Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What do you say to people, who don't play the lottery, but want you to cut them a check if you win.

Topic closed. 58 replies. Last post 3 years ago by mypiemaster.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
MsNumberDreamer's avatar - lottery balls-cash.jpg
North Carolina
United States
Member #145690
August 11, 2013
258 Posts
Posted: September 9, 2013, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Before you tell a soul that you won anything, go around to all your friends and relatives and tell them you're in a jam and need to borrow 500 bucks.

You'll find out who your real friends are that way.

Use their responses as criteria to determine who gets something and who doesn't.

HaHa Love it!!!!

To God be the glory... 

When you're winning you're being blessed by Him!

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: September 9, 2013, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Some people say they are too smart, to waste their money, playing the lotteries, but would like you, to cut them a check if you win. What would you like to do/say to them.

Write a book about how you won and sell it to them for 49.99$ promotion, nice price!
    A week later, sell it for 59.99$ super promotion, price went up by only 10 dollars!

East of Columbus, OH
      United States
      Member #120843
      December 28, 2011
      447 Posts
      Posted: September 9, 2013, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

Before you tell a soul that you won anything, go around to all your friends and relatives and tell them you're in a jam and need to borrow 500 bucks.

Use their responses as criteria to determine who gets something and who doesn't.

That's a great idea!  I'll keep it in mind!

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
        JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
        Member #141034
        April 2, 2013
        1408 Posts
        Posted: September 9, 2013, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

Brilliant idea  rdgrnr. I can see some of them running and ducking, only to find out later that you are a multi-millionaire. I guess tough s**t is in order.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
          Member #141034
          April 2, 2013
          1408 Posts
          Posted: September 9, 2013, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

I know lots of people that thinks like this.  When I tell them about me playing or talk about the lottery they shake their heads at me or give those eyes that suggest "stupid girl" but they will always remind me that they are there if I win.  I don't think I should only waste my money.  They should be putting in their money for their own chance, but nope.  I don't plan on giving them anything.  You can't win if you don't play so don't expect a free ride from me.  I have selected certain people I will help and the list ends there.

I know two people, one always tells us, whenever we are having a pool, "If I ever win the lottery, I'll make sure I retire all you guys".  The other one always says,"I'll give each one of you $1M if I ever win the jackpot". But they never join the pool. One day, I pulled them aside, and asked them why they never join the pool. The first one said, "My wife will kill me, if she finds out that I spent any money on the lottery". The second one said, "Oooh, my pastor will be PI$$ED OFF, if he ever finds out that I gamble". So how the F**K are they gonna retire us all, or give us all $1M each when they "win"? One told me that it is just their way of telling us not to forget them when we win.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4102 Posts
            Posted: September 9, 2013, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

Just got to thinking about this " check cutting fiasco". Why would people not ask one to cut them a check now?

What if one was a current Millionaire and winning the jackpot simply added to their obscene pile of cash- does one have to first read about you winning the jackpot to reach out to you for help?

Second of all: Do you give cash to panhandlers?

MsNumberDreamer's avatar - lottery balls-cash.jpg
              North Carolina
              United States
              Member #145690
              August 11, 2013
              258 Posts
              Posted: September 9, 2013, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Just got to thinking about this " check cutting fiasco". Why would people not ask one to cut them a check now?

What if one was a current Millionaire and winning the jackpot simply added to their obscene pile of cash- does one have to first read about you winning the jackpot to reach out to you for help?

Second of all: Do you give cash to panhandlers?

I always give to the homeless and panhandlers when I have cash or a gift card on me so I wouldn't hesitate to help one when I win a big JP. However, people that are well and able to work but just lazy... NOPE. I will not be their free ride.

To God be the glory... 

When you're winning you're being blessed by Him!

Sacramento, CA
                United States
                Member #142454
                May 12, 2013
                66 Posts
                Posted: September 9, 2013, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

"I'm sorry Mom, but I know you wouldn't want to encourage my irresponsible lottery playing ways."

