where.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: September 23, 2013, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

You were lucky to find 163 close personal friends just on this board, very few people have that many close personal friends any where.

Must be my animal magnetism.

Everyone here, without exception, is just absolutely crazy about me.   Big Grin

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                  Connecticut
                  United States
                  Member #61623
                  May 29, 2008
                  20581 Posts
                  Posted: September 23, 2013, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

That would be a big mistake. Why would you expose yourself to people begging for money or to people who have ill intention against you?

for one..you can't retire on a million  dollars..at least up here in the Northeast  lol

second,anyone who would beg for money woud have to be the biggest as$hole in the whole world.That is pretty self centered of someone to think their needs should trump that of the JP winner?...did it ever occur to a beggar  prior to the win that a winner may already be indebt???..or may haven't traveled much in their life?..or they have a large family to take care of?

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19831 Posts
                    Posted: September 24, 2013, 1:56 am - IP Logged

for one..you can't retire on a million  dollars..at least up here in the Northeast  lol

second,anyone who would beg for money woud have to be the biggest as$hole in the whole world.That is pretty self centered of someone to think their needs should trump that of the JP winner?...did it ever occur to a beggar  prior to the win that a winner may already be indebt???..or may haven't traveled much in their life?..or they have a large family to take care of?

Beggars don't care about the needs of the people they are trying to hustle, even if they are their relatives.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                      Texas Panhandle
                      United States
                      Member #136843
                      December 20, 2012
                      1285 Posts
                      Posted: September 24, 2013, 2:00 am - IP Logged

Wait, I dont understand the Question.....

If I told everyone on LP I just hit the lottery how would they know who I am and where I live?

To everyone on here Im just Aftermath, how much more Anonymous can you get?

That's what I thought when I first saw this post.

After I claimed my winnings, my name would be public record.  I don't think the few LP members that *might* bug me about wanting part of my winnings would add all that much of a percentage to the number of other people I'm sure would be bugging me.  I haven't been a member in here for all that long, but before that I lurked for several years, reading the posts that interested me and I've grown "fond" of some of the folks in here - sometimes you can find out quite a bit about a person by reading several dozen of his/her posts, esp. their sense of humor, their good nature, their kind hearts & decency....and the reverse of those things, too.

I'd think telling people in here would actually be cathartic; after all, you prob. wouldn't want to tell all your neighbors and prob. not all your family, at least not before you got your plan in place and claimed the prize.  I'd also think that *most* of the regulars in here would appreciate that I thought enough of them to tell them.  Most, not all.  I'd also like to think there'd be a number of folks that would be happy for me as I would be for them if they won.

United States
                        Member #6570
                        August 28, 2004
                        36 Posts
                        Posted: September 24, 2013, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

Well to be perfectly honest I would tell everyone and embrace hitting the lotto. Of course I already made my escape route out of the country where i would lay low for a year!

Greg2117's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                          New York
                          United States
                          Member #145706
                          August 12, 2013
                          108 Posts
                          Posted: September 24, 2013, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't post the acutal winning ticket, since it has the sercuity numbers and barcode on it. That would be stupid. But I would let the forum know when I'm about to cash in the ticket. And I'm pretty sure my name would make it back here in the news section.

"When you begin to see, then you begin to feel. And when you begin to feel, then you begin to believe".

JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                            Member #141034
                            April 2, 2013
                            1410 Posts
                            Posted: September 25, 2013, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't post the acutal winning ticket, since it has the sercuity numbers and barcode on it. That would be stupid. But I would let the forum know when I'm about to cash in the ticket. And I'm pretty sure my name would make it back here in the news section.

You can always post a redacted copy of the winning ticket.

London
                              United Kingdom
                              Member #140684
                              March 24, 2013
                              566 Posts
                              Posted: September 25, 2013, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Sure why not, you can be annonymous in the UK and there are a million Josh's in the UK. Might even treat myself to premium member if I win haha.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2