Okay, I'd get her an annuity or something, but there would be a leeeetle nose rubbing first. After the various lectures on money wasted I've sat through over the years... She never likes it when I point out she spends more on soda a week than I do the numbers though. Big Grin Angel

JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                  Member #141034
                  April 2, 2013
                  1408 Posts
                  Posted: September 12, 2013, 10:19 am - IP Logged

"I'm sorry Mom, but I know you wouldn't want to encourage my irresponsible lottery playing ways."

Okay, I'd get her an annuity or something, but there would be a leeeetle nose rubbing first. After the various lectures on money wasted I've sat through over the years... She never likes it when I point out she spends more on soda a week than I do the numbers though. Big Grin Angel

Mom always gets a pass. Blue Angel For her love, she can have anything she wants Yes Nod

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                    United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3850 Posts
                    Posted: September 12, 2013, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

Mom always gets a pass. Blue Angel For her love, she can have anything she wants Yes Nod

True, but my Mom was also a player, so I never would have to make that decision.

Also the only reason she played was so she could give most of it away.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19816 Posts
                      Posted: September 12, 2013, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Some people say they are too smart, to waste their money, playing the lotteries, but would like you, to cut them a check if you win. What would you like to do/say to them.

I've heard people make such statements when I was buying tickets but they aren't people I know or associate with and they wouldn't be worth knowing or associating with after I won a large jackpot either.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #85367
                        January 14, 2010
                        11 Posts
                        Posted: September 13, 2013, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

Oh boy...where do I begin?

I have all these folks in PA, that used to know me about 15-20 years ago...some wish me NON-EXISTENT.  (Not dead, just, non-existent.)

I have two Ex-GF's that if they found out I won....would try and move as close to me as possible...not so that I'd notice that they INTENTIONALLY did so....but, to let me know that they were around...and INTERESTED in me again...(they dumped ME!)

So, what I'd do....is let them in....take a stack of 100's as if it was a pretty fold fan...wave it under their noses...

"Like the smell, honey" 

"Oh yes, I do I do I do!"

"well, close your eyes....."

"Oh...alright...."

and then I'd turn up my butt in their face and FART a Nice Big WET ONE...right under their nose....

"Well,  baby...that's all yer gonna get!  Now GET OUT!"

And then when my wife comes back in from shopping, and asks "Who the hell were those b---hes coming out my house?"

"Exes, and they're gonna stay that way! :-)"

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                          Lavender Rocket

United States
                          Member #124616
                          March 16, 2012
                          2642 Posts
                          Posted: September 14, 2013, 1:53 am - IP Logged

Nothing.  I would say nothing to them, nor would they get a check.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                            Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40262 Posts
                            Posted: September 14, 2013, 9:47 am - IP Logged

Nothing.  I would say nothing to them, nor would they get a check.

Nice to see you back Max.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                              Member #141034
                              April 2, 2013
                              1408 Posts
                              Posted: September 15, 2013, 12:18 am - IP Logged

Oh boy...where do I begin?

I have all these folks in PA, that used to know me about 15-20 years ago...some wish me NON-EXISTENT.  (Not dead, just, non-existent.)

I have two Ex-GF's that if they found out I won....would try and move as close to me as possible...not so that I'd notice that they INTENTIONALLY did so....but, to let me know that they were around...and INTERESTED in me again...(they dumped ME!)

So, what I'd do....is let them in....take a stack of 100's as if it was a pretty fold fan...wave it under their noses...

"Like the smell, honey" 

"Oh yes, I do I do I do!"

"well, close your eyes....."

"Oh...alright...."

and then I'd turn up my butt in their face and FART a Nice Big WET ONE...right under their nose....

"Well,  baby...that's all yer gonna get!  Now GET OUT!"

And then when my wife comes back in from shopping, and asks "Who the hell were those b---hes coming out my house?"

"Exes, and they're gonna stay that way! :-)"

I don't know what to say. I don't know, if one should laugh or cry. I sure hope, you win a bunch of money, so you can tell us, the rest of the story LOL